+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 61st draw

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
While we are waiting for the next draw..I have some queries....

• After ITA..what are the next steps?
  • I know we get some 90 days to submit the docs (PC/MC/Emp Proof/FP and all)..Do I physically need to send documents as well or just scanning and uploading will suffice?
  • In worst scenario..when will I get to know that my application is rejected?
  • Does getting AoR means that all is well in my application and I just have to wait for the PPR?
  • Also post ITA and before AOR..what are the steps..just need brief info.

Thanks in advance.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
_Harry_ said:
While we are waiting for the next draw..I have one query..

• After ITA..what are the next steps?
Fill some more information like your travel history, address history, family details etc. Collect the required documents.
  • I know we get some 90 days to submit the docs (PC/MC/Emp Proof/FP and all)..Do I physically need to send documents as well or just scanning and uploading will suffice?
Online submission only. No need to send the documents.
  • In worst scenario..when will I get to know that my application is rejected?
Anywhere between 2-5 months depending on at which stage it was rejected.
  • Does getting AoR means that all is well in my application and I just have to wait for the PPR?
Nope. AOR is just a confirmation that CIC has received your application.
  • Also post ITA and before AOR..what are the steps..just need brief info.
Form filling. Document collection, medical exam, uploading docs, submitting the application, and paying fees.

[/list]

Thanks in advance.

qgon123

Feb 12, 2017
Wandering Mind said:
Younger people definitely get more points but that doesn't mean older, highly educated and more experienced people don't stand a chance in Express Entry. It'll all depend on Canada's immigration quota and the number of people in the pool.

Good luck to us all.

Hope we get a chance to meet each other in Canada sometime soon.
Is there any way to reduce your age, please guide me I am new to this forum 8)

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Maverick28 said:
While we are waiting for the next draw..I have one query..

After ITA..what are the next steps?
Fill some more information like your travel history, address history, family details etc. Collect the required documents.
I know we get some 90 days to submit the docs (PC/MC/Emp Proof/FP and all)..Do I physically need to send documents as well or just scanning and uploading will suffice?
Online submission only. No need to send the documents.
In worst scenario..when will I get to know that my application is rejected?
Anywhere between 2-5 months depending on at which stage it was rejected.
Does getting AoR means that all is well in my application and I just have to wait for the PPR?
Nope. AOR is just a confirmation that CIC has received your application.
Also post ITA and before AOR..what are the steps..just need brief info.
Form filling. Document collection, medical exam, uploading docs, submitting the application, and paying fees.

Thanks in advance.
Thank you. Did +1

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
12-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2017
Re: Why should we expect score to go down?

Confused_oldman said:
First thing, quotas were lower last year for economic migrants. Some 20k+ quotas were allotted to refugees because of the huge migrant outflow from Syria. This year they have reduced that and allotted most of it to economic migrants.
Secondly, pre-EE paper based apps were pending in 2016 because of which cic was apparently unable to process more, hence the low ITAs sent out. They have declared those to be completed end of 2016. So now it is only through EE and hence the high ITAs.
from 2016 to 2017, economic migration target ( FSW +FST +CIC ) has been raised from 58,400 to 71,700, about 25%

Now ITAs have been increased two-fold between the period of Jan to April in 2016 and 2017.

In my opinion, the increase in ITAs is not sustainable that is, ITAs cannot increase by 100% if the quota increases by only 25%. What will eventually happen is that with time, ITAs will go down and the cut off will start increasing.

Of course, I would much prefer that my analysis is incorrect and I receive an ITA! Can someone counter that argument please?

abasoufiane

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-06-2017
bunny2015 said:
Moreover, if they wouldn't choose applicants below 400 or 415, they should have increased the first requirements of 67 points to enter the pool. However, I can understand that they are likely to be chosen from PNPs, but then again, the PNP requirements are specific and it is still easier to immigrate to other countries with CLB 7 in IELTS and more work experiences. Canada, requires more immigrants, and our dream is to settle in Canada, therefore, I believe, they will eventually decrease the CRS Cut-off soon in order to fulfill their needs and we'll wait as well to make our dreams reality...
What other countries that are easier to immigrate to with more experience and CLB 7 ?

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #61 – May 4, 2017

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (May 4, 2017).

Ottawa, May 4, 2017

AHMED D. HUSSEN
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (MAY 4, 2017)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on May 4, 2017, and ending on May 5, 2017, is 3,796.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on May 4, 2017, at 12:20:49 UTC, have been assigned a total of 423 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014, and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.