+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 69th Draw

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
Hello ROH 69, I'm glad to be back 16 hours after the draw

Thank you for the unwavering support yesterday in the ROH 68 @lino82 @KingKurly @pessacanada @TanakaM @Karnesh @AlliBatista

@mqamar1994 Congrats! You are one lucky dude! Make your daddies proud @tjsecondtry @shaun75 :p

To my sissy from the other side of the world @andieangel keep the faith, sis. Our struggles in life brought us closer together. Can't wait to celebrate our birthday in Canada next year.

The return of the brainchild of the Yukon party, @xibalban, made the 68th draw more epic than the 66th. The odds may not be in your favour now but believe that anything can happen. Last option - marry your future girlfriend in Canada. ;)

Sis @Wandering Mind, it is real! Receiving the ITA is like giving birth to a baby. I think I am going through a post-partum stress syndrome now :eek:

Congrats to all who got the ITA. Our real test has just began. All the best to us!

To those who are still waiting, don't underestimate the power of a single thread of hope. :)
Welcome and once again congratulations :)

hbrod

Jul 19, 2017
Hey, guys.

Been following the RoH threads for draws 68 and 69, however first time posting.

I was wondering if you could help me with this "dilemma":

I am currently sitting at 420 after submitting my profile last week with accompanying spouse. He is taking his IELTS this month and with his results we probably reach 440.

However, if I apply by myself, my points go up to 438.

Can I update my profile to say that he is not accompanying me until he gets his results, in case of a draw < 439 until then, or will this prevent him from getting his PR if I receive an ITA?

If I do remove him now, how can he accompany me to Canada after I get PR?

Thanks so much and best of luck to us all.

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
Is anyone experiencing score display issues? It's been 24 hours after my profile submission and still no score displayed loll

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
Hello my friend, I'm so glad to hear you and you are with us as usual, that's a main point and it means a lot to us, believe me. And Congratulations on your nomination, couldn't point out that, coz was really busy with my baby boy and my wife. Thank God, they are OK and now home.

As you said, my friends (active, newbies and short time visitors), do not lose your hope, keep it with you all the time, your ITA is coming, remember the last year, everyone was telling CRS would never come down 440 or even 445, now we all saw CRS 413 and soon we will witness CRS 400 and even lower, coz as @andieangel (Secretary General ;)) told us earlier that those who are eligible and trying to work very hard on improving their CRS score deserve an ITA :)

@iamxty please visit us here when you get the chance and good luck for your post-ITA process. Ask any help (even though you know everything ;)) if you need, we will support as we are doing to our Sister @Wandering Mind ; Believe me, we need you without doubt and you need us :p Hope we will catch up you very soon and celebrate together our birthday parties, organize parties for kids and may be short trip across Canada.

PS: I feel now CIC will launch their regular draw-out system, I mean big size and 2-3 draws a month, sometimes back-to-back draws, hopefully we will have our ITAs very soon ;):) Plz everyone try to be critical thinker, not critical person who always see the negative in everything. Last point to tell you all: NEVER BACK DOWN and DO NOT GIVE A ROOM IN YOUR HEART for THE NEGATIVITY :):cool: because you all set already a reasonable GOAL.
Very well said :) and thank you so much for the positivity u bring to all of us :)

Vai

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
I have done Master of Arts from Indian uty.. but my Wes report says four year Bachelor's degree. Which course is equivalent to canadian Master degree?

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
same goes with me, Retaken Ielts, Improved in other section but writing still 6.5 :D I would like to include a pleading note to the examiner in my answer sheet. Hope they will consider and gift me that +0.5 :p
Hahaha exactly my thoughts...u know i was telling my husband tht next time i will request them at the end of assay to grant me tht .5 score to get me clb9 in writing.
I believe we should start doing tht who knows it might be of help :)

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
Hello my friend, I'm so glad to hear you and you are with us as usual, that's a main point and it means a lot to us, believe me. And Congratulations on your nomination, couldn't point out that, coz was really busy with my baby boy and my wife. Thank God, they are OK and now home.

