DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elm662 said:
Hi guys,
Surprisingly I received ITA.
My points were updated recently because of my Canadian work experience.
This is while I think it should not be updated because :

1- I have about 6 months Canadian work experience in noc 4012 (average 10 hours per week)
2- I have about 10 months Canadian work experience in noc 4031 (average 30 hours per week)
My total hours become 1560 only if I count the first job! This is while first job is not even considered as part time because it is less than 15 hours/week and in a different noc code! My question is that should I trust EE, is it intelligent enough to calculate points exactly as they are acceptable by CIC officers?

Please note that I am also eligible for FSW based on my work experience in my country.

Please advice, should I trust Express Entry and continue application or Should I decline?

Thanks
The bolded part is incorrect, part-time can be less or more than 15 hours per week.

You are responsible to make sure the points you've received are correct.

wlj0918

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Well a medical is valid for 12 months, however it has to be valid when you land. So as the ee is supposed to take 6 months, general rule is 6 months before you apply.

If your ee processing takes more than 12 months, you'll have to get a new medical before you land.
Hey your score increased! Good luck on the next draw!

YousefNaser

Dec 17, 2016
i have a question
I have already asked my employers for the work experience certificates, and they already provided those to me, but the certificates don't show the amount of hours i worked per week nor the job duties.

What should I do here ?

Maybe ask for new ones (pretty hard to entail the structure of the certificates on employers)

Please help

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YousefNaser said:
i have a question
I have already asked my employers for the work experience certificates, and they already provided those to me, but the certificates don't show the amount of hours i worked per week nor the job duties.

What should I do here ?

Maybe ask for new ones (pretty hard to entail the structure of the certificates on employers)

Please help
You need new ones following CIC guidelines.

azaadpanchee

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
I too am partial towards CEC over other streams.

CEC makes sense economically (students have contributed towards the Canadian economy through tuition fees which are typically 3x as much as a PR or Canadian would pay and these fees were not subsidised by the local government, through goods and services consumed while living in Canada, and taxes while working in Canada). CEC is also probably prone to abuse though with people coming to Canada to get bogus degrees for the purposes of immigration, but I think there are enough checks and balances in place to limit this. The 15-30 points that are given to students who studied here I think is fair and ensures that candidates still need to get other aspects of the CRS system right to get an ITA.

Besides this, there is also a social or societal aspect (cannot think of a better word - hence I only got a 7 in the IELTS Writing section) .
In my case, for example, I have been in Canada since January, 2009. After all this time, I have integrated fairly well with the society and culture over here. I also have not had a history of criminal activities or shady dealings in what is soon to be almost 8 years. Therefore, from a risk/security standpoint I could be classified as low risk. While I am aware that past behaviour doesn't predict future behaviour 100%, it still makes a good base line. Now you may be thinking that this is where the PCC comes in, but perhaps the PCC could potentially be manipulated in some countries? Anyhow, Canada probably trusts its law and order system more than another country's. In today's day and age where there are constant threats from extremism, I am sure the government prefers people who have a proven track record here in Canada without any extremist leanings. Now, could I be brainwashed into becoming an idiot and doing idiotic things after getting my PR or even citizenship? Absolutely, but the chances are probably lower.

So for these reasons, I like the CEC better. However, I also agree that other streams play a vital role in attracting the best and brightest from other countries so I am definitely not of the opinion that only CEC must exist.

*Full disclosure*: I am CEC so conflict of interest? For what it's worth, I tried my best to be objective and non-partial but that's for you lot to decide. :p

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you guys for the inputs on medicals and PCC, I think we will wait for ita to get medicals done however we will start the process to get police clearance done as we need the same from 4 diff countr

dr.psr

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07/04/2017
Med's Done....
10/06/2017
LANDED..........
Maybe/ maybe not
azaadpanchee said:

CEC makes sense economically (students have contributed towards the Canadian economy through tuition fees which are typically 3x as much as a PR or Canadian would pay and these fees were not subsidised by the local government, through goods and services consumed while living in Canada, and taxes while working in Canada). CEC is also probably prone to abuse though with people coming to Canada to get bogus degrees for the purposes of immigration, but I think there are enough checks and balances in place to limit this. The 15-30 points that are given to students who studied here I think is fair and ensures that candidates still need to get other aspects of the CRS system right to get an ITA.

Besides this, there is also a social or societal aspect (cannot think of a better word - hence I only got a 7 in the IELTS Writing section) .
In my case, for example, I have been in Canada since January, 2009. After all this time, I have integrated fairly well with the society and culture over here. I also have not had a history of criminal activities or shady dealings in what is soon to be almost 8 years. Therefore, from a risk/security standpoint I could be classified as low risk. While I am aware that past behaviour doesn't predict future behaviour 100%, it still makes a good base line. Now you may be thinking that this is where the PCC comes in, but perhaps the PCC could potentially be manipulated in some countries? Anyhow, Canada probably trusts its law and order system more than another country's. In today's day and age where there are constant threats from extremism, I am sure the government prefers people who have a proven track record here in Canada without any extremist leanings. Now, could I be brainwashed into becoming an idiot and doing idiotic things after getting my PR or even citizenship? Absolutely, but the chances are probably lower.

So for these reasons, I like the CEC better. However, I also agree that other streams play a vital role in attracting the best and brightest from other countries so I am definitely not of the opinion that only CEC must exist.

*Full disclosure*: I am CEC so conflict of interest? For what it's worth, I tried my best to be objective and non-partial but that's for you lot to decide. :p

No u r right. I m fsw but if canada was my country i would love to have people who have already Integrated in my society and are proving economically usefull. To balance it out we need fresher perspective, fresher brains to bring in innovations in work cultures, science etc. So yes atm i am of view that ircc is balanced out. People complaining shd put themselves in shoes of ircc and then think. After spending decade in canada u r more Canadian than u r some other country's citizens.

India Can

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dr.psr said:
No u r right. I m fsw but if canada was my country i would love to have people who have already Integrated in my society and are proving economically usefull. To balance it out we need fresher perspective, fresher brains to bring in innovations in work cultures, science etc. So yes atm i am of view that ircc is balanced out. People complaining shd put themselves in shoes of ircc and then think. After spending decade in canada u r more Canadian than u r some other country's citiz
Both azaadpanchee and Dr prsr are logically correct and fair. But plz close this topic now and let's stress more on EE and crs

India Can

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azaadpanchee said:

What do u guys think , would a lot of new applicants,nominees,cec's,lmia's enter the pool during this week to disturb our hopeful predications???

Castillo

Nov 23, 2016
I think people are now having high hopes as CRS cutoff continues to edge closer to them. 24pages 2days post 50 th draw. This is great

dr.psr

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07/04/2017
Med's Done....
10/06/2017
LANDED..........
Maybe/ maybe not
Castillo said:
I think people are now having high hopes as CRS cutoff continues to edge closer to them. 24pages 2days post 50 th draw. This is great

True. This is going to be a long thread. I am praying nxt draw to ne kn 4th but a bit sceptic because of holidays. Whatever the timing just want them to issue 2000k ita on an average

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I think the next one will be around 470+. It might be 475 again to count for a longer gap over new year's, but then the draw after will be lower :)

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi guys,

Im not sure if there is any relevance but jan 2016 had 3 draws and the scores were 461,453,457 and this trend continued till feb and scores rised from march

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
Well, i was away from a forum since wednesday due to work and just saw the news of draw... to my surprise, its beyond everyone's expectations. I hope it falls to 460's soon..... ::) :)