+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
PR Query:
Hi... My name is Khushi and I am currently in Canada on a work permit. I planned to put my pr application in may end as I would complete one year at my current job. I have studied in Canada for 2 years and worked 8 months on NOC 4132 & 1 years on NOC 0111 (viz my current job). The company that I worked for in India just got liquidated due to COVID. Since I worked for 5 years for this company, I cannot skip it out from my applications. I tried getting in touch with company HR but no luck. Could anybody advise if I can claim points through my payslips, joining letter, increment letters & experience letters?
Do you have your contract of employment? Do you have any documents which state your duties and responsibilities?

You can try to claim points, but it's subjective and it will be up to the immigration officer whether or not they accept your proof of work experience. But i think you have a decent shot if you have the above.

Khushi0804

Jan 29, 2020
Do you have your contract of employment? Do you have any documents which state your duties and responsibilities?

You can try to claim points, but it's subjective and it will be up to the immigration officer whether or not they accept your proof of work experience. But i think you have a decent shot if you have the above.
Thank you for your quick response. I do have my contract of employment but it does not detail out duties and responsibilities.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
This is the most hilarious thing I've read on this forum. You won't be losing any points for age before you turn 30. Please read the sources thoroughly before reaching a conclusion.

As per 468, you will be on the edge of the cutoff, and most likely will get through within 3 or 4 FSW draws if IELTS doesn't begin by then.
Fun fact, FSW candidates with 468 or less did not get an ITA since October 2, 2019. Based on my observation, this is the invisible line between candidates who can hope for an ITA vs who should increase their score just slightly to hope for an ITA. When the general draws resume, there's not a lot of chances for any candidates with a CRS score below 468 as IELTS is resuming their operations as we speak. As far as the first general draw (after this hiatus) is concerned, the cut-off will be above 475 but will drop slightly as soon as everything gets back to normal.

Reactions: joconstantine

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
PR Query:
Hi... My name is Khushi and I am currently in Canada on a work permit. I planned to put my pr application in may end as I would complete one year at my current job. I have studied in Canada for 2 years and worked 8 months on NOC 4132 & 1 years on NOC 0111 (viz my current job). The company that I worked for in India just got liquidated due to COVID. Since I worked for 5 years for this company, I cannot skip it out from my applications. I tried getting in touch with company HR but no luck. Could anybody advise if I can claim points through my payslips, joining letter, increment letters & experience letters?
It might also be a good idea to mention in an LOE that the company is closed. If you have any contact number of your past supervisor in that company, you can provide those details in the LOE, so that if the IRCC officer has a any doubt, they have an option to call the supervisor.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Fun fact, FSW candidates with 468 or less did not get an ITA since October 2, 2019. Based on my observation, this is the invisible line between candidates who can hope for an ITA vs who should increase their score just slightly to hope for an ITA. When the general draws resume, there's not a lot of chances for any candidates with a CRS score below 468 as IELTS is resuming their operations as we speak. As far as the first general draw (after this hiatus) is concerned, the cut-off will be above 475 but will drop slightly as soon as everything gets back to normal.
I know of this fun fact, been following the trends from 2 years. Speaking of 468, yeah, it's a fine line between ITA and waiting forever, and if the Covid19 situation was not here, it could never have arrived. But today, when there haven't been a lot of entries above 470 (as seen in the breakdown of pool), we can hope around a month of non addition of high scores. That's why I said 3 - 4 draws could make it possible.

Reactions: indianstudent96

Divya.nair

Apr 22, 2020
PR Query:
write a letter explaining the situation that you are experiencing problems to gather documents due to covid19

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thank you for your quick response. I do have my contract of employment but it does not detail out duties and responsibilities.
easiest is to get a colleague from your company (the one you worked for) to sign an affidavit. A lawyer can draft it for you.

Reactions: sisac9

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hi, I am a inland applicant with Crs score 463!
I will apply for PR end of June or 1st week of July when I complete 1 year of working experience! But the problem is my score will drop to 458 in October when I turn 30! Do you think cec draws will continue in July or August as well

kabir_krishna

Jul 3, 2019
Hi, I am a inland applicant with Crs score 463!
I will apply for PR end of June or 1st week of July when I complete 1 year of working experience! But the problem is my score will drop to 458 in October when I turn 30! Do you think cec draws will continue in July or August as well
hypothetical question..

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
I am hoping to complete a year of work experience by mid July if all goes well
And then apply for Pr since looking at the draws I think it will remain cec till August or September

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I am hoping to complete a year of work experience by mid July if all goes well
And then apply for Pr since looking at the draws I think it will remain cec till August or September
I sincerely hope not. Resuming general draws means everyone gets a chance. Us FSWs have been waiting for a long time now.