As you said, my friends (active, newbies and short time visitors), do not lose your hope, keep it with you all the time, your ITA is coming, remember the last year, everyone was telling CRS would never come down 440 or even 445, now we all saw CRS 413 and soon we will witness CRS 400 and even lower, coz as @andieangel (Secretary General ;)) told us earlier that those who are eligible and trying to work very hard on improving their CRS score deserve an ITA :)

@iamxty please visit us here when you get the chance and good luck for your post-ITA process. Ask any help (even though you know everything ;)) if you need, we will support as we are doing to our Sister @Wandering Mind ; Believe me, we need you without doubt and you need us :p Hope we will catch up you very soon and celebrate together our birthday parties, organize parties for kids and may be short trip across Canada.

PS: I feel now CIC will launch their regular draw-out system, I mean big size and 2-3 draws a month, sometimes back-to-back draws, hopefully we will have our ITAs very soon ;):) Plz everyone try to be critical thinker, not critical person who always see the negative in everything. Last point to tell you all: NEVER BACK DOWN and DO NOT GIVE A ROOM IN YOUR HEART for THE NEGATIVITY :):cool: because you all set already a reasonable GOAL.
And congratulations once again on the arrival of ur new bundle of joy incase u missed my previoud post!

dammieh

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
20-10-2017
I have done Master of Arts from Indian uty.. but my Wes report says four year Bachelor's degree. Which course is equivalent to canadian Master degree?
Unfortunately, this is what WES does with a lot of degrees. They have assessed your MA as a Bachelor degree in Canada, therefore you can only claim points for a Bachelor's degree even though you have a Master's degree.

cracked

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
I declined my ITA yesterday. It was day 90. We had all the papers except one. My wife had 425 points but we didn't have proof of funds yet. Decided not to risk it. Sad. Hope we get another chance!!

dammieh

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
20-10-2017
I declined my ITA yesterday. It was day 90. We had all the papers except one. My wife had 425 points but we didn't have proof of funds yet. Decided not to risk it. Sad. Hope we get another chance!!
Hopefully you will. These things happen, hold on and be strong. That time will come.

Reactions: andieangel

trikings2000

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Nigeria
NOC Code......
You guys should have used PEBC instead of WES from the start. According to CIC, it should be a professional degree, which gets the same points as a Master's degree.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession (For “professional degree”, the degree program must have been in: medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, or pharmacy.)

Had issues while tryin to process her transcript earlier. Mine was quite fast and ECA was done at the speed of light in less than 3 weeks using ICES. Hence I chose to be the primary candidate. Moreso scores were falling quite low, hence we felt we had a shot at 430. The process of document evaluation using PEBC can be quite strenuous especially when the licensing body here in Naija has to forward a license statement directly to PEBC.

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Why not? Currently we have

431-440 2,244
421-430 2,010

and ~3200 taken in a draw.. so if there is no much influx, 427-429 is definitely possible. I wish to be on the 'Hope' side ;)
Just like you and me entered the express entry pool one day with a dream to reach Canada, everyday lot of people like us are doing the same. So there is a continuous inflow of applicants to the pool every day. Also, there are those who improve their CRS scores through whatever means they can. So influx is there and it is not going to stop unless Canada stops becoming a favored destination for immigrants.

Lets look at the recent 2 draws:
July 12 - CRS cut off was 440
Aug 2 - CRS cut off was 441

On July 12, all those with CRS 440 and above were flushed out of the express entry pool. 3 weeks later, you have a draw in which around 3200+invites are issued but still nobody below CRS 440 makes it through. Why?

If you have the answer to the above question, you will know there is a huge influx which makes it impossible for the scores to decrease drastically unless they have back to back draws or issue more number of ITAs.