+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

canadaimmigrant173

Dec 27, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
When I entered the express entry pool in March, I was extremely confident of getting an ITA during the next FSW draw. Now, I doubt if I will be able to get ITA with a score of 478. I guess the only people who can be confident are people with a 480+ CRS score...

AliPak

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
If you ask me, Canada's current government has destroyed country's economy. Take an example from Australia and New Zealand. They enforced more severe restrictions, yet lifted them when the danger was over (sort of). In this they saved their economy. Where, just look at canadian government. Throwing out money to people (non deserving one as well), still enforcing strict restrictions on workplaces. People are still in fear. I dont see how canadian government will bailout air canada, which has decided to layoff 20,000 people. Its a disaster. I foresee a worst Debt to GDP ratio in coming months.

I wonder where is the finance minister?

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
No Dude who receive an ITA will immediately hop on a plane and land in Calgary or Edmonton or Nunavut. There must be some other reason behind halting FSW but border closing I guess is less related to stalling FSW draw.
What I wish is that IRCC can blatantly say that they are not gonna conduct all program draw, so that, aspirants can start working on other plans
This pain-staking wait is really killing from inside especially when all the hard work is done and suddenly immigration has become gloomy.
And another blow is that Canada's economy is devastated by this virus. Many many many (including my sister who is studying in Montreal) lost FT, PT, Temp, Contract, IT, Transport, Hotel, Aviation jobs.
People from here I guess is not aware of how bad the situation is in major cities of Canada and it is next to impossible for dudes who landed in Canada to get a job
I know economy will and can undoubtedly bounce back sooner (many companies can re-hire people and there will be lots of hiring too) but the question is when. Corona is not giving up and when a lesser workforce is a timely need, then bad times guys.
Plus IELTS opening up test centers gradually will enable more and more dudes with a high score to enter the pool and ITAs will become a thing only for the 470s and not to others.
Not sure what to tell but I personally feel that economy, immigration, health, jobs are all in a bad situation, and quicker recovery or bouncing back is highly impossible.
I think everything you said makes sense, even if it is not a nice thing to hear at the moment. I also doubt that the reason behind CEC draws is that borders are closed. They are going to take at least 6 months to process the applications anyway, and even if the borders are still closed by then, it is not like they will be obligated to open them just because people got their visa! When this trend first started, I thought maybe they are not drawing the FSW because if they keep on doing so while IELTS exams etc. are suspended, hence; no more people are entering the pool but people are getting out of it, competition will go down and they will reach a low cut off point and it is not because they've finished up all good candidates, but it is only because a lot of the good ones are simply unable to enter. And just so that no one takes offence, good means high crs, it is good as per their own criteria. So this way they will be missing out on candidates with high crs. On the other hand, CEC candidates are already there, most of them already have jobs or have better chances of landing a job than a foreign worker and therefore won't burden the economy as much. Because yes, logically speaking, immigration booms in good economies, and really a bit of common sense says that with many people losing their jobs, it doesn't make sense to bring more at the moment.

Reactions: jitesh2013

joey.slater

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Border restrictions with USA extended. So no FSW draws till for next 30 days. The scores gonna go sky rocket this time.
It can't. The max score an FSW candidate can get is 481, which is with Masters degree, age less than 30, 3+ years of foreign experience and IELTS: Speaking 7.5-9 Listening 8.5-9 Reading 8-9 Writing 7.5-9. Now to achieve this IELTS score is not common. So I don't think that CRS score will skyrocket anytime soon. It can stay in the range of 470's.

Anything above 481 is having Candian degree / Canadian experience.

jesse1120

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
It can't. The max score an FSW candidate can get is 481, which is with Masters degree, age less than 30, 3+ years of foreign experience and IELTS: Speaking 7.5-9 Listening 8.5-9 Reading 8-9 Writing 7.5-9. Now to achieve this IELTS score is not common. So I don't think that CRS score will skyrocket anytime soon. It can stay in the range of 470's.

Anything above 481 is having Candian degree / Canadian experience.
not if they get points through French as second language.

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
If you ask me, Canada's current government has destroyed country's economy. Take an example from Australia and New Zealand. They enforced more severe restrictions, yet lifted them when the danger was over (sort of). In this they saved their economy. Where, just look at canadian government. Throwing out money to people (non deserving one as well), still enforcing strict restrictions on workplaces. People are still in fear. I dont see how canadian government will bailout air canada, which has decided to layoff 20,000 people. Its a disaster. I foresee a worst Debt to GDP ratio in coming months.

I wonder where is the finance minister?
Our finance minister is not even able to answer a question properly. I wish we had a better government to navigate this difficult times similar to how we performed in 2008 (Canada was the best among G8 back then to come out the GFC).

Reactions: AliPak

kabir_krishna

Jul 3, 2019
Our finance minister is not even able to answer a question properly. I wish we had a better government to navigate this difficult times similar to how we performed in 2008 (Canada was the best among G8 back then to come out the GFC).
Govt wishes they had mindful law abiding citizens.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
When I entered the express entry pool in March, I was extremely confident of getting an ITA during the next FSW draw. Now, I doubt if I will be able to get ITA with a score of 478. I guess the only people who can be confident are people with a 480+ CRS score...
Same here. I entered the pool in March, and have 481. This is terrible.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Same here. I entered the pool in March, and have 481. This is terrible.
Let's give another month or two. When the pandemic is not over yet, don't let the negative energy overflow ourselves.

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
Exactly! French points can push one into the 500s once they can get CLB 7 across board.
Not everyone can achieve ìt. Dudes in 470s and above are very unlikely to take french exams, also people are losing 5/6 points daily due to age. We cant say exactly what crs will be as there are many factors involve