+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 141st Draw

taurus22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
I am
What's your score? You can check if your NOC is part of Tech Draw or Priority Occupations for OINP. They gave out 1400+ NOI's so far and were nominating people within a month but went radio silent since the pandemic broke out.
I am at 470 currently, and I am eligible for OINP priroty occupations but their last draw was at 467 and my score will drop to 465 early next month.

I missed the OINP Draw on Feb 13th because my husband's ielts result wasn't updated till then. I managed to do it by Feb 15th and lost out on Feb 19th draw in the tie breaker rule.

Dilipbharti

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Yesterday I was so sure that the draw will come out that did not go to office also to control my anxiety. Really stressed now.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I wonder what the chance is of a draw today. There are public holidays coming up, so I assume it's either today or from next Tuesday onwards.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I don't think there will be draw today or even this month as April is considered very crucial with respect to the pandemic, things are getting worse everywhere and if they don't get better by May, it's best to forget about EE and move on.

• Sad
Reactions: Mehjabeen Ahmed

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
I am
I am at 470 currently, and I am eligible for OINP priroty occupations but their last draw was at 467 and my score will drop to 465 early next month.

I missed the OINP Draw on Feb 13th because my husband's ielts result wasn't updated till then. I managed to do it by Feb 15th and lost out on Feb 19th draw in the tie breaker rule.
Hard times. Am at 474. Gonna lose 5 points this 24th. Like you said, haven't been so dreadful of my birthday ever and my NOC doesn't even come under the PNP program of Ontario. So nothing to do, except wait.

sachief

Jan 16, 2020
I am in a similar position to many on this forum. The unpredictability of the EE draws, and IRCC's lack of transparency, makes the whole process extremely unsettling. I am stuck at CRS 466 - maxed IELTS score, maximum education points (I have a PhD in Economics), a little on the old side unfortunately (at 35!), no Canadian work experience and I did not study in Canada. Does anyone have experience applying for jobs as a foreign applicant without PR? A job offer obviously boosts one's score significantly, but I have found it next to impossible to land a job (or even an interview) without Canadian experience and with no PR. Many of the PNP programmes are also contingent on a job offer.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I am in a similar position to many on this forum. The unpredictability of the EE draws, and IRCC's lack of transparency, makes the whole process extremely unsettling. I am stuck at CRS 466 - maxed IELTS score, maximum education points (I have a PhD in Economics), a little on the old side unfortunately (at 35!), no Canadian work experience and I did not study in Canada. Does anyone have experience applying for jobs as a foreign applicant without PR? A job offer obviously boosts one's score significantly, but I have found it next to impossible to land a job (or even an interview) without Canadian experience and with no PR. Many of the PNP programmes are also contingent on a job offer.
If it was easy to get a job in Canada as a complete outsider, then everybody will be doing it.

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
This boggles the mind. I got in at 444 in Dec 2018, and I thought that the cutoff was ridiculously high. I was 39 years old and had just dropped points for age, ws at the top of IELTS (could have squeezed it for 2 points maybe?) both my spouse and I had a masters, and she is also a medical doctor. Now even a PHD in econ who is 35 with max IELTS cannot get it. Jeez.

My advice is 1) try learn French, 2) apply for job positions in universities if you havent already, even really small universities and colleges. You may have to get used to the idea of a pay cut to get in.

Good luck

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I am

This is such a nightmare..I hope you get ITA very soon. Wish you good luck.

sachief

Jan 16, 2020
This boggles the mind. I got in at 444 in Dec 2018, and I thought that the cutoff was ridiculously high. I was 39 years old and had just dropped points for age, ws at the top of IELTS (could have squeezed it for 2 points maybe?) both my spouse and I had a masters, and she is also a medical doctor. Now even a PHD in econ who is 35 with max IELTS cannot get it. Jeez.

My advice is 1) try learn French, 2) apply for job positions in universities if you havent already, even really small universities and colleges. You may have to get used to the idea of a pay cut to get in.

Good luck
Thanks for the reply and advice. I am glad you made it in and hope you're enjoying your time in Canada! I started to learn French at the beginning of this year and continue to have a go at it. Will have a look at the small universities option more closely. I agree the CRS is ridiculously high. Unfortunately as an outland applicant things are not weighted in our favour. I fully understand why Canada gives extra points for those with Canadian degrees and work experience, but perhaps it would be more fair to separate outland and inland applicants into two entirely distinct programmes. Express 'entry' loses its meaning somewhat when there are many people applying from within Canada already.

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
So disappointed...It's really scary now will lose 5 points in Aug. Currently at 475.

Dude, you at 475 and stressed? C'mon man! 4 full months before you lose 5 points and it still might be enough.

And for everyone here, if its meant to be, its meant to be. Might sound a bit cliche/philosophical but dont feel down or whatever cos this aint the only path for us. We've put our max efforts and if things click, well and good. Getting the invite is only the start of a tough road ahead.

So, chin-up, up-skill and self-equip!

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
I’m at 475 (after being stucked at 469 for 2 months), but I’ll loose 5 points within the first week of June.
Not quite sure if I’ll be able to make it, if they decide to do more CEC/PNP/FST draws. It’s really stressful.