+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 166th Draw - All Program

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Lmao you posted this in the previous thread too, so I'll copy paste my response here as well.

What you're saying is based on a hilariously superficial understanding of the US political system. Any immigration reform will take a few years to pass. Especially considering the senate is likely to remain republican controlled. The best case scenario is some reform happens after the 2018 midterm elections. Remember, it took trump 3-4 years to pass the bills that negatively impacted indian H1b workers. So no, do NOT expect an overall decrease in demand for Canadian immigration because Biden got elected. There may be a reduction in demand over time, but that won't happen for a few years, if it does at all.

With consistent draws and no gaps, the scores will in fact go down gradually, but that has nothing to do with US elections. It is more acutely related to lack of language testing etc which is keeping a large number of people from getting into the candidate pool.

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Do what you can to increase your score and don't believe in pipe dreams.
Partly agree with you!
Do whatever you all can to increase your score its not only because people moving from US to Canada but also because of several other reasons. Firstly, the number of work permits issued last year, 400,000. All these candidates will be getting extra points for Canadian work experience. Secondly, the study permits issued in the past few years have increased drastically for example last year they were over 400, 000. All these candidates will get extra points for study in Canada. Don't forget the recent changes in the score distribution where francophones will be awarded extra points. EE is becoming competitive day by day. I remember the scores used to be around 440 back in 2018 and now they are in 470s.

So, overall, do whatever you all can to increase your score if you are so desperate to immigrate to Canada.

Good luck to all of you.

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
Lmao you posted this in the previous thread too, so I'll copy paste my response here as well.

What you're saying is based on a hilariously superficial understanding of the US political system. Any immigration reform will take a few years to pass. Especially considering the senate is likely to remain republican controlled. The best case scenario is some reform happens after the 2018 midterm elections. Remember, it took trump 3-4 years to pass the bills that negatively impacted indian H1b workers. So no, do NOT expect an overall decrease in demand for Canadian immigration because Biden got elected. There may be a reduction in demand over time, but that won't happen for a few years, if it does at all.

With consistent draws and no gaps, the scores will in fact go down gradually, but that has nothing to do with US elections. It is more acutely related to lack of language testing etc which is keeping a large number of people from getting into the candidate pool.

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Do what you can to increase your score and don't believe in pipe dreams.
Before you say I don't understand what I am talking about, you should know if what you said has facts attached to it. It really is hilarious. By the way, I am here in the US and I am directly impacted and on tabs with every change Trump brought in to skilled migration & h1b program. Things changed so much the moment Trump became the president with 'Hire American, Buy American' proclamation and I know how the scrutiny increased 10 folded and denials are at highest pace since the h1b program was introduced. This happened way before h1b was targeted with EO's. A huge Hostile culture was created and yes, as you said Trump doubled on EO's in the last 1 year to draw more attention but the attack on skilled migration began as soon as Trump took the presidency. The companies sponsoring h1b dropped 10 fold due to fear of attack from current administration & having have to cross too many hurdles to hire a foreign worker (too much scrutiny and Request for Evidences). Percentage of New students coming to US also declined due to hostile environment. Yes, he did not have support in the House to pass major immigration reform, so he could only limit restrictions through EO's. A lot of firms setup shops in Canada so they can retain best talent and innovate as well. There are so many fact based reports with clear statistics on how Canada benefited due to Trump administration's hostile immigration policy in attracting new opportunities and skilled talent. All you have to do is just a Google Search.

The reason why I said things should change slowly as the new administration is a lot of assurance for many of us here in H1b. Not because we were expecting the GC in next 2-3 years or some sweeping immigration policy changes but it's just more reassuring things will be much better & stable. Both Joe Biden & Kamala Harris acknowledged the value skilled immigrants bring to this nation on several instances and he promised he would lift h1b ban within the first 100 days of his administration. I said the shift will be gradual and did not claim for sure the scores will drop next month. But again this is purely a theory based on past trends as majority of people with High scores are grad students from US as well. This change in political environment will for sure shift the trend for international students arriving in US vs Canada. Canada is not even a close match to the opportunities and possibilities US can offer. I speak to this as a fighter/dreamer and having gone through all the due process over the last 7 years. There is a reason why we say the term American Dream and there is no such thing called Canadian Dream.

