+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 66th Draw

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
No comments on the draw..But yes by today or tomorrow the distribution list of candidates by CIC should be on site...:mad::mad::mad:
Enough of it now
I've only ever seen the score distribution available when there is a draw. Where would I look for the distribution separately?

Thanks

M DEV

May 2, 2017
Not sure & totally confused that If I want to try really again :( or Shall update my present score 8.5, 8.5 , 6.5, 7 to EE & leave it up to to 1 year or 6 months ?.
In spite of having Work loads/long work hours, I feel I need to give a gap!!! :(
Share me your thoughts ! :( :( :(
See ielts is not a big deal...We take a lot of headache on that..
So calm down ..Take a deep breath and upload Ur new ielts...As it's no harm ..Ur points are on the same platform
Then with a cool mind start preparing for another exam..U can say it's the ielts who can take us to Canada nothing else..

Pete102

Jun 16, 2017
Hey Pete..So impressed by you..
How unrealistic and impossible goal you have achieved..I mean we all know how hard it is to gain those many bands that too in all modules..I mean great job done man.
Being selfish here..Please guide us about writing part.. Especially the site which u referred for preparation.
One mOre silly question..How many sheets did u fill for task two.
Hi :)

This may help some of you studying and taking IELTS to increase your scores, or maybe not, but I'll post anyway :).

Firstly, I revised quite a lot for the exam, finding as many online examples as possible for the listening, reading and writing and completing the mock tests for around 3 or 4 weeks leading up to the exam. With the listening exam I'd recommend having a good look through the question before the audio starts so that you have an idea of what to listen out for (even if it's sub-consciously). Then its a case of listening intently for the key details e.g. train time, platform, location. In my opinion the listening is not straight forward its quite easy to 'trip up' with some of the questions.

For reading I found this the easiest of all the tests since all of the information is presented in front of you, although you are required to interpret some of the information and discount other potential answers. If I remember correctly I finished this early and had a nice little nap while waiting for others to finish! I'd recommend getting through the paper quite quickly then go back and confirm your answers - if a question is not immediately clear then move on and come back to it, better to answer 90% of the paper than 50% (worst case scenario). Also, as with the listening, read the question a couple of times before you look for the answer as this will help identifying the pertinent data.

Writing is probably the trickiest of all since marking is largely subjective. Although I write technical reports as part of my job I did spend quite a bit of time revising how to structure my answer. It was a while ago but I seem to remember looking up the basic structure of a complaint letter and how to organise the presentation of data. You can improve your writing performance by reading English books, this will improve your lexicon, vocabulary and hopefully your speaking score!.

Speaking was probably the oddest of all, nothing more than an informal chat about some very strange subjects (very abstract) so try and go in relaxed, I wouldn't recommend using some of the more complex words unless you are 100% confident in their application and context but remember this is an opportunity to show off your direct communication skills.

Hope this helps.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
you are right but next date available in my city is on 29th july, that means the result will be out on 14 aug. however i think by then crs would definitely go down to 405 lets see
This gives you enough time to practice. It is not a bad thing at all because you can prepare all the other documents while you wait for the IELTS. That way, when you get an ITA you can even submit within a week. If score go below 405 good, if not you will still be covered.

Regards

Reactions: Ornela Forsyte

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If there is no draw today it will be a very long weekend. Stock up on your favorite alcoholic beverages... Either to celebrate the draw or to get through the weekend

Come on! Let's get this done CIC!!!
Definitely would have loved double black JW or a bottle of red vino ummm. However looking forward to NOI, hopefully this time lucky.

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
See ielts is not a big deal...We take a lot of headache on that..
So calm down ..Take a deep breath and upload Ur new ielts...As it's no harm ..Ur points are on the same platform
Then with a cool mind start preparing for another exam..U can say it's the ielts who can take us to Canada nothing else..
I will try to do mate for sure and because of giving positive hopes (like my family members)

Reactions: M DEV

montylee

Star Member
May 7, 2013
NOC Code......
After the update from CIC, a draw seems like a distant dream this week. Let's hope they conduct back to back draws from next week to flush everyone over 400 at least!

Reactions: baka and andieangel