+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 45th Draw

Invicta

Star Member
Jul 1, 2016
jamezmoran said:
481 is the highest possible score you can get without Canadian experience or PhD or job offer/PNP.
Well, I could learn French and take the TEF exam to get more points, but it can take some time before my French is good enough to get those additional points.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Invicta said:
Well, I could learn French and take the TEF exam to get more points, but it can take some time before my French is good enough to get those additional points.
Was thinking the same but will need at least a year and will be loosing points because of age as well,not easy to do

Invicta

Star Member
Jul 1, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
Was thinking the same but will need at least a year and will be loosing points because of age as well,not easy to do
Yeah, and I'll have to fly to another country to take the exam...

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Invicta said:
Yeah, and I'll have to fly to another country to take the exam...
I have calculated the difference it can make,can increase from around 10-20 or little more points if reached a strong level,realistically speaking not sure if its achievable still studying my chances .

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
DamhaSirah said:
Sluffy, when do they announce the yearly quotas for FSW & CEC? When are they expected to announce the next quota and when can we hope to get the ITA?
Well, the quotas for 2015 were announced on November 6, 2014.
Quotas for 2016 were announced in March 2016 - due to elections and government changes.

Before the announcement in March 2016, they used 2015 quotas, and accepted too many applicants in the period November 2015- February 2016, more than the quota allowed. What they are doing now - is just proceeding PNPs without touching FSW and most of CEC - they are 481 and under.
So our next milestone is November :D or quotas announcement, whatever comes first.

And here I agree with johnjkjk - CIC could have made an official statement on what is going on.

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This might be a common question but I do not understand how do they generalize the applicants and send ITAs based on just CRS scores? The country's requirements must be different for different professional candidates. eg. they might need x software engineers, y mechanical engineers, z doctors, etc. but CRS scores are calculated irrespective of professions. So it might happen that they invite more lawyers than required with high CRS and less doctors with low CRS.

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
mukulabd said:
This might be a common question but I do not understand how do they generalize the applicants and send ITAs based on just CRS scores? The country's requirements must be different for different professional candidates. eg. they might need x software engineers, y mechanical engineers, z doctors, etc. but CRS scores are calculated irrespective of professions. So it might happen that they invite more lawyers than required with high CRS and less doctors with low CRS.
Before EE there was a list of professions to be invited to apply until the quota for the job is completed.
And there's also a list of occupations in demand for many provinces.
There are two things from my point of view: (1) the labour market in the country is pretty large and it's complicated to predict the situation change in the nearest future; (2) the native population is aging so fast, that they need more immigrants, but they still make a cutoff on the level of education, job should be high-skilled (no extra gas station cashiers) and the level of English.

Until you have a job offer (which is obviously close to LMIA), you're up to yourself to arrange your new life - job, housing, adoptation, etc. The higher is your level of education and English, the easier you're supposed to get adapted to new conditions, the sooner you get a job (preferably well-paid one to pay higher taxes), the younger you are - the later you will demand for retirement payments/pensions.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Sluffy said:
Well, the quotas for 2015 were announced on November 6, 2014.
Quotas for 2016 were announced in March 2016 - due to elections and government changes.

Before the announcement in March 2016, they used 2015 quotas, and accepted too many applicants in the period November 2015- February 2016, more than the quota allowed. What they are doing now - is just proceeding PNPs without touching FSW and most of CEC - they are 481 and under.
So our next milestone is November :D or quotas announcement, whatever comes first.

And here I agree with johnjkjk - CIC could have made an official statement on what is going on.
They'll be announced on or before 1 Nov
http://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/provinces-want-to-ensure-supports-are-in-place-for-immigration-boost/

samanta60 said:
Makes sense. I guess they are not trying to avoid scores below 481 on purpose. Their goals are mainly based on number of invitations not specific scores.
By the way, if they only invite people with scores higher than 482 or so, does it mean they are mostly inviting highly educated people (Masters, PhD. ..)? If so, this doesn't make a lot of sense to me, because any society does need people in different levels of education and skills not only highly educated ones. What do you guys think?
The above 482 band includes all PNP applicants and people with a job offer. They can have just 300 CRS points but have a job offer (900 points!). Lots of cooks, food supervisors etc have been selected. PNPs include tradesmen (carpenters etc) so they are including a mix of people from all education levels.

DelPiero07 said:
Nothing, it is just a reference from a tv show called Game of Thrones.
Yes but remember how it ended.... WINTER'S HERE!! :eek:

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
I'd love to see CRS go down below the 480 mark, if that would be possible.

Amitanvi1585

Feb 3, 2016
This is a video of one of the immigration consultant who is talking about the changes which is expected to come.

Hope for the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JTXstFTt2g

samanta60

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
IELTS Request
19-02-2017
File Transfer...
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
25-02-2017 (BG IP: 25-02-2017, BG NA: 09-03-2017, BG IP2: 25-03-2017)
Amitanvi1585 said:
This is a video of one of the immigration consultant who is talking about the changes which is expected to come.

Hope for the best.

He said the score will go down a lot, soon, before end of 2016. That's a bit hard to believe, but let's hope.

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amitanvi1585 said:

Hope for the best.

This Video has been floating on this forum for quite a long, I would not believe any of these lawyers or Consultants until and unless I see the results...