+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 163rd Draw - All Programs

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a score of 421, I am hoping to get additional 50 points for my employment ( LMIA exempt ) after I finish my 1 year at my employment next month on October 15th. That should take my score to 471. What are my chances of getting an ITA with that score ?

Thanks
Are you in Canada?

habibred

Sep 16, 2020
Hi everyone,

We are blessed, we received our ITA this week. I have a question concerning the Education History and Work history of my spouse (I am the main applicant). In the express entry profile we haven't put anything in his education and work history because we are not claiming any points for them.

Now we are filling up the Permanent Residency application. Do we have to keep the education and work history also empty in the application and then add them in personal history or we can add them in work and education history and we will not be asked any documents to justify them? Do they ask documents only for the points claimed in the Express Entry profile?

nelsonbombom

Sep 19, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have my ITA this round, thank god.

But i have some doubts about medical exam and PCC.

I have already filled up all the information sections and clicked continue, then it brings me to the document checklist which requires medical exam result and PCC together with other documents.

Since what I have known from other threads, usually they come AFTER I submitted the application and payment, THEN i will receive instructions on how and when to perform body check and acquire PCC.

Right now I have no AOR, nowhere to click application submission, do not have the request letter from Canadian consulate general or whatsoever.

What should I do? Have the steps changed?

Please help give me some info about what to do next, many thanks

Airhulafe

Sep 16, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2020
Hi everyone,

I have my ITA this round, thank god.

But i have some doubts about medical exam and PCC.

I have already filled up all the information sections and clicked continue, then it brings me to the document checklist which requires medical exam result and PCC together with other documents.

Since what I have known from other threads, usually they come AFTER I submitted the application and payment, THEN i will receive instructions on how and when to perform body check and acquire PCC.

Right now I have no AOR, nowhere to click application submission, do not have the request letter from Canadian consulate general or whatsoever.

What should I do? Have the steps changed?

Please help give me some info about what to do next, many thanks
I’m pretty sure you can do your medicals before you submit the application. You can go to this site to find an approved physician in your country https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

As for the PCC, indeed some countries require a request letter from Canadian immigrations and some people have had to submit their applications and wait for IRCC to give a letter before they can apply for the PCC but I’ve also heard of cases where ITA letter was used to get PCC before submitting the application. So you can try that as well. It will cut down the processing time if you can get all the documents before you submit the application

brentmrcs

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone,

We are blessed, we received our ITA this week. I have a question concerning the Education History and Work history of my spouse (I am the main applicant). In the express entry profile we haven't put anything in his education and work history because we are not claiming any points for them.

Now we are filling up the Permanent Residency application. Do we have to keep the education and work history also empty in the application and then add them in personal history or we can add them in work and education history and we will not be asked any documents to justify them? Do they ask documents only for the points claimed in the Express Entry profile?
Hi! I just received an ITA too, and me and my partner decided to just declare his education (with ECA) and work history, even if there are no points awarded for his foreign work. I read on a different thread that declaring your partner unemployed on the work history and personal history, just to skip the tedious process of securing reference letters and tracing their work history, MAY BE A GROUND FOR MISREPRESENTATION resulting to a rejection.

There had been anecdotal reports of obtaining PR visa, even though they did that, but I wouldn’t want to risk my chance, and instead just fill-out the form precisely. What’s the value spending a few minutes/hours filling that out rather than being anxious, right? I wouldn’t want to place my future at another person’s mercy. That’s just my two cents.

Edit: we were asked to upload his education credentials and reference letters for his work history.

sangeshmishra3

Aug 31, 2018
Results: Rounds of invitations
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #163 – September 16, 2020
No program specified

Number of invitations issued:
4,200Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 4,200th or above

Date and time of round: September 16, 2020 at 07:25:09 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 472

Tie-breaking rule: March 09, 2020 at 13:03:40 UTC

• If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
Footnotes
Candidates from all Express Entry programs were eligible for this round of invitations.
what is gona be the crs cut off for 164th draw ?Any predictions ?

akhilz

Jun 30, 2020
I’m pretty sure you can do your medicals before you submit the application. You can go to this site to find an approved physician in your country https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

As for the PCC, indeed some countries require a request letter from Canadian immigrations and some people have had to submit their applications and wait for IRCC to give a letter before they can apply for the PCC but I’ve also heard of cases where ITA letter was used to get PCC before submitting the application. So you can try that as well. It will cut down the processing time if you can get all the documents before you submit the application
Hi,

I did my medicals and PCC before I submitted. No need to wait.
Medicals: Just go with the approved physician t https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
For PCC depending on the country rules vary. For US and India PCC, I was able to do that before submission which reduced some time.

All the best
Cheers

akhilz

Jun 30, 2020
Hi everyone,

Please add dependent details and keep profile up to date.
I believe they do a revised eligibility post submission which includes recalculation of score so it will be good to add to the score if you can.
Maybe It will not impact but i read somewhere that an individual lost points during eligibility and was denied PR as his score went below the cut-off during eligibility check. (I am not a 100% certain of the truth behind this)
But it seems pertinent to review.

Thanks
Akhil