+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RAY of HOPE 56th Draw (Predictions)

hopesarehigh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnmunch said:
Is there Any indication that scores will reach above 470 in the next draw (like new rules, etc)?
No negativity accepted in Ray of Hope ;D

If they keep it above 470 and very few pnp nominations are given it would hardly be 500 ITAs looking at the trend. Unless there is a technical glitch in the system or some other unexpected reason I dont see scores going up in atleast 2-3 draws more. CIC must be under pressure to meet their 2017 target as they couldn't do it in 2016. Current scenario is well in place to reach 420.

NextInLine

Feb 22, 2017
Hello all. I'm new here, but I have been following the threads with eagle-like precision. Congrats to all those who made it through the gate already. I'm at 439 points, so I'm hoping that I will be Next In Line with the next draw. Good luck to everyone here, keep hope alive, and the positivity and optimism make the wait much easier. My prediction is for 436 points for the next draw. All the best!

dynamite38

Jul 9, 2016
Hi,

Congratulations to those who already made it. I found this forum to be very useful with loads of knowledge and informative updates, and I hope you could answer my queries.

My wife is a Primary Applicant in Express Entry System, and her profile was created on 17-Sep-2016 with CRS 440. I have contributed 20 points to her CRS through IELTS under Spouse Language Proficiency factor. However, my IELTS score got expired recently as the exam date was 07-Feb-2015.

To my surprise, her profile (Application Status - Open) still shows her CRS as 440 though my IELTS got expired. I have already booked the test slot for 04-Mar-2017 to give IELTS again and keep the score active.

Now, here are my questions...

1) Is it a bug that the CRS of my wife's profile didn't update by removing the points attained through Spouse's IELTS? or it doesn't refresh for Spouse Language scores?
2) If the CRS on my wife's profile remains to be 440, and the minimum CRS requirement for the next draw (i.e. 8-Mar-17 supposedly) goes below 440 which is very likely...do we get an ITA? If yes, does the ITA still hold good as my IELTS was already expired?
3) In case we get an ITA, can I use a letter of explaination to show my new IELTS score (hopefully retain CLB9) to be given on 04-Mar-17 in the post ITA documentation stage?
4) In general...does the IELTS score have to be valid and current even during post ITA stage i.e. after receiving ITA?

Appreciate if any of you could help answer these queries.

tahiryusaf

Jan 29, 2017
Going by the general trend its dropping 6 points every draw, i am hoping it drops to 435 (wishful thinking :p) with 3500+ ITAs. Off course there are more people in the 430 - 440 range, therefore it might drop less though.

Sitting at 435 and hoping to get in the next draw.

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A preview of the current CRS scores and corresponding number of ITAs given since the CRS score cutoff fall below 500

I noticed that the number of ITAs given starts to slow down. What do you think?

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
thejkhan said:
If you apply without wife you will never be able to sponsor her.
Why can't he never sponsor his wife? what is that supposed to mean?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
thejkhan said:
If you apply without wife you will never be able to sponsor her.
He will be able to sponsor her ofcourse but it's maybe safer/quicker to go together now the scores are diving!

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
dynamite38 said:
Hi,

Congratulations to those who already made it. I found this forum to be very useful with loads of knowledge and informative updates, and I hope you could answer my queries.

My wife is a Primary Applicant in Express Entry System, and her profile was created on 17-Sep-2016 with CRS 440. I have contributed 20 points to her CRS through IELTS under Spouse Language Proficiency factor. However, my IELTS score got expired recently as the exam date was 07-Feb-2015.

To my surprise, her profile (Application Status - Open) still shows her CRS as 440 though my IELTS got expired. I have already booked the test slot for 04-Mar-2017 to give IELTS again and keep the score active.

1) Is it a bug that the CRS of my wife's profile didn't update by removing the points attained through Spouse's IELTS? or it doesn't refresh for Spouse Language scores?
2) If the CRS on my wife's profile remains to be 440, and the minimum CRS requirement for the next draw (i.e. 8-Mar-17 supposedly) goes below 440 which is very likely...do we get an ITA? If yes, does the ITA still hold good as my IELTS was already expired?
3) In case we get an ITA, can I use a letter of explaination to show my new IELTS score (hopefully retain CLB9) to be given on 04-Mar-17 in the post ITA documentation stage?
4) In general...does the IELTS score have to be valid and current even during post ITA stage i.e. after receiving ITA?

You have to update changes in the application when it has an impact on your points in a positive or negative way. The system does not do it on its own. So exam scores if they have expired clearly need to be removed till you have the exam result with your TRF number.

I don't think you can use any explanations coz you clearly need to have a valid/Current test score at the time you receive an ITA. Post that it does not matter

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wan11knu said:
You have to update changes in the application when it has an impact on your points in a positive or negative way. The system does not do it on its own. So exam scores if they have expired clearly need to be removed till you have the exam result with your TRF number.

I don't think you can use any explanations coz you clearly need to have a valid/Current test score at the time you receive an ITA. Post that it does not matter
correction - IELTS score needs to be valid till the time you receive AOR - ie till the time you submit the application for ITA..

upon ITA profile freezes however scores have to be valid till you submit your eapr

good luck

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
dynamite38 said:
Hi,

1. Not a bug, You have to update it.
2. No, expired IELTS means rejection if you accept ITA.
3. No
4. IELTS must be valid at least until AOR. If it expires between ITA and AOR you must take a new test and submit those scores.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
astralsource said:
4. IELTS must be valid at least until AOR. If it expires between ITA and AOR you must take a new test and submit those scores.
how long does it ususally take from the submission of eAPR till AOR?
started worrying about my ielts ::)

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
pacificislander said:
I noticed that the number of ITAs given starts to slow down. What do you think?
I dont think its relevant because they had to stop somewhere (now it was 441) so the overall number of ITA's here depends on how many people were sitting at which point. They probably planned approximate number of ITA's for each draw.. and it's around 3500 now.. Just a coincidence, its still a huge number following the trend.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Lailina said:
how long does it ususally take from the submission of eAPR till AOR?
started worrying about my ielts ::)
Maybe a few weeks...?? If you take it now it will be valid for 2 years so no need to worry. The important thing in your case is not to accept ITA now and update profile with the new result.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
astralsource said:
Maybe a few weeks...?? If you take it now it will be valid for 2 years so no need to worry. The important thing in your case is not to accept ITA now and update profile with the new result.
how about this?
Note: Your test results must be valid (less than two years old) when you complete your Express Entry profile, and when you apply for permanent residence.

my understanding was that it means IELTS is valid till the date you submit all your documents. and then it freezes...
I`ve registered for the new test but not sure i can max it this time. So I was hoping to use my current results if/when invited in March (IELTS expires in the middle of April)...

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lailina said:
how about this?
Note: Your test results must be valid (less than two years old) when you complete your Express Entry profile, and when you apply for permanent residence.

my understanding was that it means IELTS is valid till the date you submit all your documents. and then it freezes...
I`ve registered for the new test but not sure i can max it this time. So I was hoping to use my current results if/when invited in March (IELTS expires in the middle of April)...
You can make it lailina. You already did it once, so why not this time? The most important thing is that you still have time to update your IELTS score. It's a risk to get a lower IELTS score but its a bigger risk to have an expired IELTS score before eAPR. I'm sure you still have time if not this ITA, then the next one. ;) ;) ;)