+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 139th Draw

birwin91

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
it seems that potentially only PNP applicants were drawn/sent ITAs. However, I was talking to a friend of mine who was creating her online profile yesterday, and she said that the website crashed when she was doing it, and when trying to do it today, it was super slow, so it might be technical problems that are hindering the draw?

Malet

Mar 4, 2020
Anytime you receive one then that is it. No pre or post announcements and you can only be sent a letter of interest in order to be able to apply.aside these, there are no other thing you can do .Note: i am referring to their human capital stream
Thanks. So they send that letter anytime? It is not regular?

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
It wasn't a mass regular EE draw...only few people reported they had ITA with PNP offer

Official website didn't update anything

I assume they will delay the draw to April 1st...this is when 2 weeks country-wide "social distance" policy finish

Ethan chen

Jan 29, 2020
Hello everybody,

Just wondering is the score 473 gonna be safe in the future draws?
so disappointing that they cancelled the draw yesterday which i have been waiting for.

Good luck everybody!

Red_Ranger

May 5, 2019
hey everyone. I had a question about work experience. I also asked this question a while back but couldn't get a definitive answer. So the question is regarding self employed experience. As far as I know you can count foreign self employed experience for FSW. I have been playing poker professionally for 3 years. Professional poker players come under NOC 5251-Athletes. I am really confused as to how to show proof of this experience. I mean I have a tracker that shows all the hands I've playing, amount of time I've played(hours), and my income. However, I keep hearing that you must prove that you perform the main duties listed for the occupation. But are there any exception to this rule? Because I don't it's possible for me to do that, and sadly i can't seem to find any information on this because I believe I am in a very unique situation and can't think of any other profession that will face this problem.
Would really appreciate some input on this, because I think I have a very good chance of getting a high enough score to get an ITA. Been learning french for a few years and will take TEF as soon as possible. Expected score range is 504-516.
P.S Can also show bank statements for proof of income.

Reactions: Komkom

Jatt2canada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Hello everybody,

Just wondering is the score 473 gonna be safe in the future draws?
so disappointing that they cancelled the draw yesterday which i have been waiting for.

Good luck everybody!
Not sure, with the postponement of the 18th March draw the scores are likely to go up. Range 475-480.
I hope they stay around the 470 mark.

Sarah011

Mar 19, 2020
Why aren't we expecting any draw on 25th March? Isn't social distancing policy affecting Provincial nominations? How did the OINP take place then?

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Not sure, with the postponement of the 18th March draw the scores are likely to go up. Range 475-480.
I hope they stay around the 470 mark.
We've seen periods of 3 weeks or more between draws before. At least this time there is the potential PNP draw which may have removed a few hundred high-scoring applicants from EE.

Also, it's going to be difficult for people to enter the pool for the next few weeks with a high CRS.

IELTS and CELPIP have suspended testing in locations across the world. Most centers in Canada are closed until mid-late April and in the USA they have closed until further notice.

https://www.ielts.org/news/2020/covid19-information-for-our-global-test-taker-community
https://www.paragontesting.ca/covid-19-announcement/

ECA organisations are also suspended and delayed, and they rely on documents being sent from overseas from universities that are probably shutdown also.

If the PNP draw did happen yesterday then it could be a sign that IRCC is still committed to their immigration plans but are trying to put in place measures that facilitate processing applications while also ensuring the health and safety of their employees during the pandemic.

I'm not saying we will see a drastic drop in CRS, but I also don't think we will see it increase much either. We won't know anything until the next draw or IRCC releases an update. Keep an eye on their COVID-19 update pages.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Generosuboy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I have 476 points and I hope it will not increase to 477... I totally agree that due to PNP draw yesterday and exam places and other important offices being closed score might most likely jump by 3-4 points only