Remember, demand for Canadian immigration is dependent on the overall Global immigration policies/trends and global conflicts that arise between countries. It's nearly impossible to predict accurately what exactly will be the trend as there are too many variables in the equation. If someone's career & life goal is to immigrate to Canada, it will be dumb for them to sit hoping the scores will go down. They should put in their best effort to maximise the score.

Honestly, I am one of the Canadian PR aspirants due to hostile culture from Trump administration. I have a good job and everything I need for a good life here in US except a GC. My savings are 3x more here. Now, sure I will remain in the pool but not go about learning French to increase my score. No thanks! Also, Only 2-3% of Canadian PR aspirants speak French, to gain points you need fluent skills in all four areas and with majority of aspirants being in 25 to 32 age groups, it's incredibly hard to learn French at that age and especially when you live in non french speaking countries like India and US. I won't waste a minute doing that. I just don't have interest nor time for something like that.

It's so funny how quickly you came attacking me without even checking the facts and knowing my intention. Lord save Canada.

Good Luck though!

The below image is a testament of how things are beginning to change already in the US. This below image is from my linkedin reg. sponsorship from a big global firm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yemjim and taurus22
D

Deleted member 1006777

Before you say I don't understand what I am talking about, you should know if what you said has facts attached to it. It really is hilarious. By the way, I am here in the US and I am directly impacted and on tabs with every change Trump brought in to skilled migration & h1b program. Things changed so much the moment Trump became the president with 'Hire American, Buy American' proclamation and I know how the scrutiny increased 10 folded and denials are at highest pace since the h1b program was introduced. This happened way before h1b was targeted with EO's. A huge Hostile culture was created and yes, as you said Trump doubled on EO's in the last 1 year to draw more attention but the attack on skilled migration began as soon as Trump took the presidency. The companies sponsoring h1b dropped 10 fold due to fear of attack from current administration & having have to cross too many hurdles to hire a foreign worker (too much scrutiny and Request for Evidences). Percentage of New students coming to US also declined due to hostile environment. Yes, he did not have support in the House to pass major immigration reform, so he could only limit restrictions through EO's. A lot of firms setup shops in Canada so they can retain best talent and innovate as well. There are so many fact based reports with clear statistics on how Canada benefited due to Trump administration's hostile immigration policy in attracting new opportunities and skilled talent. All you have to do is just a Google Search.

The reason why I said things should change slowly as the new administration is a lot of assurance for many of us here in H1b. Not because we were expecting the GC in next 2-3 years or some sweeping immigration policy changes but it's just more reassuring things will be much better & stable. Both Joe Biden & Kamala Harris acknowledged the value skilled immigrants bring to this nation on several instances and he promised he would lift h1b ban within the first 100 days of his administration. I said the shift will be gradual and did not claim for sure the scores will drop next month. But again this is purely a theory based on past trends as majority of people with High scores are grad students from US as well. This change in political environment will for sure shift the trend for international students arriving in US vs Canada. Canada is not even a close match to the opportunities and possibilities US can offer. I speak to this as a fighter/dreamer and having gone through all the due process over the last 7 years. There is a reason why we say the term American Dream and there is no such thing called Canadian Dream.

Remember, demand for Canadian immigration is dependent on the overall Global immigration policies/trends and global conflicts that arise between countries. It's nearly impossible to predict accurately what exactly will be the trend as there are too many variables in the equation. If someone's career & life goal is to immigrate to Canada, it will be dumb for them to sit hoping the scores will go down. They should put in their best effort to maximise the score.

Honestly, I am one of the Canadian PR aspirants due to hostile culture from Trump administration. I have a good job and everything I need for a good life here in US except a GC. My savings are 3x more here. Now, sure I will remain in the pool but not go about learning French to increase my score. No thanks! Also, Only 2-3% of Canadian PR aspirants speak French, to gain points you need fluent skills in all four areas and with majority of aspirants being in 25 to 32 age groups, it's incredibly hard to learn French at that age and especially when you live in non french speaking countries like India and US. I won't waste a minute doing that. I just don't have interest nor time for something like that.

It's so funny how quickly you came attacking me without even checking the facts and knowing my intention. Lord save Canada.

Good Luck though!

The below image is a testament of how things are beginning to change already in the US. This below image is from my linkedin reg. sponsorship from a big global firm.

