Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
Jemin said:
Hey i have a query. I am at 432 and will submit my spouse documents for ECA early next week. Her ECA evaluation should add 8 more points taking me to 440. My concern is that ECA may take some time and i might not have the ECA evaluation before April 5th (assuming that's the day for the next draw). Can i update myEE profile and claim her points before receiving the ECA report. By doing that, i may be able to qualify and have her ECA report in time for document submission. Please advise?
You cant claim points until the ECA is offcially done.
You need the IMM # to be entered when you say ECA done.

Sralf

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MattyTj said:
Yes the 23 days let a lot of people join. A bunch of PNPs went out too. The good news is I doubt the gap will be 23 days again (I think April 5th) and no IELTS results coming out between now and April 5th :). Points will decrease again! Stay positive!
Sigh! I am planning to take IELTS for second try, u got an amazing IELTS score! Can you share some tips on writing? I got L8R8S7.5W6, if i can increase writing band to 6.5 my score will bump to 445

Sralf

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Srushti said:
1. Scores kept coming down.
2. This attracts more people to make their EE across the globe
3. 3 weeks is a lot of time for EE applications to file in
4. 50% of the EE applications lie between 400-450
5. Hence, the CRS cut-off went up which was expected
6. With this draw all applicatns above 441 have been cleared
7. If the next draw happens within 2 weeks, for sure the CRS cutoff will drop by 12-15 points. My prediction.
I second all except point 7, to me I think 12-15 points are a bit too optimistic but anyway I have to wait for another month. Congratz on the ITA btw!

prvisit

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Srushti said:
You cant claim points until the ECA is offcially done.
You need the IMM # to be entered when you say ECA done.
I am also in the same stage. Applying my wife ECA today. But it takes 30-40 days get ECA report. Meantime can I go ahead with some dummy number? If i get ITA, anyways I will have 90 days. By that time, I will get her ECA#. I know it is not suggestible. But i need advise.

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
Sralf said:
I second all except point 7, to me I think 12-15 points are a bit too optimistic but anyway I have to wait for another month. Congratz on the ITA btw!
Thanks mate... being optimistic and spreading optimism is the only ray of hope in this thread ! :)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
prvisit said:
I am also in the same stage. Applying my wife ECA today. But it takes 30-40 days get ECA report. Meantime can I go ahead with some dummy number? If i get ITA, anyways I will have 90 days. By that time, I will get her ECA#. I know it is not suggestible. But i need advise.
No. This is misrepresentation. You have to have the correct ECA at the time of ITA.

nthom

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sralf said:
Sigh! I am planning to take IELTS for second try, u got an amazing IELTS score! Can you share some tips on writing? I got L8R8S7.5W6, if i can increase writing band to 6.5 my score will bump to 445
Can you write samples and post it on English forums for critique? Have you tried taking an official course? Maybe someone can tell you where exactly your weakness is. For instance you could write like a champion but misplace your comma's.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sralf said:
I used online website to help. Full disclosure English is my first language. Ieltsbuddy.com has a great section on how to format your writing task 2. I used its advice and it worked well for me! Best of luck to you!

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
2 weeks gap and the scores will surely drop. A 3 week interval and very little chance of score dropping.

Having said all that, I want to be wrong and hopefully it'll drop by at least 7 points

Manylivesmanymasters

Jan 25, 2017
Chennnai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-17
Congrats everyone who got the ITA..N this is were I give up. If CIC continues this pattern, I think I would lose 5 points for age and would be at 425 by the time the score reaches 430 in May..

prvisit

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
No. This is misrepresentation. You have to have the correct ECA at the time of ITA.
Yes I know. But for instance, if I have her ECA report by now and if I really enter the wrong ECA# in the profile, and If I get ITA, I will have the chance to correct it before submitting the documents right as It wont affect the points.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
The date on your ECA report cannot be after your ITA. An ECA (unless educated in Canada) is required before applying and saying you have one when you truly do not is misrepresentation. You can always roll the dice and hope you aren't caught, but is a possible 5 year ban worth that risk?

I wish you the best of luck! A lot of us are in a holding pattern waiting for our number to be called. :)

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Manylivesmanymasters said:
Congrats everyone who got the ITA..N this is were I give up. If CIC continues this pattern, I think I would lose 5 points for age and would be at 425 by the time the score reaches 430 in May..
Don't give up. Work to increase your points cause that's what you can control... ;)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
prvisit said:
Yes I know. But for instance, if I have her ECA report by now and if I really enter the wrong ECA# in the profile, and If I get ITA, I will have the chance to correct it before submitting the documents right as It wont affect the points.
If you mistype her certificate number by one digit you might be able to justify it, but more than that CIC will see through it. Plus the date of issue will be post ita.

Sralf

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nthom said:
Can you write samples and post it on English forums for critique? Have you tried taking an official course? Maybe someone can tell you where exactly your weakness is. For instance you could write like a champion but misplace your comma's.
Thanks for the remainder! As an international student who has been in Canada for almost 7 years and took IELTS(Academic) 8 years ago before I came here to study, I do not want to waste even 1 cent on the IELTS Prep course anymore. This is because I went to some of their free sessions and found out they are just exploiting your pocket! Thanks for your advice this may be too late to know since my IELTS exam is tmr. I only pray for a 6.5 in Writing :) :) :)