+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 61st draw

Aaisha09

Apr 27, 2017
Hey there! I'm a newbie ..still learning how things work with the EE. I have a doubt - when a person receives an ITA, does it specify which province has sent it? On what basis are we given a province?

Thanks

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aaisha09 said:
Hey there! I'm a newbie ..still learning how things work with the EE. I have a doubt - when a person receives an ITA, does it specify which province has sent it? On what basis are we given a province?

Thanks
You receive ITA from Canada, not from a province.

M.Gouda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Aaisha09 said:

Thanks
You can go to any province in Canada except for Quebec as they have a different immigration system.

HolyzKyo

Oct 18, 2016
Hello. I'm new to this forum. Recently, I have made a profile for myself for the Express Entry. Though when I tried to calculate my point, there was a question I didn't know how to answer.

4) Enter the highest level of education for which you:
earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate; or
had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)

I have been here since I was 16. I spent 3 years at a secondary school in Canada (6 semesters, 2 of which were ESL) and I earned an OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma)
After I graduated from high school, I went to college. I did a 2-year course and also graduated.

Would I be considered 2 diplomas? Should I choose "Two-year program at a university, college...." or "Two or more certificates, degrees or diplomas. One must be for a program of 3 years"?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

iamtheniravp

Aug 17, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello experts,

I made profile 2 days ago and sitting at 411.
Do you think I will get ITA in next draw ?

Aaisha09

Apr 27, 2017
I have another question - so people who receive an ITA, and eventually opt to go to Ontario don't have to pay $1500?

M.Gouda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Aaisha09 said:
I have another question - so people who receive an ITA, and eventually opt to go to Ontario don't have to pay $1500?
1500$ for what?

You should pay fees for the application (500$), medical examination, etc.

M.Gouda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
iamtheniravp said:
Hello experts,

I made profile 2 days ago and sitting at 411.
Do you think I will get ITA in next draw ?
That depends on how many ppl will they invite in the next draw, how many new EE profiles were submitted, and when they will make the next draw...

For example, if they will invite 3600, while 3600 new EE profiles were submitted with +411 score, then they will just take them.

The only thing you can do is to just submit and forget about it until you get an email from CIC asking you to check your EE profile for a new msg ::) ..

Submit and forget dude 8) ...

Aaisha09

Apr 27, 2017
I was reading that Ontario province requires additional $1500 so that's probably for provincial nomination or somethin ..still understanding the process. Sorry if I sound silly

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aaisha09 said:
I was reading that Ontario province requires additional $1500 so that's probably for provincial nomination or somethin ..still understanding the process. Sorry if I sound silly
Yes the 1500$ is for applying OINP.

M.Gouda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
HolyzKyo said:
Hello. I'm new to this forum. Recently, I have made a profile for myself for the Express Entry. Though when I tried to calculate my point, there was a question I didn't know how to answer.

had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)

I have been here since I was 16. I spent 3 years at a secondary school in Canada (6 semesters, 2 of which were ESL) and I earned an OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma)
After I graduated from high school, I went to college. I did a 2-year course and also graduated.

Would I be considered 2 diplomas? Should I choose "Two-year program at a university, college...." or "Two or more certificates, degrees or diplomas. One must be for a program of 3 years"?

I think you should post that in a separate topic or section of the forum..

Confused_oldman

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HolyzKyo said:

You have a 2 year degree. The ones from high school do not count towards this.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Not being a spoil-sport or anything but trying to be just reasonable here.
What if in the next draw, the cut-off is increased again..say 430 or more!
I know most of us are hoping it to be well under 420 for May 3rd but opposite could happen too.

Is there any logical explanation to deduce that CRS cut-off will further decrease in coming weeks?