+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 58th draw?

akay07

Mar 19, 2017
guys does anyone knows how much time WES is taking these days...my status changed to review in progress yesterday. I will be on CRS 440 but post 1st week May will be down to 434 due to Age.
Time is running out...

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
akay07 said:
guys does anyone knows how much time WES is taking these days...my status changed to review in progress yesterday. I will be on CRS 440 but post 1st week May will be down to 434 due to Age.
Time is running out...
I believe it's 20 working days after they receive all your documents.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akay07 said:
Time is running out...
It took them a full month to do mine. Sounds like it will be close for you! Maybe you will get yours done a little before that. My gut says there will be draws on April 5 and 19 and May 3. Make sure your profile is not submitted until you get your ECA. An ECA dated after an ITA can lead to refusal. Best of luck! :)

ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
kutt4n said:
I guess Ontario would start sending out NOIs sooner than later. I'm hopeful.
How does Ontario Nomination work? It's the province I am aiming to go for, but from what I understand they cherry pick as per their own wish from the list of those with CRS 400 upwards? Or do they send nomination to everyone who meets a certain criteria?

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
MattyTj said:
It took them a full month to do mine. Sounds like it will be close for you! Maybe you will get yours done a little before that. My gut says there will be draws on April 5 and 19 and May 3. Make sure your profile is not submitted until you get your ECA. An ECA dated after an ITA can lead to refusal. Best of luck! :)
Yes. lately so many ppl seem to be using fake ECA dates and hurting their chances as well as others'. Like the age-old saying goes, better late than..

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
akay07 said:
Time is running out...
From recent posts about the WES timelines, it looks like they have picked up some pace now. Your status will change to "Evaluation in progress" soon and then within 2-3 weeks or may be earlier, you can expect your report.

Iampositive

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
Guys i need your guidance in one thing. I am currently sitting at 429, but i have selected none or less then secondary education option for my wife's education, because her eca is pending. But question is can i select secondary diploma (high school graduation) as her education credential because this gives me 2 additonal points taking my score to 431. And do i need to get a ECA for secondary diploma to?
Please help me with this doubt, awaiting responses.

eeprofilehelp

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Category........
CEC
Iampositive said:
Guys i need your guidance in one thing. I am currently sitting at 429, but i have selected none or less then secondary education option for my wife's education, because her eca is pending. But question is can i select secondary diploma (high school graduation) as her education credential because this gives me 2 additonal points taking my score to 431. And do i need to get a ECA for secondary diploma to?
If you are claiming points for education then you should have ECA before you receive your ITA. Once you have your ITA you cannot make changes to your profile and it may lead to false information provided and your application could be rejected.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
ParulB said:
How does Ontario Nomination work? It's the province I am aiming to go for, but from what I understand they cherry pick as per their own wish from the list of those with CRS 400 upwards? Or do they send nomination to everyone who meets a certain criteria?
They pick you from the pool. I think one of the factor is your NOC. Going through PNP will increase your application time and cost you extra money. You have a good CRS score and can expect an ITA directly. So why worry about nomination?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Iampositive said:
Just wait for her ECA to complete and once you get the report, update your profile.

ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
Maverick28 said:
They pick you from the pool. I think one of the factor is your NOC. Going through PNP will increase your application time and cost you extra money. You have a good CRS score and can expect an ITA directly. So why worry about nomination?
Just paranoid I guess. :p My score will revise to 435 in May.

Iampositive

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
Thanks Maverik, but my question is can I claim two extra points by selecting secondary diploma rather than none