+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 58th draw?

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pawshi said:
I feel five draws by May end. There would be one back to back draw. Also, after the changes there would be errors. So like last time, they didnt do any draw from November 16, 2016 to December 16, 2016. So for almost a month, there were no draws.
That makes so much sense that the Nov 30 draw was only PNP people! Good analysis Pawshi! :)

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Pawshi said:
Below improvements to express entry system are effective from 6th June 2017:

15 additional points will be awarded for CLB 7 & CLB 4 or lower in all four language abilities of French (TEF) & English (IELTS) test results respectively.

30 additional points will be awarded for CLB 7 & CLB 5 or lower in all four language abilities of French (TEF) & English (IELTS) exam results respectively.

Candidates with siblings in the Canada will get 15 extra points. To get these points, candidates will need to show that the sibling is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is living in the Canada and is 18 years of age or older. Sibling in Canada must share a mother or father with the principal express entry applicant or their spouse. This relationship can be through blood, marriage or adoption.

Job bank registration becomes voluntary for all candidates. Applicants who meet the minimum entry criteria for express entry will be automatically placed into the pool and immediately eligible for invitation rounds.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/03/express_entry_improvementsspring2017.html
Wow....So though I might not be eligible to get any of those extra points because I have no sibling in Canada and I have never given a French Exam.

But does it means that the cut off is bound to go down again. I hope I get an ITA soon @ 431

rahulbiotech

Oct 8, 2015
Quick question: Do you think I should give my IELTS score for reassessment? I lost 45 points because I got a 6.5 in writing (very sure I erased like crazy and rewrote). Also, its been 4 years since I wrote like an essay on paper. I was expecting minimum 7 in all but, my writing score ended up being 6.5. Feeling distraught not disheartened.

gilljiw

Mar 2, 2017
according to new rule, Can i get 15 points for siblings in canada because my grandmother she is in canada. Please advice

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TEF French for CBL 7 is on European scale upper B2. So you should be able to speak in all common situations. Listen and understand movies or radio. Read newspapers and being able for fill in applications or write a letter if needed.
Depending how good learner you are, you will need 1 to 3 years to get there.

And yes, truth is, that there is only small amount of French speakers in the EE as such. Best example is the Ontario French stream (asking for CBL 7 in French and CBL 6 in English). This one was never closed and was sending out new NOI all the time. And Ontario is one of those most popular provinces. That alone shows you just how small minority bilinguals are.

The most reasonable part is with that jobbank. That means that they understand, that jobbank is an utter failure.

Siblings got very moderate bump, also this has only sense, if the applicant wants to settle down in same province or area where the sibling lives. But I guess that they will check and see how does that work.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
vensak said:
The most reasonable part is with that jobbank. That means that they understand, that jobbank is an utter failure.
Exactly! Its good that they are keeping an eye on the system and working towards making it better.

nthom

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gilljiw said:
according to new rule, Can i get 15 points for siblings in canada because my grandmother she is in canada. Please advice
Sibling means sister or brother...unless your grandmother is also your sister then no :p

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Tamie_British said:
@431 and considering that I may need to learn French :(
Me too. The good thing about the French test is that except for the Speaking section, everything else is multiple choice. (This is what I've come to learn about the test, I've never actually taken it and never seen an actual sample yet)

I feel it will be easier that IELTS if one has decent conversational skills in French.

If anyone else has more info on the TEF exam. Please let me know.

Bonne Journee :D!!!!

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
vensak said:
TEF French for CBL 7 is on European scale upper B2. So you should be able to speak in all common situations. Listen and understand movies or radio. Read newspapers and being able for fill in applications or write a letter if needed.
Depending how good learner you are, you will need 1 to 3 years to get there.

And yes, truth is, that there is only small amount of French speakers in the EE as such. Best example is the Ontario French stream (asking for CBL 7 in French and CBL 6 in English). This one was never closed and was sending out new NOI all the time. And Ontario is one of those most popular provinces. That alone shows you just how small minority bilinguals are.

Siblings got very moderate bump, also this has only sense, if the applicant wants to settle down in same province or area where the sibling lives. But I guess that they will check and see how does that work.
So vensak according to you these new changes will not have much affect on the score going up. May be it will go up for 1 or 2 draws but after these changes will not affect much?