Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should we write with pen..I mean i always write with pencil
Well my experience with pencil has been bad on both occasions. In 2015, first attempt with pencil i scored 6 or 6.5 in writing, Then in November with pen, without any writing practice i scored 7. And in my last attempt with so much practice and care, i gave with a very cheap pencil, my horrible mistake, i managed to get only 5.5. My lowest ever. So you get the point. If the quality of pencil is not good, the text can get messy and unreadable because of friction between papers. I highly believe that was the case with my last attempt. I was so sure of getting 7 in Reading and Writing, but wasn't to be.

Reactions: baka

M DEV

May 2, 2017
So what's Ur score now..
Well my experience with pencil has been bad on both occasions. In 2015, first attempt with pencil i scored 6 or 6.5 in writing, Then in November with pen, without any writing practice i scored 7. And in my last attempt with so much practice and care, i gave with a very cheap pencil, my horrible mistake, i managed to get only 5.5. My lowest ever. So you get the point. If the quality of pencil is not good, the text can get messy and unreadable because of friction between papers. I highly believe that was the case with my last attempt. I was so sure of getting 7 in Reading and Writing, but wasn't to be.

QAhmed

Jun 9, 2017
You and i are in a very similar situation. Got the sibling point too. But as you are 7 points ahead, very likely you will receive ITA in couple of draws if not the next one. But just to be on the safe side, as it is already half way through the year, having a NOI will be a plan B. Hence i am going to recreate my profile tonight. Even if you get affected by the CRS tie-break, waiting one more draw wouldn't be that bad rite! Good luck :)
So I should wait for at least 2 more draws perhaps and try my luck! :) But i agree that having a plan B is wise, also in any case I will end up going to Ontario

a533

Jun 12, 2017
hello guys,

I have 384 CRS Score with LRWS 8.5, 8, 6,7 and Bachelors. what can be the chances to improve my CRS score except taking up IELTS again.. :-(

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
I can see still there is some instructions on login page:

********************quote*********************
We are currently experiencing very high traffic on our online services. You may have difficulty accessing them. We are working to resolve this issue.

• If you are unable to submit a document on time as a result of the technical difficulties, try again over the next few days. If you are concerned about missing your deadline, submit the requested documents using the IRCC Webform.
  • You may see an incorrect application status asking for a medical exam or additional documents. If you actually need to send any documents or do a medical, you will see a message in your account and a letter explaining what you need to do.

********************unquote*********************

I dont think draw will happen till this issue with online services is resolved.

Lets hope CIC website developers are able to solve it before this Wednesday,

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
hello guys,

I have 384 CRS Score with LRWS 8.5, 8, 6,7 and Bachelors. what can be the chances to improve my CRS score except taking up IELTS again.. :-(
getting provincial nominations...600pts...depends on ur trade...check out which all provinces are are open for nominations now... Ontario gives but for 400+...(over next few months it might be lowered)
---
getting a Job offer from any Canadian employer for min of 1 year..(50pts)..
---
doing a master's around 20pts / getting CLB7+ in French 30pts / getting extra years of experience (capped at total of 3 years...)
---
but the most workable one is IELTS @CLB9 or CLB10 ---will spike ur score up by 60-80 +points total.....
all you need to do is register now and really practice hard with all the tests...over the next month till ur exam...it is worth a shot...
the provincial nomination is not guaranteed to drop the points,it is lengthier than normal EE by 6+months...and cost you $1500 (Ontario)

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I should wait for at least 2 more draws perhaps and try my luck! :) But i agree that having a plan B is wise, also in any case I will end up going to Ontario
I would do it if i were you. In fact i am almost in the same situation so i'm gonna wait till July anyhow. If the cut-off won't cut it, i will book a IELTS date for one last try before proceeding with the OINP. Also, i'm heading to Ontario as well regardless ;)

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can see still there is some instructions on login page:

********************quote*********************
We are currently experiencing very high traffic on our online services. You may have difficulty accessing them. We are working to resolve this issue.

• If you are unable to submit a document on time as a result of the technical difficulties, try again over the next few days. If you are concerned about missing your deadline, submit the requested documents using the IRCC Webform.
  • You may see an incorrect application status asking for a medical exam or additional documents. If you actually need to send any documents or do a medical, you will see a message in your account and a letter explaining what you need to do.

********************unquote*********************

I dont think draw will happen till this issue with online services is resolved.

Lets hope CIC website developers are able to solve it before this Wednesday,
I am also very concerned about that plastered message in mycic homepage. Couple of days remaining, hopefully they will sort it out. All we can do now is hope, as always lol