+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 138th Draw

Saleemasif3088

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Lol, closing your eyes does not make your problems disappear. In fact, getting to know how many candidates are ahead of you will give a better idea of where you stand. If there are many candidates with 470+ scores, the likelihood of lower cut-off is less. If you are panicking because of candidates with better scores than you, then it is your problem, not theirs. Ray of hope threads are supposed to give people real hope, not create a false illusion of safety. Right now, as it stands, any score below 470 is not safe. It is what it is. It could change in the upcoming draws, but please encourage people to boost their scores instead of asking them to wait and hope for the best. You are the only one who can control your destiny. It is pathetic that some candidates are starting to blame candidates with higher scores for their own problems. Nothing is better than a good competition. Honestly, Ray of Hope threads are becoming more of "Rants of Hopeless" because of people who complain without proposing any solutions. I wish you the best, I hope you understand that no one is trying to cause panic here.
My friend, you took it too far. I was just joking. My score was 390, then 458, then 465, then now its above 470. I took IELTS 7 times and these improvements took 2 years. I am sure that all those who are serious about going to canda are already putting their best efforts. But there are guys who have maxed out in every way, so, i think that i have no right to break them by saying that score would not plunge. I know its hard but its quiet a possibilty. No one knows what will happen. Even 472 is unsafe if they held draw after 20 days instead of tomorrow. Or may be that sudden influx of guys with above 470 was one time event due to unknown reason and its about to end. Or may be IRCC launches some other system for CEC candidate. Any thing and every thing is possible. Bro, this is ray of hope and let hope prevail.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
This just in! I heard from a birdie that they will be canceling express entry draws until the coronavirus is under control.
That wouldn’t make much sense. Continue with draws and simply hold the applications until the crisis is under control.

Reactions: |l|R|l|

SJ24

May 2, 2019
Hello everyone.

I had a question with regard to the ECA report that I have detailed below. Any information and feedback is most welcome, thank you in advance.

I had a ECA report from WES with Canadian equivalency of Bachelors (4 years) that I had updated last year in my profile.

Recently, I had applied to WES for an additional degree evaluation and the results are as mentioned below:

Name on credential : XYZ
Credential Authentication : Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential : Post graduate diploma
Year : 2019
Awarded by : XYZ
Major : XYZ

Canadian equivalency : One semester of post secondary study at a non recognized institution.

Remarks : The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

COULD YOU LET ME KNOW AS PER ABOVE DETAILS, IF I FALL UNDER "2 OR MORE CERTIFICATES, DIPLOMAS OR DEGREES. ONE MUST BE FOR A PROGRAM OF 3 YEARS OR MORE"

I am unsure about this and would like to get more clarity before updating my profile from bachelors degree.

Thank you for your help.

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
sry bro but upon checking the list of acceptable titles to claim points for " 2 or more certificates" , yours isnt one of them .

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
oh god...by the time I applied 454 is more than enough

can't believe 470 is not even safe score for now

SJ24

May 2, 2019
sry bro but upon checking the list of acceptable titles to claim points for " 2 or more certificates" , yours isnt one of them .
Thank you for your response. I called WES and I checked with them, they said I fall under "2 or more certificates". Still to reconfirm, I have sent them an email so that I have it on record, for which I am yet to receive a reply.

I would like to get the input of forum members on this regard to understand better. Thank you.

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
oh god...by the time I applied 454 is more than enough

can't believe 470 is not even safe score for now
We had 467 1~1.5 years ago and was WAY more than enough , we decided to chill until now we are trying to boost our score by 4~6 points due to this sudden spike ..

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
Thank you for your response. I called WES and I checked with them, they said I fall under "2 or more certificates". Still to reconfirm, I have sent them an email so that I have it on record, for which I am yet to receive a reply.

I would like to get the input of forum members on this regard to understand better. Thank you.
I'm glad they responded positively ! U will surely benefit fron the extra points .
However I must also advice you to consult the official CIC/CRS website to confirm it further as WES only evaluates but IRCC will provide a more accurate answer.
Fingers crossed and best of luck

Reactions: SJ24

FrankE

Aug 4, 2019
Matching of NOC is quite a big issue but I don’t think yours will be rejected due to the differences.i have however given you a suggestion.are you applying via PNP?
Yeah, Thanks. I signed up today with 1122
I'm applying via Express Entry

Reactions: Issygn

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
This just in! I heard from a birdie that they will be canceling express entry draws until the coronavirus is under control.
Citation or link? Rumours and hearsay aren't really helpful. Wouldn't it make more sense to continue the draws and process applications rather than stop altogether and creating a large backlog or missing their immigration target. They may add other requirements when an approved applicant arrives in Canada, such as a medical upon arrival. Covid19 can be tested for pretty quickly.