+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 66th Draw

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hello Everyone and fellows members awaiting ITAs. I just joined the forum and will be one of the people hoping for the ray to shine on me as well in addition to you all :).

I will be submitting my EE Profile soon once my ECA is cleared. Its awaiting processing with UoT CES and WES both and wasting money & time in the process. Waiting for ECA has been pretty frustrating but not much can be done. I wish I had chosen WES option in the first go itself but that can't be changed but even they have been pretty slow to work on my application and have been sitting on documents for over 1.5 weeks.

Here is hoping that I can submit EE soon since my birthday is August 26 and don't want to lose the 5 points.

Today I stand around 432 CRS points. Hoping to get through as soon as EE Profile is submitted than to get it reduced to 427 after August 26 and play with fate.

CrownDiu

Feb 21, 2017
I updated my profile at 10am EST tpday on 14th june '17, and am hoping I can make it under 14th-15th june entry draw, considering the last draw was on 31st May. Anyone has any idea, whether my profile will be counted under this cut off or will i need to wait for two weeks??

CrownDiu

Feb 21, 2017
I updated my profile at 10am EST today on 14th june '17 (while i was sitting in Australia and the time was around 12am - June 15th) and am hoping I can make it under 14th-15th June entry draw, considering the last draw was on 31st May (based on draw every 2 weeks). Anyone has any idea, whether my profile will be counted under this cut off or will i need to wait for two weeks (June 28th-29th time frame)??

saad_k

Apr 25, 2017
Pakistan
Man, I just got into the pool on the 13th and I was really expecting a draw today. I'm on 413 so I think my chances are pretty high. How many points do you guys think the next draw would close at?

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
hi...this may be useful as well...

http://ieltsonlinetests.com/catalogue

it is Cambridge online series...with actual tests also ( I believe Cambridge is the one who runs the carriculum for the exam)

there are about 60 practice tests each in all sections....some academic and some general...(only difference is academic exam is bit tougher for listening and reading ,speaking is same for both and writing task 1 is a describing data out of a graph in place of letter)...so practice all the listening / reading / speaking and writing task 2 of all tests and task 1 of general...and you will get a good score...
I managed 8.5 overall and my only source was this...also practice speaking recording urself ....you can listen urself and improve upon it...
Thank u for sharing!!! 2-3 wks is enuff for practicing???am planing to take it on 8th july wud tht be enuff time to practice or should i give it some more time??i have already scored overall 7 band!!!

Reactions: neels89

Tolan4uk

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
I updated my profile at 10am EST today on 14th june '17 (while i was sitting in Australia and the time was around 12am - June 15th) and am hoping I can make it under 14th-15th June entry draw, considering the last draw was on 31st May (based on draw every 2 weeks). Anyone has any idea, whether my profile will be counted under this cut off or will i need to wait for two weeks (June 28th-29th time frame)??
same story, updated profile today at 9 AM cause noticed that there is new raw in "work history" which is called "research"...updated that one and now hoping that it will not cause some sort of delay with my 433 CRS

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
Hi Stuti22,
I used free study materials from these websites.
http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/prepare

https://www.ieltsessentials.com/global/prepare/freepracticetests

https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/sample-test-questions

These were the main ones. There were a couple of others ones I picked questions from randomly, but I can't remember them. My IELTS scores really helped as I had three CLB 10 and one CLB 9, one year work experience and CRS 413. I got ITA May 31st.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.
U practiced for how long!??? 2 -3 wks is enuff if one practice daily for a few hours???

CrownDiu

Feb 21, 2017
same story, updated profile today at 9 AM cause noticed that there is new raw in "work history" which is called "research"...updated that one and now hoping that it will not cause some sort of delay with my 433 CRS
Is there a time stamp followed to stop accepting the new applicants after a certain time on a draw date?