+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Hoping tomorrow CEC draw. I am waiting at CRS 443 CEC class
Yes, considering increasing unemployment rate due to covid, i see govt. would not take any step that may cause serious consequence to them. Job markets are already impacted. Canada economy already in financial crisis, will not take additional hit to provide financial support to new PR comers from outside given the fact getting survival job now are also very difficult and it would be very difficult for people to survive after 2-3 months.

gp@cad

May 27, 2020
Hi,
I have been following this forum for sometime now. I think it's about time that I present my scenario and see what I can take away from it.

My Individual EE profile score was 452 pts (created in June 2018).

However I got married at the start of year 2020 and following it I placed my spouse's dependent file via paper application from India. Back then (around February) the EE draws were still normal and not only that but my spouse's file was escalated to Canadian High Commission, Delhi from VFS Banglore.
I'd hope that my wife could have accompanied me before May or by mid-May BUT COVID-19 lock down all over the world changed the scenario.

In mean time, I had updated my EE profile and added my spouse's detail in the new profile which brought our EE score to 433 excluding her Degree evaluation and IELTS.

We have created her account on WES for her degree evaluation but since the colleges/universities are not functioning as of now in India, we cannot get it evaluated and thus no points of it right now.
As for IELTS, she had test-date booked in British Council but lock down has forced delay over the dates of IELTS and therefore we cannot score those points as well.

I am working in NOC B category and will be completing 2 years of work experience in Canada next month for which I already received 11 points in my profile.

My spouse has 3 years of experience in NOC A category but there are no points of it reflected in our profile right now.

I want to know what my options could be? Also, why are we not able to get her work experience's points in our profile?

All of your kind help would be appreciated.

adao99

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
Hi,
I have been following this forum for sometime now. I think it's about time that I present my scenario and see what I can take away from it.

My Individual EE profile score was 452 pts (created in June 2018).

However I got married at the start of year 2020 and following it I placed my spouse's dependent file via paper application from India. Back then (around February) the EE draws were still normal and not only that but my spouse's file was escalated to Canadian High Commission, Delhi from VFS Banglore.
I'd hope that my wife could have accompanied me before May or by mid-May BUT COVID-19 lock down all over the world changed the scenario.

In mean time, I had updated my EE profile and added my spouse's detail in the new profile which brought our EE score to 433 excluding her Degree evaluation and IELTS.

We have created her account on WES for her degree evaluation but since the colleges/universities are not functioning as of now in India, we cannot get it evaluated and thus no points of it right now.
As for IELTS, she had test-date booked in British Council but lock down has forced delay over the dates of IELTS and therefore we cannot score those points as well.

I am working in NOC B category and will be completing 2 years of work experience in Canada next month for which I already received 11 points in my profile.

My spouse has 3 years of experience in NOC A category but there are no points of it reflected in our profile right now.

I want to know what my options could be? Also, why are we not able to get her work experience's points in our profile?

All of your kind help would be appreciated.
I would say leave your wife out to retain that 452 pts, get CEC ITA, get PR and sponsor your wife.

gp@cad

May 27, 2020
I would say leave your wife out to retain that 452 pts, get CEC ITA, get PR and sponsor your wife.
That's an option but we are leaving it for worst case scenario.
God forbid if she gets refusal on spouse dependent visas then I would got back to that option.

But we have been hearing that Canadian High Commission at New Delhi have started working with limited number of staff and that they will process pending applications from this week.

joey.slater

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Yes lemme share some numbers earlier we know score was not dropping below 470 even when 4500 invitations were issued in a gap of two weeks. Thats because roughly 500 people would be PNP rest all were FSW/CEC etc. So New profiles having score of 470+ were being created at the rate of 3000+ every two weeks. Now FSW draw has not happened for over two months now and compare the data from 13th March 2020 to data published on 25th March 2020. Hardly 3000 people have been added in that range in 10+ weeks. So I would say rate at which new profiles are being created having score 470+ have dropped by a huge margin.

