11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Query for a friend:
Hi All, Anyone did medical, Indian PCC and USA FBI in recent days while in INDIA? I think none of these offices are open now, Is it OK to submit the application without these? Family is in India currently and I'm primary applicant and staying in Canada, and I completed all those but not for family. Please suggest. Thanks!

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You guys will be alright, all program draws will resume soon.

Don't listen to the naysayers, believe in your dreams, work diligently towards them, and you will make them come true.

It sucks there are many here who have this mentality that as soon as they get their PR, they want to shut the door on the people who wish to follow.

I hope you guys join the club soon. I went on a hike yesterday, Canada is so beautiful, and no litter anywhere in nature. For many of us leaving developing countries, it's so refreshing to leave that narrow-minded mindset many people have there, where they don't care about the environment, and about keeping their country clean.

I really appreciate that about Canadians, and people in the West in general.

Canada is worth it just be in a clean, safe place with lots of nature, and places to see and visit.

So stick with it, renew your resolve. Plenty of space here for everyone. :)

Last edited:

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
I believe regular draws for FSW will resume soon...there are only so many CEC rounds IRCC can do.
But for a start at least, I think scores for the initial FSW rounds may be higher than normal, but should gradually trend downwards.

Reactions: sisac9

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Or we will have FSW inclusive draws again by that time
Possibly. Though I highly doubt it. It wouldn't really make sense to switch to cec only, and then switch back to all stream draws before we even see what the first stage of opening up does. And with a second wave coming as well this fall and winter. It'd impossible to say. But at the same time several provinces have recently decided to only take people already in country. Just looking at things happening it more looks like it will keep going like now, than it does going back like it was before.

Reactions: jitesh2013

zlmlaker

Jun 17, 2019
Exactly.
I honestly don't get why people get so upset when someone in this forum compares candidates at 440 and 490, for example. I mean, that's how IRCC has designed the CRS score criteria. It's not my opinion that a Phd's degree is more valuable to the Canadian economy than 1 year of a college program or 1 year of Canadian experience, it's IRCC opinion. Otherwise, if IRCC believed Canadian Experience was the most important asset of all, they would give +200 points for that (which would basically turn away every single FSW candidate).
You know what is more important than a Phd's degree? I'll tell you: a province that declares explicit interest in your profile. How do I know that? Well, because IRCC will give you 600 points for that.
So, even if you don't have a CLB9, Canadian experience, or a Master's, but you have a NOI, guess what: Congratulations, you're a better candidate than the others below you! Period.

People, seriously, Express Entry is a competition. Understand that. Yes, a 490 candidate is, at IRCC's perspective, a better candidate than one at 440. I don't get why we continue to discuss that. Really. Go read the CRS score criteria page, and all the answers for the "who's a valuable permanent resident for Canada" question are right there.
So it is the same with the current situation where IRCC considers CEC to have more value to Canada. The only difference is that it is not written in paper and the scoring system has not adjusted the point of being a CEC. But I assume that the conflicts between CEC and non CEC would still go on even if the IRCC changed the scoring system, since this hurts the people who have already benefited from the system, in this case, people with high points.

akhil994

Star Member
May 15, 2019
https://thepostmillennial.com/trudeau-government-hints-at-dropping-immigration-over-unemployment

I was positive all this time until I stumbled upon this. Guess we are the unlucky batch of EE.
Some dudes were critizing TorontoSun for publishing an insight of the above info. Now almost every media is informing the same. Plus locals too are heavily against immigration (except CEC maybe). Govt is now finally responding officially to cut immigration to save Canada from its massive 13% unemployment.
My sister is in Montreal and she along with nearly 40 ppl in just a street alone lost jobs. Only IT is surviving a bit. Other businesses are very very very heavily affected. Although govt is giving subsidies to those who lost jobs, point is no jobs at all. Might take years it seems to get everything back on track.
Had a long call with my sissy and she said tons are there who are jobless and recently landed COPR dudes too have rarely found jobs.
That's why IRCC is doing a brilliant and timely move to consider CEC dudes
Bad times man, bad times!!
If you read this article and the one in TorontoSun, the source is the same. There is no additional information being reported, it's just words of the same source being published in an article on another website.

This does not give any credibility to the source, does it? At least not over IRCC and the immigration minister.

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
CEC candidates with score 447 are more valuable to Canada than a FSW candidate with score 460+ without work experience in Canada. The government awards the CEC guys' money spent on education.

This sistem is becoming to look like a trap. People are forced to apply for a study visa to pay for tuition fees.

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
CEC candidates with score 447 are more valuable to Canada than a FSW candidate with score 460+ without work experience in Canada. The government awards the CEC guys' money spent on education.

This sistem is becoming to look like a trap. People are forced to apply for a study visa to pay for tuition fees.
Come onn ,dont come up with this bull sh## because u cant make it..stop being jalous this much..

akhil994

Star Member
May 15, 2019

If that were so, were the CEC candidates who have been in the pool since February last year, when the scores crossed 450 and never dropped below that till the recent CEC draws, less valuable then? Or were they spending less money then?

Even 450 was a one off draw last year, all draws have been 455+ post that draw.

I don't know why this debate keeps cropping up here. These are special circumstances, so IRCC has done what it had to, in order to continue meeting its immigration targets. Once we are through with this, things will definitely change, all of us know that, but we are still partaking in fear mongering and baseless speculation, as if people have an insider knowledge of IRCC

jitesh2013

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013

Situation was different till February 2019. Many CEC Candidates may have already left, stuck and could not apply for PR because of high cutoff scores since last year. I hope CEC draws drop more in coming weeks, so no CEC Candidates have to leave Canada. Because once FSW draws begins the score will rise again.

Last edited:

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Come onn ,dont come up with this bull sh## because u cant make it..stop being jalous this much..
i am not being jealous but reasonable. i am ok wherever i am and can pay the tuition fee and easily become CEC. I just do not want to fall in their trap and waste my money.