First off, I lived in the US, and now live in India, and I'm 28. I have gotten to a B2 level in French in the last 8 months, having started from scratch, working a fulltime job, and studying to change my field of work. There's plenty of people on this forum who have done similar things in less time. It is not 'incredibly difficult' to learn a language at that age. Adults (evidently, like you) tend to use that as an excuse to never start. You say YOU have no interest in learning french, and that is completely fair. If you are vehemently against learning French, that's your choice and I can respect that. But this idea that learning the language is extremely difficult in a non french speaking country is a joke. A bad one, at that.

I have lived in the US for 10 years, and yes I am aware of what he said and how the fear of his policies impacted companies' willingness to sponsor visas. I have faced hundredds of rejections purely based on my response to the qustion "Do you now or in the future need sponsorship to work in the US". So yes, what you say is true. But don't make sweeping claims of "demand for immigration going down, so it's good news!!!!" That's a load of nonsense.

Yes a very small percentage of Canadians speak french, but the country, specifically smaller cities and most of quebec, have a strongsentiment to preserve the language. This would be helpful to give french speakers an edge, and this is based on numerous conversations I have had with current residents of Ottawa and Montreal (so not Toronto, where the majority of EE candidates end up going initially). Yes, this is anecdotal, but I'm going to go with that over some pipe dream of "no need to worry, demand will reduce".

It is true that there's plenty of more opportunities in the US and the earning potential is substantially higher. But many people prefer the peace of mind that transparent immigration policies like those in Canada offer. The 'american dream' applies to middle class american citizens. Not you or me. Being in the US means being a slave to the 9-5, never being able to explore your interests, never being able to venture into new things until you get your green card. If you're Indian, that means waiting for 15+ years, best case. In the meantime, any job loss due to unpredictable circumstances, like covid, means you have 60 days to find a new job. Bought a house, cool, sell it at a loss, lose 100s of thousands. Started investing in a 401k or IRA? RIP, pay early withdrawal taxes or leave them stagnant there until you turn 60. The ONLY thing the US has to offer is the ability to make more money (albeit a LOT more that you will ever make in canada).

Hey look at that! We can agree on something. You're absolutely correct when you canada benefited from Trump's hostility towards immigrants. Nobody is denying that. But yes, good luck to you, and hope you get a GC or get to Canada, whatever suits your desires more. Some people want freedom, and others prefer a higher earning potential. To each their own. Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
First off, I lived in the US, and now live in India, and I'm 28. I have gotten to a B2 level in French in the last 8 months, having started from scratch, working a fulltime job, and studying to change my field of work. There's plenty of people on this forum who have done similar things in less time. It is not 'incredibly difficult' to learn a language at that age. Adults (evidently, like you) tend to use that as an excuse to never start. You say YOU have no interest in learning french, and that is completely fair. If you are vehemently against learning French, that's your choice and I can respect that. But this idea that learning the language is extremely difficult in a non french speaking country is a joke. A bad one, at that.

I have lived in the US for 10 years, and yes I am aware of what he said and how the fear of his policies impacted companies' willingness to sponsor visas. I have faced hundredds of rejections purely based on my response to the qustion "Do you now or in the future need sponsorship to work in the US". So yes, what you say is true. But don't make sweeping claims of "demand for immigration going down, so it's good news!!!!" That's a load of nonsense.

Yes a very small percentage of Canadians speak french, but the country, specifically smaller cities and most of quebec, have a strongsentiment to preserve the language. This would be helpful to give french speakers an edge, and this is based on numerous conversations I have had with current residents of Ottawa and Montreal (so not Toronto, where the majority of EE candidates end up going initially). Yes, this is anecdotal, but I'm going to go with that over some pipe dream of "no need to worry, demand will reduce".

It is true that there's plenty of more opportunities in the US and the earning potential is substantially higher. But many people prefer the peace of mind that transparent immigration policies like those in Canada offer. The 'american dream' applies to middle class american citizens. Not you or me. Being in the US means being a slave to the 9-5, never being able to explore your interests, never being able to venture into new things until you get your green card. If you're Indian, that means waiting for 15+ years, best case. In the meantime, any job loss due to unpredictable circumstances, like covid, means you have 60 days to find a new job. Bought a house, cool, sell it at a loss, lose 100s of thousands. Started investing in a 401k or IRA? RIP, pay early withdrawal taxes or leave them stagnant there until you turn 60. The ONLY thing the US has to offer is the ability to make more money (albeit a LOT more that you will ever make in canada).

