+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 61st draw

fahadsheikh

Oct 30, 2016
DXB-AE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
goddamn.. why you people think so negatively goddamnit! So according to some of you, CIC has some grudge with the people below 415 or 400. That thought is even, seriously ridiculous.

Confused_oldman

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fahadsheikh said:
goddamn.. why you people think so negatively goddamnit! So according to some of you, CIC has some grudge with the people below 415 or 400. That thought is even, seriously ridiculous.
You can't call it grudge. Maybe someone there panicked. Most probably they just want to have enough bandwidth considering they had more than 10k ITAS issued in one month.
CRS will go down next month if not this. Don't worry

IrfanLone15

Apr 4, 2017
Dubai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
No
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
PakiAccountant said:
Hi Guys,

First of all, I want to say big thanks to all the members on this forum. During the last few months, I have realized that this is the forum where you can find answer to almost every question you have regarding Canadian PR/Citizenship.

I am an accountant from Pakistan and have submitted my Express Entry profile. However, I am not sure about the following few things and would like to get advice from experts on this forum as I can update the profile, if needed, before next draw.

I have done Chartered Accountancy and worked at an audit firm for four years (articleship as required by the Institute). I have included CA as full time study for 6 years (say for example from 2010 to 2016) and added my 4 years articleship experience, which is also during the same period (say for example from 2012 to 2016). I am applying under "1111 Financial auditors and accountants" and its description says "Articling students in accounting firms are included in this unit group."My understanding is that I can add CA as full time study and include four years experience at an audit firm as my roles and responsibilities were more or less same as listed in aforementioned occupation.

Issue: I read somewhere that if you add a qualification as full time study, you cannot add full time experience during the same period. I think the logic is that you can either work or study full time. But the fact is that we work for over 40 hours per week during that period and also study for exams.

Could you please advise if there will be an issue if I add CA as full time study and experience during the same period as full time experience. If you anticipate any issue then please advise how can I claim credit for my experience and qualification?

Further, I got a new job in another country about 2 months ago but I don’t want to add that experience to my EE profile. There are two reasons for this. First, if I add the experience then I will have to get experience/reference letter from new employer but I don’t want to let my new employer know that I am considering moving to Canada. Further, adding the 2 months experience will not increase my CRS points as I already have over 3 years of experience. Would this (not adding my current job to EE profile) be considered as mis-representation? If I get ITA, I would provide bank statement which will show salary income from my current job. So, immigration officer will know for sure that I am employed outside my Country but I have not included my current job in my EE profile.

My understanding is that I am not claiming CRS points for experience/qualification that I don’t have. I am not doing anything wrong to increase my score or chances of getting ITA/PR. I am just not disclosing some of my experience due to some reasons which have nothing to do with my PR application. Please advise if it will have negative impact on my application.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. You can while preparing for CA exams work full time in an organization & it is absolutely ok as long as you have refrence letter to back your work ex. . Mention your Experience as full time & In education the ECS should be a professional degree.
You can later after getting an ITA explain in LOE.
2. No need to mention 2 months experience as long as you have three years full time experience with your previous emaoloyer. Later on after getting ITA , you will update current job in your personal History.. this way you can avaiid the hassle of getting refrence letter from current emaoloyer.

Hope it is clear

fahadsheikh

Oct 30, 2016
DXB-AE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Confused_oldman said:
You can't call it grudge. Maybe someone there panicked. Most probably they just want to have enough bandwidth considering they had more than 10k ITAS issued in one month.
CRS will go down next month if not this. Don't worry
Exactly, that's my point as well.

The last time, there was a three weeks gap between rounds, CRS raised up and then fell back again by 10 good points. As of April 13, there aren't many people above 390 (contrary to as expected), only around 3.7K on average, in 10 points bracket. Assuming that every week has around 700 new candidates (just assumption, no facts behind this claim), even then, there aren't enough candidates to fulfill the 2017's quota even above 390. Having 400 and above is a pink slip in my opinion.

hemuriva

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Ldh
Category........
Visa Office......
Chd
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fahadsheikh said:
Dear its not abt that.
Its just they say they need young ppl with good englush and educated. Which automatically makes score around 420.
Thats what everyone means. Thats y they wont go further down. But anything is possible. Only god and cic knows

VidhiIndia

May 4, 2017
Hi all,

I am a new entrant here but have been reading it for sometime and its really helpful. Can someone tell me if getting IELTS re-evaluated helps? I have scored 7.5 in Listening but I need 8. Do you think getting it remarked can increase my score by 0.5?

bilals88

Jun 27, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VidhiIndia said:
Hi all,

I am a new entrant here but have been reading it for sometime and its really helpful. Can someone tell me if getting IELTS re-evaluated helps? I have scored 7.5 in Listening but I need 8. Do you think getting it remarked can increase my score by 0.5?
I think it will be difficult to get the score changed to 8.0 in Listening, but not impossible. I was lucky I got a 0.5 increase (from 6.5 to 7.0 in Writing) when I requested my IELTS to be remarked. In many other cases, the score remains the same.

bunny2015

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
VidhiIndia said:
Hi all,

I don't think it would make any difference in Listening.

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
Sounds Good now! There were babel of voices on this forum since a week. I understand, everyone came to the mindset that "Let the draw happen" and everyone turned up to do their productive work now!~! ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

hasanib92

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
09-02-2022
If the draw will be held this week then the score will touch 409/408, if it's next week then it's 410/411, anyway my expectations for the next couple of Months, ITAs will go for the people who are at 385.

qgon123

Feb 12, 2017
VidhiIndia said:
Hi all,

Re-evaluation usually doesn't work in Listening and Reading, so chances are very slim.

qgon123

Feb 12, 2017
hasanib92 said:
If the draw will be held this week then the score will touch 409/408, if it's next week then it's 410/411, anyway my expectations for the next couple of Months, ITAs will go for the people who are at 385.
:D

ritej gaba

Star Member
May 2, 2017
anyone is having any idea about when the next draw is going to happen??
because its been 2 weeks since the last draw took place.