+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 58th draw?

benzboksas

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
nthom said:
I know I am sounding like a whiny baby, but I guess being 36 years old is a dilemma as I have lost a whole 40 points (my current crs points are 437). I get the focus on age, because the older you are the less number of years you have to contribute to the economy. But, here is another way to look at it. I am 36, with a 14 year career, which means that I will enter the market with presumable more skills, more experience and a higher salary - which means higher taxes. I also have more money saved up, and is far better off stability wise than say 10 years ago...Yet my age is used as a disadvantage...I could understand if I am five years away from retirement...sucks so badly...ok end of whining.... ;D ;D ;D
I agree with you so much. I'm like you only one year older. I'm 37 with 431. Looking back 10 years I would have brought way less value to Canada than now. Very unwise, indeed. :(

prvisit

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Srushti said:
April 4th : CRS 427 : 3950 ITAs
How will it be on 4th. Its Tuesday. Usually draw happens on Wednesdays or Fridays. So expect the draw on 5th.

nthom

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a spreadsheet with all the draws....the way it looks is scores go up and down consistently...Of course all those scores are higher than they are now, but that was before they made changes to the points for job offers. The fact that it was 434 and now moved to 441 doesn't mean it will never come down....It will certainly fluctuate based on who is in the pool at each draw..

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
nthom said:
Yeah, how are you able to score 480 then??? I have maxed the IELTS scores getting CLB 10 in all areas. I have a Masters degree (well two but it doesn't matter)....I have maxed out the experience. How are you able to score 480??? I have a spouse non-accompanying but that shouldn't matter right? Once he is non-accompanying I don't lose any points.
Ah... I have a post-grad in Canada and 12 months of Canadian work experience. That might be it.

Sralf

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anxiously waiting to get in da pool in late April/early May@439 and I was expecting a drop/(at least levelled CRS) in trend. What do you guys think are the possible reasons for the increase in score? Is it just the long duration between the draws or PNP creates some effect as well? :( :( :(

manvir.singh.parmar

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG....3700+ people with 441and above score..
Being at 427, my hopes have been badly shattered...

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sralf said:
Anxiously waiting to get in da pool in late April/early May@439 and I was expecting a drop/(at least levelled CRS) in trend. What do you guys think are the possible reasons for the increase in score? Is it just the long duration between the draws or PNP creates some effect as well? :( :( :(
Yes the 23 days let a lot of people join. A bunch of PNPs went out too. The good news is I doubt the gap will be 23 days again (I think April 5th) and no IELTS results coming out between now and April 5th :). Points will decrease again! Stay positive!

prvisit

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also disappointed a lot. I am not expecting any drop in next draws. It may comedown 3 or 4 points. Mostly it may fluctuate between 440-460.

tj4canada

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
I'm wondering if it has something to do with the percentage of provincial nominations in the draw. People already in the pool who suddenly move from 400 to 1000. Is there any place that breaks down the percentage of each type of nomination in each draw?

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
Sralf said:
1. Scores kept coming down.
2. This attracts more people to make their EE across the globe
3. 3 weeks is a lot of time for EE applications to file in
4. 50% of the EE applications lie between 400-450
5. Hence, the CRS cut-off went up which was expected
6. With this draw all applicatns above 441 have been cleared
7. If the next draw happens within 2 weeks, for sure the CRS cutoff will drop by 12-15 points. My prediction.

Jemin

Mar 19, 2017
Hey i have a query. I am at 432 and will submit my spouse documents for ECA early next week. Her ECA evaluation should add 8 more points taking me to 440. My concern is that ECA may take some time and i might not have the ECA evaluation before April 5th (assuming that's the day for the next draw). Can i update myEE profile and claim her points before receiving the ECA report. By doing that, i may be able to qualify and have her ECA report in time for document submission. Please advise?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Jemin said:
Hey i have a query. I am at 432 and will submit my spouse documents for ECA early next week. Her ECA evaluation should add 8 more points taking me to 440. My concern is that ECA may take some time and i might not have the ECA evaluation before April 5th (assuming that's the day for the next draw). Can i update myEE profile and claim her points before receiving the ECA report. By doing that, i may be able to qualify and have her ECA report in time for document submission. Please advise?
No. That would be misrepresentation. You have to wait.