27-06-2020
Med's Done....
11-08-2020

Marziyeh

Aug 17, 2019
ETS has made GRE and TOEFL 'at home'.

https://www.ets.org/s/cv/gre/at-home/
https://www.ets.org/s/cv/toefl/at-home/

Amazon made its certification exams online. Google soon to be making their exams online.

This trend will continue with other exams and I think soon IELTS will also be made online.
This cant happen for paper based IELTS.
These tests were already computer based and the only thing that has changed is the test center, from public center to candidate's home.

It may bepossible for computer based IELTS only, not paper based.

a7medfx

Mar 6, 2020
Singapore
I do not think so. You see, the problem for everyone is getting their documents ready. FSW candidates usually have more documents to submit and live outside Canada. Canada does not have any control over other countries. So, even if they do an FSW (or even a CEC) draw today, it will be extremely hard for most candidates to get their documents ready within 90 days. I heard that they have increased the time to submit the documents from 60 to 90 days.

So, from their perspective, they might monitor the situation closely and conduct draws as they see fit. It is too early to say if they will increase the ratio of PNP and CEC invitations. As per the stats released by IRCC, most Express Entry applicants come from India and India has been on lockdown for days now and it's not ending for another few days. I am saying there is a possibility of a delayed draw but it will happen. I am positive we will know more this week.
I see. I am very hopeful that there will be draws and perhaps no delayed draws. But would it not make sense that IRCC will process more CEC applicants, who have invested and started a living in Canada? These are the easiest people to process under the lockdown. In addition, reducing the number of FSW invitations will reduce the burden on them, otherwise the backlog will keep rising, and after the pandemic dies out, there will be a huge surge of FSW applicants, right?

Last edited:

vicky0143

Feb 26, 2020
United States
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-12-2019
Nomination.....
21-05-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
11-08-2020
This cant happen for paper based IELTS.
These tests were already computer based and the only thing that has changed is the test center, from public center to candidate's home.

It may bepossible for computer based IELTS only, not paper based.
Why are you differentiating between computer based and paper based IELTS?
They give you a software to install on your computer. It's not that hard to move the exam to candidate's home.
They can do it fairly quickly if they want to.

Edit: If you mean we cannot write on paper at home, that is obvious :D

Last edited:

venkatreddy94

Jan 21, 2020
Hi I have score of 444 and NOC 2713 (software engineer) what provinces NOI can i expect and when are the PNP draws going to take place, Really appreciate any answers in this forum

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hi. Do you mean there might be a chance that they consider the gap as work experience if explained in a letter?
I have worked for 45 weeks. I must work another 7 weeks and my PGWP will be expired in June.
That's an instant no. Without 52 weeks of full-time skilled work experience (could be achieved by working part-time too), it will result in a refusal.