Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
but a candidate invited to apply now will likely not have their application processed for at least 6 months.

What do they mean by this, they will not process applications for 6 months or processing will take longer than 6 months?
I interpret that as meaning it will take at least 6 months to receive PR. So, before, you might have been lucky, and received your CoPR in 4/5 months. Now, it seems like they're saying the minimum is 6 months of processing time.

Arod

May 15, 2017
but a candidate invited to apply now will likely not have their application processed for at least 6 months.

What do they mean by this, they will not process applications for 6 months or processing will take longer than 6 months?
The way I see it, it means that new applications will be collecting dust for at least 6 months before someone starts working on them.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I interpret that as meaning it will take at least 6 months to receive PR. So, before, you might have been lucky, and received your CoPR in 4/5 months. Now, it seems like they're saying the minimum is 6 months of processing time.
This makes sense, sounds like such a vaguely worded statement.

The way I see it, it means that new applications will be collecting dust for at least 6 months before someone starts working on them.
If this is true then there is no point in conducting draws for the next 6 months.

Reactions: jrossi

SlyDigits

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2019
I am not saying that this is what is happening but just sharing my experience - also, this has nothing to do with Canada but with New Zealand's Immigration policy, so here's what's happened there:

The avg. processing time for 75% of all applicants for their Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa (equivalent of FSW-PR) was 6-months.

However, most applicants who submitted applications after 7th December 2018 began noticing that their applications were not being assigned to Case Officers. Immigration New Zealand (INZ) continuously stated on their official channels that everything is normal - but people who submitted their applications (and paid NZD3300 upfront), were not noticing any movement.

In December 2019 (12-months later), when nothing changed and most people who had submitted their applications after 7th December had still not been assigned to Case Officers, some applicants + Immigration Consultants decided to dig deeper and contacted the Ombudsman. Eventually, in March 2020, INZ was forced to finally post an official update that "since June 2018, they had been using a special critieria to determine which applications would be sent to Case Officers first."

Applicants were not informed about this "priority criteria" - and everyone who applied after December 7th 2018 (up until March 2020) was applying under the impression that everything is moving forward normally. And no, you cannot get a refund!

Moral of the Story: Immigration departments are not offering a service and are under no obligation to be transparent about their motives or actions. They are working in the best interests of the country they represent, not the applicants. They can state today that everything is moving normally but internally, they might have slowed down or shut up shop - its basic crisis management to prevent panic or a flood of emails/tweets/phone calls - and we are in the middle of the biggest crisis the world has ever seen!

So anything can happen - maybe they might suspend FSW draws for a few weeks knowing that people outside Canada might have trouble gathering documents or non-Canadian documents might be hard to verify - while documents from applicants within Canada might be easier to verify due to some local/inter-department connectivity.

OR,

Nothing might change and everything might go on as normal!

That said, the purpose of this post was to share my experience and say that speculation is not helpful because no one really knows what's happening behind the scenes. Hope for the best but ALWAYS prepare for the worst!

Reactions: Ola2j and sisac9

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
Isnt it better to have ITA so those who lose points due to age can be locked.
Or age can still be the factor of losing CRS points after ITA?
I personally think because of being fair to those who might lose points on age or their IELTS or ECA may expire, they are going to do FSW draws but they are going to start processing the application of those who are going to be invited in 6 months. So it might take a year after getting ITA.

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
Yh before , the time frame was 6months , but this means minimum 6 months

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Yh before , the time frame was 6months , but this means minimum 6 months
Yeah, I think it's much more likely that this is what they mean. At least 6 months to finish processing, rather than before, where it could be shorter. That seems reasonable. Really hoping for an FSW draw next week!

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Yeah, I think it's much more likely that this is what they mean. At least 6 months to finish processing, rather than before, where it could be shorter. That seems reasonable. Really hoping for an FSW draw next week!
If there were no draw for the next 6 months, the CRS scores would be skyrocketing.

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
Any suggestions if someone is temporarily laid off from work due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, how can this gap be justified to the Canadian immigration ?

asimhafeez19

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Guys I have already sent my docs and paid fees to ON PNP in case if score goes down and I get invited for fsw, can I accept that invite?