Hey look at that! We can agree on something. You're absolutely correct when you canada benefited from Trump's hostility towards immigrants. Nobody is denying that. But yes, good luck to you, and hope you get a GC or get to Canada, whatever suits your desires more. Some people want freedom, and others prefer a higher earning potential. To each their own. Peace.
Hi Bro, I love your can do attitude. I hope you get your PR soon. I moved from US to Canada on a PR and just to add to what you said, the salaries in Canada are lower than US but not that much lower in the long term. Especially when you factor in benefits like the fact that you can confidently max out your RRSP (Canadian equivalent of 401k) to increase your take home salary, the fact that the more kids you have the higher your CCB payout from government (I know a friend who gets $1k CCB per month), the fact that you are actually eligible in Canada for Unemployment benefits which you will not get in US, the fact that when you are unemployed we don't pay anything for health care here. So cost of living is much cheaper here if you are not working when unemployed or retired because we have zero health insurance expenses which can easily be $1.5k per family if you are unemployed in US. Children's college tuition cost are subsidized for PRs in Canada so we pay only 20% of what you pay in US. I know H1b families in US staring at a college bill of more than 150k for their kid's bachelors. Here we will hardly pay $30k for a bachelors degree. Also I heard of contractors here working in the big banks getting an hourly billing rate of $100, which is equal to around $200K (CAD) per year. It is possible here because you can create your own company as a PR and contract with them instead of the middle man like you are forced to do with on H1b. (of course hourly rate of 100 per hour is quite rare but getting upto $75 per hour is not that hard if you have the skills)
All the best to you, hope you realize your Canadian Dream soon :)

Last edited:

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020

Hi Bro, I love your can do attitude. I hope you get your PR soon. I moved from US to Canada on a PR and just to add to what you said, the salaries in Canada are lower than US but not that much lower in the long term. Especially when you factor in benefits like the fact that you can confidently max out your RRSP (Canadian equivalent of 401k) to increase your take home salary, the fact that the more kids you have the higher your CCB payout from government (I know a friend who gets $1k CCB per month), the fact that you are actually eligible in Canada for Unemployment benefits which you will not get in US, the fact that when you are unemployed we don't pay anything for health care here. So cost of living is much cheaper here if you are not working when unemployed or retired because we have zero health insurance expenses which can easily be $1.5k per family if you are unemployed in US. Children's college tuition cost are subsidized for PRs in Canada so we pay only 20% of what you pay in US. I know H1b families in US staring at a college bill of more than 150k for their kid's bachelors. Here we will hardly pay $30k for a bachelors degree. Also I heard of contractors here working in the big banks getting an hourly billing rate of $100, which is equal to around $200K (CAD) per year. It is possible here because you can create your own company as a PR and contract with them instead of the middle man like you are forced to do with on H1b. (of course hourly rate of 100 per hour is quite rare but getting upto $75 per hour is not that hard if you have the skills)
There are so many false claims in this and you have an extremely poor investment knowledge. I am glad you do not live in the US anymore (very much). When you said you and me are not middle class any more, I am wondering how many millions you have made in those 10 years. Please don’t find a door back to US in a couple of years. I would rather wait and keep a tab on how the scores will change rather than waste time talking to you.

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
There are so many false claims in this and you have an extremely poor investment knowledge. I am glad you do not live in the US anymore (very much). When you said you and me are not middle class any more, I am wondering how many millions you have made in those 10 years. Please don’t find a door back to US in a couple of years. I would rather wait and keep a tab on how the scores will change rather than waste time talking to you.
@alexross - Sure, everything comes down to whats important to you. This varies for every individual. Collecting unemployment etc isn’t even any close to my needs. At this point, gods grace, I am young, talented and good enough to stay employed and even able find even better opportunities during Covid. Health insurance etc are not even a question. College in US is expensive but it is worth it and you will make it back in no time if you are even decently talented

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
@alexross - Sure, everything comes down to whats important to you. This varies for every individual. Collecting unemployment etc isn’t even any close to my needs. At this point, gods grace, I am young, talented and good enough to stay employed and even able find even better opportunities during Covid. Health insurance etc are not even a question. College in US is expensive but it is worth it and you will make it back in no time if you are even decently talented
Absolutely right bro, you take care!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ultimately this comes down to a personal choice.

