+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
That's an interesting concept I wasn't aware of. Makes sense though. I'm sure they'll come up with whatever the best solution for them is, and tweak it as time goes by.

Definitely not necessarily poor countries. Africa has actually had it quite good with this, interestingly. I live in South Africa, which is not a rich country by any means, and we have really good COVID numbers. Meanwhile, places like Italy, the UK, Canada, and the US, are far wealthier nations, and have seen far worse numbers of infections. Ultimately, a lot of it comes down to how the pandemic is managed by governments, as well as what the culture of citizens is to respect the choices their leaders are making. In SA, it's been good so far. In the US, it's a nightmare. I find it very interesting to see all this, from a psychological and democratic perspective.

But anyway, I do agree with you that they may find some kinda workaround like that. It'll be interesting to see what they choose. Otherwise maybe they just require everyone who enters to go into quarantine. I wouldn't mind that at all, and would happily comply.
A lot of places have good numbers, simply because they don't test enough people. I've kept hearing that as a big worry among experts for Africa. That there won't be enough tests, and it will be hard to get a clear picture. Even in rich countries there aren't enough tests to get a clear picture of how many are infected

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
@indianstudent96

Indian immigrants have started to implement their biased hiring practices in many areas of employment. Is there not a reason to have a genuine concern if cases like the one in the link posted increases more and more with an increasingly higher number of Indian immigrants? Thoughts?

https://ibb.co/5MVwqk4
That's how most of the hiring in canada works. If there is an opening the first referrals are friends and family of the manager then f&f of his subordinate employees.

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
I have a question. Many in this thread are expecting a general program draw probably 4-6 weeks from now and that we can expect the cut off to be lowered.
If there is a cut off of say 460 does that mean I will be definitely be selected because my score 475 is higher than the cut-off?
Or are there other factors at play here like the data of profile creation and the number of candidates drawn?
FYI, I created and placed my profile on the 2nd of March.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a question. Many in this thread are expecting a general program draw probably 4-6 weeks from now and that we can expect the cut off to be lowered.
If there is a cut off of say 460 does that mean I will be definitely be selected because my score 475 is higher than the cut-off?
Or are there other factors at play here like the data of profile creation and the number of candidates drawn?
FYI, I created and placed my profile on the 2nd of March.
If your score is above the cut off, you will receive ITA.

Reactions: hydrizxcv

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
That's how most of the hiring in canada works. If there is an opening the first referrals are friends and family of the manager then f&f of his subordinate employees.
That's how hiring everywhere works :)

Reactions: ryeCatcher

joey.slater

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
If the travel restrictions and lockdown are the reasons to stop FSW draws, then why are PNP draws and nominations still continuing? I got nominated last month even though I am in a foreign country. NOC-2175
Question(s): Do you have any experience in Canada? Did you study there? Which PNP you got nominated? What is your CRS? Did you apply particularly to some PNP or got nomination based on your express entry profile?

I am just curious as my NOC is in the same range.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Agreed. The US currently has almost half the world's active COVID cases, and they're managing the crisis terribly (not that I'm surprised). So, high quality checks on that border should be a priority. That's not to say that airports, ports, etc. for other foreign travelers need to mirror the approach Canada takes to the US border. Treat different countries differently, if that's what's needed. If those foreign governments get upset, maybe they should treat their own citizens better and make public health more of a priority.

This whole notion of importing COVID is silly in my opinion. As has been said many times here, giving an FSW an ITA does not allow them to enter Canada the following day. There is then months of document submissions, followed by at least 6 months of application processing. Also, it is already mandatory for those who enter Canada to quarantine before going out in public, and that will apply, no doubt, to any FSW or other EE candidates when it comes time to enter Canada to activate their PR.

Economies have to keep going, travel needs to resume at some point, and the world has to keep turning despite this crisis. The current trends won't continue forever. And resuming general EE draws soon certainly won't suddenly change the landscape. It will give those who've been waiting as FSWs a shot at an ITA, however. I remain positive.
I like your write ups, they are frequently awesome. Cheers mate.

Reactions: hydrizxcv

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Nope.. Now you get 90 days to submit. I got ITA in March and I Had 90 days to submit docs
This is exceptional opportunity due to pandemic. However, things will get into the normal state soon or later. Enjoy this opportunity.

palak63

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Hardly, if people make anti-FSWs posts all the time, and i just counter with the other side of the argument for the sake of fairness, it doesn't make me anti-CEC. :rolleyes:

I know there are very good CEC candidates, most of my friends from uni were CECs.
Yo buddy you are doing a great job and you have your view points not many would second with. Keep doing what you do best and I am by your side. It is about accepting the facts and shedding lights on it. You do that which is not acceptable to many. That's it.