+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 46th Draw

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KrispyKreamKonnoisseur said:
Absolutely no discrimination, but some of them know our situation and circumstance, that we need to find a job and need the company support to apply for PR. Like a native Canadian will never accept a $30k/year IT job, but a new international student with one or three-year PGWP will readily to accept it.
OK..to apply for PR. But if we immigrate on a PR then I think we should be treated same as a native Canadian. Thats ridiculous though that employees within the same company at same positions and work experience get paid differently.

vrlkacha

Jul 23, 2016
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So at what time exactly the draw happens? It must be at Ottawa's EST (Eastern Standard Time), right?

Varuvij

Oct 28, 2016
Dubai Uae
Category........
App. Filed.......
1-4-2016
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
8-2-2017
AOR Received.
27-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
450 and waiting since May! :'(

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is probably the longest ray of hope threads i have seen... very intersting conversations :)

@nikadh - dont give up just yet... be patient and have faith - something will come up :) meanwhile enjoy the formative months of your toddler... i'm sure he/she doesnt mind having the mommy full time taking care...

on a separate note : damn, $2300 a month for daycare ?? i should look at starting a daycare myself... :D

Chiptole

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:
this is probably the longest ray of hope threads i have seen... very intersting conversations :)

@nikadh - dont give up just yet... be patient and have faith - something will come up :) meanwhile enjoy the formative months of your toddler... i'm sure he/she doesnt mind having the mommy full time taking care...

on a separate note : damn, $2300 a month for daycare ?? i should look at starting a daycare myself... :D
Daycares are very profitable business in Canada....most of the child benefits go into daycares!

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vrlkacha said:
So at what time exactly the draw happens? It must be at Ottawa's EST (Eastern Standard Time), right?
yes.. around 10AM EST. It may vary, but its usually in the morning time.

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021
thestunner316 said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence.....I guess it is human nature...Back home in India where my company could always take me back I wanted to take care of my daughter and now that I am forced to....I want to get a job! But yes it is a plus point in all this negativity!

I have recently recieved an offer from my Indian company to work for the same American client I used to work for from India but in Montreal but my husband is on a closed work permit for a client in Toronto.....Still I am going ahead with the interview with the Montreal team....I guess when life throws lemons you have no choice but to make lemonade!! At least the day care in Montreal is 150 dollars only!!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nidakh said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence.....I guess it is human nature...Back home in India where my company could always take me back I wanted to take care of my daughter and now that I am forced to....I want to get a job! But yes it is a plus point in all this negativity!

I have recently recieved an offer from my Indian company to work for the same American client I used to work for from India but in Montreal but my husband is on a closed work permit for a client in Toronto.....Still I am going ahead with the interview with the Montreal team....I guess when life throws lemons you have no choice but to make lemonade!! At least the day care in Montreal is 150 dollars only!!
ha ha... well , thats how life is i guess.. :)
and no when life gives you lemons, you dont always have to make lemonade according to Dilbert :)

http://dilbert.com/strip/2005-12-09

RonyL

Feb 25, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-12-2015
Doc's Request.
06-01-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
02-01-2017
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Waiting @ 472 for quite a while.... :-[ :-X

High expectations with the upcoming draw... fingers crossed.. 8)

binshuo20

May 4, 2016
KrispyKreamKonnoisseur said:
You are working for Amazon, aren't you? because this is one of the few company in Canada I know that pay devs that much. The one that I know was really desperate, for time was not his friend.
Spot on. Yeah it's Amazon. The immigration vendor advised me that I probably should withdraw my EE profile so that my work permit application won't be delayed or declined and he told me that Amazon will help employees with immigration support after working for 6 months. I'm sitting at 472 and will probably get selected if there is a draw today. My concern here is that if I couldn't get a work permit this time, I might not be able to find another job with this pay level in the near future. Landing in Canada with a job offer is much more reassuring than having to look for jobs after getting PR.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vrlkacha said:
Last time the draw happened around this time...

October 19, 2016 at 12:20:50 UTC

At the time of this post the current time is 07:44 am UTC. So another 5 hours from now based on last draw. Good luck !

JosephR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
73700 is the target for 2017. ie 26% increase than 2016

Additional 51000 target for PNP

100% of 2017 target will goes to EE. Pre EE paper based will be fully covered within 2016 target.

So ultimately they can easily issue 4000 ITAs per draw until May 2017.

Next draw today, No of ITAs >=2100

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-10-31.asp

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JosephR said:
73700 is the target for 2017. ie 26% increase than 2016

Additional 51000 target for PNP

100% of 2017 target will goes to EE. Pre EE paper based will be fully covered within 2016 target.

So ultimately they can easily issue 4000 ITAs per draw until May 2017.

Next draw, No of ITAs >=2100

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-10-31.asp
looks like i spoke latin earlier... ??? :'(