Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xibalban said:
Did you expect Canada to be Utopia? I have a similar profile, and yes, from India. I wish to quit, because I know I'd be glad to drive a tractor in Canada than wipe the **ses of the corrupt heads of the establishments back here. No job is "low job", for me the "high profile government job" that I currently have is way too "lower" than a cleaning job in a dignified country.
Just an off topic question. Aren't you from Nepal bud? I am from Nepal, can't wait to leave this corrupt place and politicians. They are just sin for the nation.

X

xibalban

I'm a Nepali, but a citizen of India. The Nepal Flag (profile image) signifies that I'm by soul a Nepalese, although I'm patriotic toward India. I'm in a well established job, but don't seem to like adapting to the system which inherently compels us all to be corrupt. I tried hard to change the system (yes, I did), but eventually understood why most people quit and rather choose to leave the country for good. It's a hopeless democracy full of intolerant leaders.

jasontan

Feb 26, 2017
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverick28 said:
Well I am sorry to hear about your low thinking. This mentality that one job is superior than other and especially the word "labor jobs" will not take you anywhere. You should learn to respect every job and people doing those jobs. If you are good at what you do, you should not have any issues getting a decent earning job. The "discrimination" you might be facing must be due to your behavior and mentality.

You were a senior professional and an IIM alumni then what is stopping you from starting your own business there? Don't spread negativity in the forum by saying all these BS. Everyone is aware of the fact that once you move to Canada, you will have to struggle a bit in the beginning. And if you are so much troubled there, you are free to come back to India anytime you want. Don't give excuses that you have burnt all the bridges.
Could'nt agree more :)

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
how is the refresh party doing today? are we expecting a draw? good luck everyone

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
DuchessofCardiff said:
Hello Tiwalope, why don't you give IELTS another try?
Hello! For a CLB 10, I thought IETLS scores have to be L:8, R:8, W: 7.5 and S: 7.5.

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
Confused_oldman said:
Clb10 - L:8.5, R:8, W: 7.5 and S: 7.5.
thanks for the correction :) I am not expecting a draw today. I will check CIC website tomorrow morning if they had a rounds of invitation! good luck all :)

Dubai to Canada

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Dubai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2016
Doc's Request.
12-04-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Can we update personal details after we receive ITA?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Dubai to Canada said:
Can we update personal details after we receive ITA?
As long as they do not change your CRS and even if they do, if your CRS is above the cut-off for that draw, you can make changes in your profile. If it's a major change, do mention about it in the LOE.

Good luck!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
KingKurly said:
I don't know my friend. My reading and writing went to all time low. Its unbelievably demoralizing. My Nov test i scored 7 in listening so i focused a lot more in Listening. Ignored Reading completely before test, did writing practice enough i think. But i guess i wrote with a poor quality pencil and because of that it must have got messy and rubbed by itself. 5.5 in writing does not do any justice. Its been a poor day, i need some motivation and give up fags lol

March 4 test result L:8, R:5, W:5.5 and S:8.5 Can you imagine the difference. Could be the all time high when it comes to difference between bands lol
This is the most common mistake people make while re-appearing for IELTS. You should never ignore any section during your practice. Pay more attention to the section where you need to improve but keep practicing the other sections too. Give it another try!

Good luck!

Dubai to Canada

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Dubai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2016
Doc's Request.
12-04-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Maverick28 said:
As long as they do not change your CRS and even if they do, if your CRS is above the cut-off for that draw, you can make changes in your profile. If it's a major change, do mention about it in the LOE.

Good luck!
Thanks for the response. :)
Its related to name ... my first name is included in the last name box also .. i wanted to remove it bt then if there is a draw today i ill nt be eligible..

Confused_oldman

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dubai to Canada said:
Thanks for the response. :)
Its related to name ... my first name is included in the last name box also .. i wanted to remove it bt then if there is a draw today i ill nt be eligible..
Go ahead and change it. Why do you want to complicate Post-ITA procedures by inviting more queries?
Anyway I don't think there will be a draw today. There could be but looks very unlikely.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverick28 said:
This is the most common mistake people make while re-appearing for IELTS. You should never ignore any section during your practice. Pay more attention to the section where you need to improve but keep practicing the other sections too. Give it another try!

Good luck!
Thank you for your kind words Maverick. Appreciate it very much. I can understand the writing being low because i was so stupid to write with a pencil, that too was a low quality. I could have got rubbed with all the abuse of paper getting friction. But what i cannot grasp is the band 5 for Reading. 7 for reading should be walk in the park, not being over confident at all because my i trust my level of English to at least get 7. Now i am having second thoughts for ignoring Reading for sure. I hope this will not lead me into IELTS phobia in future. I was learning French for crying out loud and finished level 4 not so long ago. Now this recent score has struck me bad, real bad. But i have to snap off and get back on track. Again, thanks so much for your good words :)