+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 138th Draw

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Hello everyone.

I had a question with regard to the ECA report that I have detailed below. Any information and feedback is most welcome, thank you in advance.

I had a ECA report from WES with Canadian equivalency of Bachelors (4 years) that I had updated last year in my profile.

Recently, I had applied to WES for an additional degree evaluation and the results are as mentioned below:

Name on credential : XYZ
Credential Authentication : Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential : Post graduate diploma
Year : 2019
Awarded by : XYZ
Major : XYZ

Canadian equivalency : One semester of post secondary study at a non recognized institution.

Remarks : The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

COULD YOU LET ME KNOW AS PER ABOVE DETAILS, IF I FALL UNDER "2 OR MORE CERTIFICATES, DIPLOMAS OR DEGREES. ONE MUST BE FOR A PROGRAM OF 3 YEARS OR MORE"

I am unsure about this and would like to get more clarity before updating my profile from bachelors degree.

Thank you for your help.
Sorry man, but only a full academic year counts as a completed certificate or qualification.

Generally, these equivalency organisations all seem to follow the European Bologna Process where a full academic year is at least 1200 hours over at least 8 months.

Reactions: SJ24

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Citation or link? Rumours and hearsay aren't really helpful. Wouldn't it make more sense to continue the draws and process applications rather than stop altogether and creating a large backlog or missing their immigration target. They may add other requirements when an approved applicant arrives in Canada, such as a medical upon arrival. Covid19 can be tested for pretty quickly.
This guy is just trolling, check his other posts from his profile. I have seen him making similar troll posts in previous ROH threads too.

ABridgy

Mar 3, 2020
Please what time(UTC) is the draw on average on the draw date? So that ild know when to wake up tomorrow

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
It’s quite surprising how some people come in here only to promote negativism. There is something called hope, belief and contentment. just because one fail to make some certain target doesn’t mean they didn’t try to and just because you were able to achieve yours doesn’t mean others are inferior.The world is big and everyone has one thing or the other that they struggling with or will have to struggle for so don’t come in here telling people that they got no hope or they must not hope but work.do your best to achieve anything you crave for in life.Work if you can but don’t kill yourself because of it. Sometimes to give up doesn’t mean one is weak, they just had to do it differently. Don’t kill yourself over anything. Let God take control of what you cannot control. Peace

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hello there,

Since the cut-off has gone up significantly in the last couple of months, let's start a tracker to know what everybody's (on this forum) scores are like. I understand that it's little weird to ask people about their CRS but the reason I want to do this is that IRCC is not releasing the number of candidates between 451 and the cut-off number. Hence, this tracker will help us understand what are the chances that the cut-off will come down so that people who are little far from cut-off scores can try to improve their scores accordingly. I hope it helps everybody.

Thanks

Here's the link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BSU8HyLG7CRr3g8aMJceh_YdptE9N18k095CX2Vq6ZM/edit?usp=sharing

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
It’s quite surprising how some people come in here only to promote negativism. There is something called hope, belief and contentment. just because one fail to make some certain target doesn’t mean they didn’t try to and just because you were able to achieve yours doesn’t mean others are inferior.The world is big and everyone has one thing or the other that they struggling with or will have to struggle for so don’t come in here telling people that they got no hope or they must not hope but work.do your best to achieve anything you crave for in life.Work if you can but don’t kill yourself because of it. Sometimes to give up doesn’t mean one is weak, they just had to do it differently. Don’t kill yourself over anything. Let God take control of what you cannot control. Peace
As far as I have seen, only a few comments have been negative. Like one member who replied something along the lines 'No chance.' to another member who asked if he or she would get an ITA with 460 something in the next few months. I still think working towards increasing your score is the way to go. Also, no one said anything about others being inferior. Again, Express Entry is not a charity for people who want to move to Canada. I am not here to start a debate about theism vs atheism. Yes, I am an atheist but that's exactly why I believe people control their destiny. It is all science and math. If your opinion differs from mine, it is fine. Praying for scores to drop is like praying for coronavirus to just vanish. Realistically speaking, if you work towards boosting your score (like learning french from scratch), you will eventually reach a point where you will be able to boost your points. Tell me what's worse, waiting for points to drop and lose 5 points every year due to your age (assuming you are 30+) and never get an ITA, or working towards boosting your score and have a real chance to boost your score by 30 points, but get an ITA later than never?

English is not my first language, and growing up in a rural Indian town, I did not have any exposure to the language until I became a young adult. I worked towards improving my English and got CLB 10 in my first attempt. A few years ago, it would have been a huge challenge for me to get CLB 5 or 6. I still know people who are hoping for scores to drop and have completely given up the hope of improving their CRS score to get an ITA.

We are not here to argue if someone is inferior or superior to others. As human beings, we all are equal, but in the Express Entry pool, we all are ranked by IRCC. People who best meet their criteria will get more points. It is just the way the system works. I thought these Ray of Hope threads are to encourage people to work hard and keep their hopes up. Not some kind of thread where people pray as a group to bring the score down. The score would come down if there are lesser candidates with 470+ scores since the last draw. Depending upon the draw size, the top n number of candidates get ITAs. For the sake of stability, I really hope the next draw size is also 4500.

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
As far as I have seen, only a few comments have been negative. Like one member who replied something along the lines 'No chance.' to another member who asked if he or she would get an ITA with 460 something in the next few months. I still think working towards increasing your score is the way to go. Also, no one said anything about others being inferior. Again, Express Entry is not a charity for people who want to move to Canada. I am not here to start a debate about theism vs atheism. Yes, I am an atheist but that's exactly why I believe people control their destiny. It is all science and math. If your opinion differs from mine, it is fine. Praying for scores to drop is like praying for coronavirus to just vanish. Realistically speaking, if you work towards boosting your score (like learning french from scratch), you will eventually reach a point where you will be able to boost your points. Tell me what's worse, waiting for points to drop and lose 5 points every year due to your age (assuming you are 30+) and never get an ITA, or working towards boosting your score and have a real chance to boost your score by 30 points, but get an ITA later than never?

English is not my first language, and growing up in a rural Indian town, I did not have any exposure to the language until I became a young adult. I worked towards improving my English and got CLB 10 in my first attempt. A few years ago, it would have been a huge challenge for me to get CLB 5 or 6. I still know people who are hoping for scores to drop and have completely given up the hope of improving their CRS score to get an ITA.

We are not here to argue if someone is inferior or superior to others. As human beings, we all are equal, but in the Express Entry pool, we all are ranked by IRCC. People who best meet their criteria will get more points. It is just the way the system works. I thought these Ray of Hope threads are to encourage people to work hard and keep their hopes up. Not some kind of thread where people pray as a group to bring the score down. The score would come down if there are lesser candidates with 470+ scores since the last draw. Depending upon the draw size, the top n number of candidates get ITAs. For the sake of stability, I really hope the next draw size is also 4500.
Your English is awesome!!!