3 in January
2 in February
2 in March
Nice stat. Anything which keeps hopes up. Way to go brother

Pushpaacna

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
kryt0n said:
I think a lot of the rejected profiles come from lawyers testing the system as well, rather then genuine applicants getting rejected. Although ircc try hard to prevent this unfortunately it means that the ita score cut off is higher to account for the 'fake' profiles. Ugh.

My thought was also in that line. However, I was wondering what duplicate/fake ones entered for IELTS TRF no/ECA ref no/Passport no in their EE profile? Did they use duplicate/fake ref nos as well?

heynow

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
johnmunch said:
I fully agree with you. But people I think interpret "worthy" literally. This is not my intention. I'm just saying canada will take people with higher scores relative to lower ones. I remember the guy with 186. And that proves my point. Pnp's are a gold mine for provinces. So ircc will not want to drop scores too much and will take its migrants from the pool of highly skilled applicants ie with 400+ points.
Ontario's quota for last year was 5500, assuming they have issued 2x NIOs.. that makes its $16.5M in revenue for them...for the state which is projecting a revenue of $137 Billions for this year..the revenue from Nominee program doesn't look like gold mine... literally or figuratively..

My point: This is not about making money/profit for them.. for ONIP 400 remains a qualification level, beyond that its everyones game...and lets be realistic here there is a demand and supply situation so many people will not get NOI regardless of their points..

Revenue Projection Source: Ministry of Finance Ontario..

nlhugh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Pushpaacna said:
My thought was also in that line. However, I was wondering what duplicate/fake ones entered for IELTS TRF no/ECA ref no/Passport no in their EE profile? Did they use duplicate/fake ref nos as well?
You can use dummy ref no. EE won't validate them at ITA rounds.
I created my EE profile last year before I got my ECA result, and I used dummy ref no. for it.
In Dec, when my ECA result arrived, I proceeded to submit the EE profile, & enter the pool, but forgot to update the real ECA. I still managed to get invited anyway.
After that, I had no choice but to decline the ITA when I figured out the mistake.

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
With English as a second language for most people here, assume all words are taken literally.
And what's the purpose of putting words in quotation marks?

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pawshi said:
But John, provinces can still select and make money (big time) with all 200 and 300+ CRS. Do you think, they make more money with 400+ people?
No I don't think that. But again it's about the perceived "quality" of prospective migrants. Yes there were changes to the scores last year when lmia no longer attracting 600 points, and yes ircc wanted scores to drop. But what do you think or who do you think constitute their target "population" for migration? It is about playing the game between people who don't need nominations or job offers to get ita and others who are also skilled but more borderline when it comes to crs.

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heynow said:
Ontario's quota for last year was 5500, assuming they have issued 2x NIOs.. that makes its $16.5M in revenue for them...for the state which is projecting a revenue of $137 Billions for this year..the revenue from Nominee program doesn't look like gold mine... literally or figuratively..

My point: This is not about making money/profit for them.. for ONIP 400 remains a qualification level, beyond that its everyones game...and lets be realistic here there is a demand and supply situation so many people will not get NOI regardless of their points..

Revenue Projection Source: Ministry of Finance Ontario..
In the grand scheme of things of course 16 million dollars don't sound gigantic, bear in mind however that those people who do receive nominations are sought by provinces because they bring with them skills they need. But also why decrease ita scores when they could be getting the skills that want plus people paying top dollar for a nomination, If only for the pnp to be self-sufficient financially. Migrants get access to support and resources through federal funding, and possibly provincial as well. If the financial incentive isn't the or at least one of the reasons for pnp, why then do such programs exist? Why not just reduce the cutoff and return to a first come first served basis? As I explained before the distribution of prospective migrants has to be positively skewed.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
johnmunch said:
And what's the purpose of putting words in quotation marks?
A native speaker may understand the purpose of those better. I'm just saying from experience lots of people here aren't as familiar with context. It was advice, no need to get defensive.

heynow

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
johnmunch said:
In the grand scheme of things of course 16 million dollars don't sound gigantic, bear in mind however that those people who do receive nominations are sought by provinces because they bring with them skills they need. But also why decrease ita scores when they could be getting the skills that want plus people paying top dollar for a nomination, If only for the pnp to be self-sufficient financially. Migrants get access to support and resources through federal funding, and possibly provincial as well. If the financial incentive isn't the or at least one of the reasons for pnp, why then do such programs exist? Why not just reduce the cutoff and return to a first come first served basis? As I explained before the distribution of prospective migrants has to be positively skewed.
Someone's score doesnt reflect his/her financial position... otherwise it will also be part of the points Matrix..the money they/ONIP takes is too small for kind of federal/provisional support.. after doing extensive multi country background check per application(including family members)..how much do you think is left for any kind of support anyway?
They don't need to reduce the cutoff because they have enough application above cut off.. with more demand and less supply they are able to select whoever they want.. and this years ONIP NOIs looks like a random selection... people with same NOC and profile with more CSR didn't get NOIs...

BTW they do have their buy-your-way-to-PR program where you have to pay 800k..IMO thats the gold mine..

nipuns1

Star Member
Nov 8, 2012
canada
Visa Office......
ottawa
I do see the CRS dropping but I have no idea how low it will go, I think it will stabilize around 435 +/- 5 points

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
A native speaker may understand the purpose of those better. I'm just saying from experience lots of people here aren't as familiar with context. It was advice, no need to get defensive.
Lol asking a question means getting defensive now? I'm really getting tired if you assigning a tone and an attitude to my words. So from now either refrain from jumping to conclusions or at least verify whether your assumptions are accurate.