Data Date13-Mar-2005-Apr-2014-Apr-2027-Apr-2012-May-20
25-May-20​
Cut off 467 464 455 452 447
CRS Score RangeCandidateCandidateCandidateCandidateCandidateCandidate
601-1200 448 479 65 461 482 310
501-600 254 390 213 318 417 433
491-500 197 317 190 267 356 329
481-490 421 910 746 924 1,117 1,168
471-480 1,047 2,423 2,233 2,635 3,140 3,311
471-600 1,919 4,040 3,382 4,144 5,030 5,241

IELTS was not happening in many parts of the world due to lock downs. People in India please confirm if it has resumed or not yet.
Another thing to remember is that people are not able to gather all the documents they need to send to WES due to lock downs. If lets say lock down is lifted in India now and they gather all the documents it will still be 10+ weeks before they'll get their ECA and will be able to create the profiles. Hence for a foreseeable future we'll not see old rate of new profiles creation i.e. 3000+ profiles in two weeks having 470+ scores.

Thats why I believe once FSW draws resume then just after two draws score will drop significantly.
No it might not. Your assumption is that FSW draw (General draw) might resume before IELTS and all ECA bodies are back to normal, but it might not be the case. There are a lot of factors which we do not know for General draws to resume. So it all depends on WHEN the general draws resume.

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Hi guys,
Since the twitter reply is the one and only statement officially from IRCC, let's decode it as we fsw candidates have way more time to pass than we expected;

1/2 Hi. (Means hello)

Recent CEC-only and PNP-only draws were meant to benefit candidates who are already in Canada with a temporary status. (Means the recent draws are for those who are already in Canada, though i believe many PNP candidates and a portion of CEC candidates who couldn't get ITA these years due to high points requirements are outside Canada.)

Processing of permanent resident applications is continuing, though it has been affected by the COVID-19 situation. (Means applications of those who received ITA already are processed but there is bit lag in the system due to recent restrictions)

2/2 We aren’t going to speculate on future rounds. (Means they dont give a vvvv abt you)

See, nothing... Absolutely nothing abt FSW draws resuming... Also Minster was saying they are considering new way of processing PR applications.... Should we expect something that we are not expecting??

Pls contribute with your version of the definition to the tweet....

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Sadly, I am afraid it is not a sign of an FSW draw. If it's going to be an FSW draw, it would be an all program (no program specific) draw.
My theory for FSW draws is that they will take at least a couple of more months to happen. We need to look at not only what is happening in Canada but also in other countries considering that FSW applicants are overseas at the moment. Even though Canada flattens the curve, other countries such as India and Brazil are still with their numbers climbing up or at peak. That said, there are no reasons for the Canadian government to let people in putting in risk all they've done to flatten the curve even considering the processing time of EE applications as it is unknown how long this pandemic will last globally speaking. This is one of the factors, but there are also other factors such as employment that will postpone FSW draws further.

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
I know :) btw how long in advance you create your express entry profile? I am doing it now
I created my profile on 1st April with a hope to get an ITA in Sep because by then my score would jump to 470+.
If we are lucky, tomorrow or day after tomorrow we will witness the ITA.

adao99

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
That's an option but we are leaving it for worst case scenario.
God forbid if she gets refusal on spouse dependent visas then I would got back to that option.

But we have been hearing that Canadian High Commission at New Delhi have started working with limited number of staff and that they will process pending applications from this week.
Would you be risking of not getting ITA at 433 FOREVER when regular draw comes back to work, or ensure you get PR first and sponsor your wife. I don't know anyone that their spouse got refused on visa only. I mean Canada wants people to come and live and work and pay tax.

Reactions: sponsort

gp@cad

May 27, 2020
Would you be risking of not getting ITA at 433 FOREVER when regular draw comes back to work, or ensure you get PR first and sponsor your wife. I don't know anyone that their spouse got refused on visa only. I mean Canada wants people to come and live and work and pay tax.
I am being optimistic here and waiting for score to drop further down till 430.