+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Staying back after studies wasn't part of the deal so if they leave, it's because it was okay for them to leave. The fact that y'all feel it's an injustice to go back to your home country sickens me. Nobody is entitled to anything.
It makes my laugh when international students want to be part of CESB too.

Reactions: Pgill2609

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
Staying back after studies wasn't part of the deal so if they leave, it's because it was okay for them to leave. The fact that y'all feel it's an injustice to go back to your home country sickens me. Nobody is entitled to anything.
Same way fsw are not entitled to having a draw when the world is On a lockdown. The Express entry program is still going ahead they haven't stopped any immigration. One of the reason many come to canada to study is because of the pgwp which gets your settled over here, let's you have the candian experience, integrates you into the candian society and allows you to become permanent residents. Settling into another county is by one of the hardest things that one can do so yes cec do deserve this,fsw have their own merits and so do cec regardless of their academic backgrounds. We are in a pendemic with most countries having a second wave, ircc will continue their program to.protect canadians and that's the way it is. Immigration is the key but not right now it has no.importance. parents dont know when their children will return back to schools safely and everyone is talking about jumping on to a plane and coming to Canada unfortunately fsw are deemed a risk right now, I'm sorry but that's how it is.

sukh1996

Jul 13, 2019
Hi I have score of 443 CEC .
What are chances of getting ITA?
I hope everyone gets ITA who have worked hard either FSW or CEC .
Yes its true that CEC candidates are getting benefit of current situation but FSW will also back after some time so hopefully every one gets ITA either sooner or later.

Reactions: Pgill2609

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
Yes its true that CEC candidates are getting benefit of current situation but FSW will also back after some time so hopefully every one gets ITA either sooner or later.
High

Reactions: srk2322

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
I am seriously surprised to see no FSW draws for straight 3 months and also with no announcements from IRCC. They are still trying to meet their immigration targets by just inviting their inland applicants but not external immigrants. Wondering how low will they go score wise for the CEC class? Below into 420s? Possible! It's kind of funny they think a candidate with CEC 420 would add more value to the economy than a FSW candidate with 470+ score.

Seriously disappointed. But guess we can do nothing but to wait. I am ok if they no longer wanted to take external candidates for rest of the year, but a clear communication is helpful so that we don't waste our valuable time and resources for the express entry. Canada has handled this poorly & my respect for this agency went down for sure.

Waiting in the pool since december with a score of 467 and now on June 5th am gonna lose 6 points due to age putting me back at 461. I can max my IELTS score bringing back to 470 (max) but is it worth the effort & money spent? I don't know!! Having spent $1600 USD so far, everything is down the hole. Really sad & I can't be more disappointed in current challenging times.
There is absolutely no correlation with your score and chance of success. CEC draws makes absolute sense. People have Canadian experience and you will realize once you land that how much that is valued and relevant. Inviting FSW in these tough times does not make much sense and they know the job market and they are shelling millions of dolllars to support unemployed including PR’s. Canadian govt would like those inland (CEC) more as they are more likely a Lowe burden (unemployment benefits) and higher chance of getting assimilated than getting someone new to country under FSW in these tough times.

Chris1994

Jul 23, 2019
I see CEC Candidates and PR Holders are on an onslaught today on this forum against the possibility of FSW draws. When the tides turn, they will be singing a rather different tune or be nowhere to found on this forum.

Reactions: palak63

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I see CEC Candidates and PR Holders are on an onslaught today on this forum against the possibility of FSW draws. When the tides turn, they will be singing a rather different tune or be nowhere to found on this forum.
Yeah, CEC people want CEC draws to continue and FSW people want FSW draws to resume, to each their own ya know.

Reactions: Chris1994

vasu5656

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
FBI works right now, but there might be delays. If your friend lives in Ontario then some of the fingerprinting services will open on May 22nd, so that he can get FD-258 done and ready to be sent.
Thanks for your reply! As I mentioned, my friend already done with Medical and PCC(India and USA) since he is in Canada now, and offices in Canada are still open and operating but he is looking for his family Medical and PCC(India and USA) who are currently in India(AP)

Sureshbabualla9

Jun 15, 2019
Hi Friend, are you currently in Canada or outside Canada. I am also having same score 443 with CEC class. But just worrying that do they give invitation to the people who is not living in Canada as well?

Reactions: Divya.nair

Sureshbabualla9

Jun 15, 2019
Current CEC draws will be applicable to only inland or outland as well. Can any outland got the invitation from recent CEC draws. Please clarify.

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Current CEC draws will be applicable to only inland or outland as well. Can any outland got the invitation from recent CEC draws. Please clarify.
Yes I know few people who went back home and got ITA they could not get medicals and police clearance. They submitted their file with LOE.
But majority of CEC applicant would be in Canada now and that is the reason behind only CEC draw.

Reactions: Sureshbabualla9

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
After going through all these posts, I think the only people who want the current trend to continue are those who can not get an ITA in general draws. A CEC candidate with 475+ score could care less about how he/she is invited. Really, it makes no difference to people with high scores on how they are invited. General or CEC, they are going to be invited. The people who are fighting here are those with lower scores. Don't make this forum uglier than it should be. I foresee an FSW draw as the restrictions are being lifted. For people who have been getting ITAs who otherwise wouldn't have, you guys have been lucky but when the all-program draws resume, I don't see a chance for those with scores below 465. I am happy for those who have received their ITAs but it is not up to us to decide who can and who can not come into this country. Stop offending each other by talking about hypothetical scenarios. If there's something we should know, IRCC will update it on their website. Until then, stay safe and keep hoping for the best. After all, this thread is called Ray of Hope.