Passport Req..
27-06-2018
Looks like we won't see any draw take place in the entire month of June :(

Reactions: M DEV

rahulmehta222

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have received a Provincial/Territorial Interest letter from Ontario, however, I have a good CRS to receive ITA in the next draw (448). Do I need to cancel this anywhere in the system so that my profile remains in the system and be considered for next express entry draw?

Thanks

kvin1087

Star Member
Jun 9, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have received a Provincial/Territorial Interest letter from Ontario, however, I have a good CRS to receive ITA in the next draw (448). Do I need to cancel this anywhere in the system so that my profile remains in the system and be considered for next express entry draw?

Thanks
I don't think you need to cancel. I believe you have 60 days to accept/decline an invitation. Your profile will still remain in the system .

rahulmehta222

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
I don't think you need to cancel. I believe you have 60 days to accept/decline an invitation. Your profile will still remain in the system .
Thanks Man! If I am not wrong, once I accept the ITA through regular route (via express entry), then this nomination can be safely rejected.

X

xibalban

As expected, I received an NOI from Ontario for the second time, just a moment ago. I took the chance by recreating my profile, and they favoured me. I am glad, I have my escape route to Canada lest the CRS cut-off never falls.

Reactions: M DEV and iamxty

Jojolet

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
I'm sure you know about the 'Cambridge series' online practice tests available....
if you haven't come across already try this
http://ieltsonlinetests.com/catalogue

there are about 60practice tests for all 4 modules....practice all of them...(its boring after first few trials...:eek:...esp listening to the instructions each time you do the listening practice test...
for speaking practice talking on each topic and record it using the microphone on ur mobile headset...listen urself after each and try to improve on duration and grammatical correctness and style...
it will help u when a random topic is thrown at the real test...
--
writing needs practice...for speed and to write in organized fashion...
task 2 carries 6points out of 9 ...so make sure u write in a structured way...
have an introduction paragraph/then the pros and cons or for and against arguments on the topic / conclude with your opinion after considering all the pros and cons...
it is impossible to write all 60 practice topics...however try to write down the key points you will fill the essay with ...so it will help you quickly fill u with ideas at the real test...no topic will surprise u much and you will be able to think and write in an organized manner...

All the best....
Thanks a lot. Wishing us all the very best

Reactions: M DEV

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
As expected, I received an NOI from Ontario for the second time, just a moment ago. I took the chance by recreating my profile, and they favoured me. I am glad, I have my escape route to Canada lest the CRS cut-off never falls.
There you go, already giving up PEI dream heheh. kidding :) Congratulationss man! Ontario isnt so bad either :)

badgalroxy

Jun 9, 2017
Question re: NOC. Do you have to perform all of the duties in the lead statement? I see it's on the CIC website but does anyone have any insight into if all are required/necessary?

Here:
Minimum requirements
Skilled work experience
Your work experience must be:
  • in the same type of job as your primary NOC
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • at least 1 year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

If you cannot show that your work experience meets the description in the NOC, you are not eligible under this program.[/QUOTE]

rajdeep_bose

Jun 8, 2017
Hi Guys,

Thanks
I received interest letter from Ontario as well. I think I will wait for the draw and try my luck.

Reactions: astralsource