+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 63rd Draw

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my languaage test results today.. now my score is 416. Missed today's draw. Hope next draw wiill be lower than today's draw
You will get it probably in the next draw :)

nilanjana

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Australia
IELTS Request
03-12-2016
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
Thanks. That really clears a lot of doubts :)

qgon123

Feb 12, 2017
Great signature! and all the best for the next draw.
I am not in the pool yet. My score is 411 with my spouse and 434 without him. He is trying to convince me to apply alone so that at least one of us gets an ITA and then maybe he can join me with a tourist visa. Is this a very bad idea? Or should I apply with my husband with 411 score?
What do you guys suggest?
Will really appreciate your suggestions :)
You are going to get ITA with CRS 411 in the very next draw, Sister.

nilanjana

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Australia
IELTS Request
03-12-2016
Sorry, this maybe a little off-topic but does anyone know how long it takes to get a police clearance in these three countries approximately?
U.S.A
India
Australia

Live life

May 6, 2017
Please advise if we can make changes to EE PROFILE after receiving noi from Ontario. Changes like adding an employment which will not change the crs.

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Sorry, this maybe a little off-topic but does anyone know how long it takes to get a police clearance in these three countries approximately?
U.S.A
India
Australia
US - 60 days ~
India - mostly 3 weeks or less ~
AU - No idea..

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Great signature! and all the best for the next draw.
I am not in the pool yet. My score is 411 with my spouse and 434 without him. He is trying to convince me to apply alone so that at least one of us gets an ITA and then maybe he can join me with a tourist visa. Is this a very bad idea? Or should I apply with my husband with 411 score?
What do you guys suggest?
Will really appreciate your suggestions :)
Enter the pool with him now, if you can. See what happens. You can always withdraw and make a new profile without him if you haven't gotten the ITA in a timeframe that works for you.

nilanjana

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Australia
IELTS Request
03-12-2016
US - 60 days ~
India - mostly 3 weeks or less ~
AU - No idea..
Thanks for your response. I was just checking on how to apply for US police clearance from outside US for non-US citizens. I have two questions regarding this:
How do I provide my fingerprints? They say I have to send a fingerprints card. There is a form that I have downloaded but in the form there is no place to put my fingerprints. May sound silly but do I just put it in a white sheet of paper and attach it with the form?
Secondly, when I click on the application form it says the following:

Identity History Summary Checks Review
Pursuant to 28 CFR 16.30-16.34, an Identity History Summary is provided solely for you to conduct a personal review and/or obtain a change, correction, or updating of your record. It is not provided for the purpose of licensing or employment or any other purpose enumerated in 28 CFR 20.33. If the reason you are requesting an Identity History Summary or proof that an Identity History Summary does not exist is for employment, licensing, or adoption purposes within the United States, you may be required by state statute or federal law to submit your request through your state identification bureau, requesting federal agency, or other authorized channeling agency. Please contact the requesting agency or the appropriate state identification bureau (or state police) for additional information. For a list of state identification bureaus, visit http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/state-identification-bureau-listing.

So, my question is, is the identity history summary the same as the police clearance certificate and is this good enough for CIC? Is this what I need to provide for police clearance from U.S.A./FBI?
Any suggestions/views/recommendations on this matter would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

nilanjana

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Australia
IELTS Request
03-12-2016
I believe Australian police clearances takes approx. 15 business days

AU is approx. 15 working days! (3 weeks)
Thanks Jo.
I live in Adelaide now. But have lived in Victoria for the past 6 years. I saw on the CIC website that if I have ever lived in VIC then I need to provide a clearance from VicRoads. So, my question is, do I get the VicRoads clearance first then get the federal police clearance or can I apply for both simultaneously?

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Thanks for your response. I was just checking on how to apply for US police clearance from outside US for non-US citizens. I have two questions regarding this:
How do I provide my fingerprints? They say I have to send a fingerprints card. There is a form that I have downloaded but in the form there is no place to put my fingerprints. May sound silly but do I just put it in a white sheet of paper and attach it with the form?
Secondly, when I click on the application form it says the following:

Identity History Summary Checks Review
Pursuant to 28 CFR 16.30-16.34, an Identity History Summary is provided solely for you to conduct a personal review and/or obtain a change, correction, or updating of your record. It is not provided for the purpose of licensing or employment or any other purpose enumerated in 28 CFR 20.33. If the reason you are requesting an Identity History Summary or proof that an Identity History Summary does not exist is for employment, licensing, or adoption purposes within the United States, you may be required by state statute or federal law to submit your request through your state identification bureau, requesting federal agency, or other authorized channeling agency. Please contact the requesting agency or the appropriate state identification bureau (or state police) for additional information. For a list of state identification bureaus, visit http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/state-identification-bureau-listing.

So, my question is, is the identity history summary the same as the police clearance certificate and is this good enough for CIC? Is this what I need to provide for police clearance from U.S.A./FBI?
Any suggestions/views/recommendations on this matter would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
1. depends on location.. for example in Canada there are external agencies who can take fingerprints in special scanner and provide printout on FD258 form. if you don't have such agency near your location, then take FD258 form printout and check with nearest police station get fingerprints..
It needs to taken by an professional, else there is high chance of rejection..

2. yes, you are on the correct FBI page for US Police Certificate ( Identity History Summary )

JoFromAustralia

May 17, 2017
Thanks Jo.
I live in Adelaide now. But have lived in Victoria for the past 6 years. I saw on the CIC website that if I have ever lived in VIC then I need to provide a clearance from VicRoads. So, my question is, do I get the VicRoads clearance first then get the federal police clearance or can I apply for both simultaneously?
I'm in Sydney, so I'm not sure, but from what I've read, it looks like they are not related to each other, so both simultaneously should be fine.