Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi guys,

New member here. I´m planning to apply through Express Entry as soon as I marry in November, I wish I could apply now but I need to wait. I took the IELTS on Saturday and though I feel pretty comfortable with the Writing, Reading and Speaking tests, I don´t feel as positive regarding the Listening part. I guess anxiety had a lot to do with that as I just did a practice test and got only one wrong answer.

I did a preliminary calculation and assuming that I fall below band 8 in Listening as I expect, my CRS score would be 370. I´m thinking about re-taking the test and trying to get an 8 or 8.5, that would increase my score to about 430.

With that being said and given that I won´t apply for EE until the end of the year, should I take the test again so I can have a higher CRS in 6 months, or is there any indication that the cut-off will go as low as 370 in November and therefore this won´t be necessary?

Thanks.
Can your spouse take IELTS also and have ECA? In that way you can also claim points on basis on that. Regarding EE program till November it's too early to say, for now see how it goes and wait for results, wait for 2 months, see trend and act accordingly, I wouldn't be surprised if CIC prepares additinal changes in fall.

s747

May 11, 2017
Hi guys,

New member here. I´m planning to apply through Express Entry as soon as I marry in November, I wish I could apply now but I need to wait. I took the IELTS on Saturday and though I feel pretty comfortable with the Writing, Reading and Speaking tests, I don´t feel as positive regarding the Listening part. I guess anxiety had a lot to do with that as I just did a practice test and got only one wrong answer.

I did a preliminary calculation and assuming that I fall below band 8 in Listening as I expect, my CRS score would be 370. I´m thinking about re-taking the test and trying to get an 8 or 8.5, that would increase my score to about 430.

With that being said and given that I won´t apply for EE until the end of the year, should I take the test again so I can have a higher CRS in 6 months, or is there any indication that the cut-off will go as low as 370 in November and therefore this won´t be necessary?

Thanks.
Cutoff will certainly go down in the months to come as there are not many ppl in the pool. Advice to save your money for future when you need to spend couple of lacs after getting invitation and you have to show your financials for yourself and spouse..

Arod

May 15, 2017
Can your spouse take IELTS also and have ECA? In that way you can also claim points on basis on that. Regarding EE program till November it's too early to say, for now see how it goes and wait for results, wait for 2 months, see trend and act accordingly, I wouldn't be surprised if CIC prepares additinal changes in fall.
Hi,

Yes, I actually did my calculation based on the assumption that she won´t get a high band in IETLS and that her ECA won´t have a significant impact on our score as she won´t graduate from college until next year. Therefore her college studies won´t be considered in the application.

I guess I will need to wait then.

Thanks for your reply.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi,

Yes, I actually did my calculation based on the assumption that she won´t get a high band in IETLS and that her ECA won´t have a significant impact on our score as she won´t graduate from college until next year. Therefore her college studies won´t be considered in the application.

I guess I will need to wait then.

Thanks for your reply.
No problem! You can always send your inquiry to immigration lawyer as preliminary calculation, ask for advice. I have send my to David Cohen and I was satisfied.

Reactions: Arod

Arod

May 15, 2017
Cutoff will certainly go down in the months to come as there are not many ppl in the pool. Advice to save your money for future when you need to spend couple of lacs after getting invitation and you have to show your financials for yourself and spouse..
Noted, I´ll wait to see what happens with the cut-off.

Thank you.

Zakaria223

May 4, 2017
Hey guys,
Lets start predicting once again that what everyone thinks?
like when will be the next cutoff and how much it will be?

Bhoomi12

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Hi guys,

Thanks.
U ,must take th test again , advisable to take it before marriage ,so that u can be at peace . Listening is the game changer . Simply put 8 and above marks and check what will be crs point ? It will simply shoot up ...

Bhoomi12

Star Member
May 14, 2017
U ,must take th test again , advisable to take it before marriage ,so that u can be at peace . Listening is the game changer . Simply put 8 and above marks and check what will be crs point ? It will simply shoot up ...
And don't expect the score to go down , cz u never know with these things and 370 below is quite a challenge ...in my opinion , give the test again and be at safer zone ... Anything above 400 is good , if not ITA, u can also apply for Ontario(400+ only) province and then apply for ITA

midtown

May 12, 2017
And don't expect the score to go down , cz u never know with these things and 370 below is quite a challenge ...in my opinion , give the test again and be at safer zone ... Anything above 400 is good , if not ITA, u can also apply for Ontario(400+ only) province and then apply for ITA
What do you mean by apply to Ontario? I don't believe you have to explicitly apply to Ontario, you just need to mark as one of the provinces in your profile and it is picked automatically if your CRS > 400. Is it not the case?

fahadsheikh

Oct 30, 2016
DXB-AE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
By the way, there was once (I don't really remember the date but within past few months) the CIC was down and the draw happened on Friday. It was the first Friday draw of this year. So don't worry people! Draw is on its way this week

Reactions: ivancabrer