+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 138th Draw

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
I will also cross my fingers for everyone here.

I will start my Express Entry profile in this November, yet I am still watching the UK and, maybe, Switzerland.

Dilipbharti

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system – March 4, 2020

No program specified

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

Number of invitations issued: 3,900Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,900th or above

Date and time of round: March 4, 2020 at 13:44:16 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 471

Tie-breaking rule:February 24, 2020 at 06:02:57 UTC

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Thank you for your response. In that case, applying to other credential evaluators like CES/ICES with the hope of being considered as PG diploma also is of no use?
I would assume so, but I can't say for certain. I am just basing this on my own experience having completed 2 ECAs. I did a lot of research prior to the results being sent to me.

It seems to come down to credit hours that are equivalent to at least 1200 hours over an academic year (8 months / 2 semesters). As the Canadian institutions seem to work within the Bologna process if you can figure out how many credits your qualification is equivalent to on the European Framework it will give you a good sense of things. This framework was established to provide equivalency between all the different European countries and has been adopted by many countries and organisations outside of the EU, such as ENIC-NARIC. 60 ECTS credits are the equivalent of 1 academic year, and 1 ECTS can be between 20-30 hours depending on the country.

If your qualification comes from a recognised institution it basically means there is an equivalency framework in place.