+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 147th Draw - CEC

sharafshafa

May 1, 2019
Things are getting tough for FSW. I think they are doing the right thing by inviting only CEC class other their own people will backlash them for inviting outlanders when the unemployment rate has reached 13%.
What makes you say so? My score is 468 and I've been waiting since six months..

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Things are getting tough for FSW. I think they are doing the right thing by inviting only CEC class other their own people will backlash them for inviting outlanders when the unemployment rate has reached 13%.
Things are getting tough for everyone. CEC candidates being jobless in Canada are not in a better situation, I believe. On the other hand, there are FSW candidates who are still happily in a job outside Canada.
While I agree that it has been very considerate for the Canada government to keep people in Canada in mind, I hope FSW candidates will have their chance soon.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No I sit at 452 and did not receive NOI and I am really sad. Does any one know why they ignored those who have higher scores in the pool?
Do you have Canadian work experience?

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
One thing that people need to understand in this forum that FSW guys invited today do not fly to Canada tonight.

It will take at least 8 months for them to start thinking about landing.

Stop arguing that the FSW draw is dangerous for the economy because people have lost their jobs due to Covid-19.

By the time the FSW guys that get ITA today starts coming to Canada and looking for a job, Canada will have already stabilized the economy. It is a country with huge economic power that attracts people like us. If the economy will still be screwed even after a year, then there is no point to wait for an ITA and CEC guys should leave the country as soon as they can.

So you better start respecting each other.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
One thing that people need to understand in this forum that FSW guys invited today do not fly to Canada tonight.

Stop arguing that the FSW draw is dangerous for the economy because people have lost their jobs due to Covid-19.

By the time the FSW guys that get ITA today starts coming to Canada and looking for a job, Canada will have already stabilized the economy. It is a country with huge economic power that attracts people like us. If the economy will still be screwed even after a year, then there is no point to wait for an ITA and CEC guys should leave the country as soon as they can.

Agreed.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020

While I agree with you on FSW applicants not landing anytime soon, IRCC does not give a damn about what people think in this forum.

The reason why FSW draws are happening is plain simple, they simply don't have resources in the foreign visa offices to operate in full capacity. PR applications take way longer than temporary resident applications, not inviting FSW candidates might be a strategy for IRCC to avoid building up a huge backlog of applicants when operations resume. For example, a country like India is still on lockdown with restrictions lifted slowly, it will be at least weeks before they can start processing the applications from where they left. Also, IRCC is not issuing COPRs to outland candidates as they have expiry dates. Not to mention people who received COPR before the pandemic and haven't landed are going to have their applications re-opened to give them a new visa.

Speaking about the economy, I think you are being optimistic but it's time for some reality (especially coming from an optimist), it is pretty bad in terms of job losses and the recovery is going to take some time. Best case scenario, everything goes back to the way it was in a few months.

As long as your skills are in demand, it does not matter whether you are CEC or FSW, you will get a job. Again, the economy is not screwed, it will just take some time to recover.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

Didn't know we had so many economists and health experts in the forum

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Some times I think the arguments besides ITA, problems facing whilst filling application or any other immigration related queries/informations are just bullshit.
But, I am wrong there is no existence of a perfect world or a Forum. If you believe in God, you must have to believe that demons do exist.

For a system to survive, in this case active participation, there must be people of different mindset, There must be discussion on the closely related topics.

Draw Prediction
PNP: 700+
CEC: 446-447 or
FSW: 473-475

joey.slater

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Wait a second. It says
CRS score distribution of candidates in the Express Entry pool as of May 12, 2020
601-1200482

Number of invitations issued are 529 and the lowest ranked candidate invited has CRS of 718. So 47 PNP people were added to 601-1200 range overnight?