It sounds like you've made the decision to remain in the U.S., so whether the Express Entry scores goes up or down is really irrelevant to you now.

Good luck.

Reactions: Uvr and alexross
D

Deleted member 1006777

Oh good information here. Thanks for posting! I'll make a mental note of what you've said in the hopes that I can make it to Canada one day. The most important part really is the ability to start your own company, to explore your own future. Canada affords you that opportunity, and that's the most important part of it. I love the idea of getting off the 9-5 and exchanging time for money, which is not something you can hope to do in the US (of course depending on your country of birth) until after you're well past the prime of your life.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Aww poor baby got his feewings hurt :'(

I said the 'American dream' is for middle class AMERICAN CITIZENS. You and I are not American citizens, and are therefore not afforded the same opportunities as citizens. I never implied that I'm not middle class or that I've made millions.

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
Aww poor baby got his feewings hurt :'(

I said the 'American dream' is for middle class AMERICAN CITIZENS. You and I are not American citizens, and are therefore not afforded the same opportunities as citizens. I never implied that I'm not middle class or that I've made millions.
nah, you did not hurt my feelings at all. I don’t take comments from random guys on the forum that personally. I stand by everything I said. Sure, I also have an IELTS 8.5 that proves my english ability. I am wondering if you are 28, worked for many years & are a pro in english to the extent you could make comments on others abilities. I am sure you have 475 ~ 480 CRS already.

I don’t even know where this discussion is going. My initial comment is that change in presidency in US could bring some good news to Canadian PR aspirants as this could prompt some aspirants to rethink. And here you go! If am in your place, I would just say ‘May be or may be not, let’s wait and see’. Work on your attitude and maturity. Once you do that, you will be a better future resident of Canada. I am not comparing which country is better, US or the Canada. It depends on personal circumstances & the percentage of people opting to live and make it work in US despite all odds speaks it itself. I am sorry you could not make it work, after all US is not for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: joconstantine
D

Deleted member 1006777

nah, you did not hurt my feelings at all. I don’t take comments from random guys on the forum that personally. I stand by everything I said. Sure, I also have an IELTS 8.5 that proves my english ability. I am wondering if you are 28, worked for many years & are a pro in english to the extent you could make comments on others abilities. I am sure you have 475 ~ 480 CRS already.

I don’t even know where this discussion is going. My initial comment is that change in presidency in US could bring some good news to Canadian PR aspirants as this could prompt some aspirants to rethink. And here you go! If am in your place, I would just say ‘May be or may be not, let’s wait and see’. Work on your attitude and maturity. Once you do that, you will be a better future resident of Canada. I am not comparing which country is better, US or the Canada. It depends on personal circumstances & the percentage of people opting to live and make it work in US despite all odds speaks it itself. I am sorry you could not make it work, after all US is not for everyone.
Okay thanks for your advice :)

Reactions: dankboi
Oct 26, 2020
Hey guys I'm sitting at 468 and losing hope...I was thinking of going on student visa worse case scenario but my agent says that there is a high chance of the student visa getting rejected since it would be a conflict of interest .. is this true ? Or is the agent just pulling my leg ?
Agents have their own agenda's in their mind. You can surely try student visa route, provided you are ready to study there - which does make sense in longer run also - later for jobs also as in that part of the world surely their degrees do count a lot!

Tee23

Nov 10, 2020
Guys i am in a crs score of 471, with the recent score I am thinking of writing another IELTS test to hoping to get a CLB 10, so my points can increase to 477. Do you guys think the scores will reduce or I should write another test.

ArsheyaBegum

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Guys i am in a crs score of 471, with the recent score I am thinking of writing another IELTS test to hoping to get a CLB 10, so my points can increase to 477. Do you guys think the scores will reduce or I should write another test.

Same here my CRS in 472 now, with IELTS score L/R/W/S 8/7.5/7/7. Will the score reduce or I should try taking another IELTS exam.
And By coming march I will lose 5 points for my age.
Suggestions Plz