+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 138th Draw

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
I am stuck at 464 with no way to improve my score. It's really frustrating that last year my score would've been more than enough (I couldn't apply then because I only achieved 1 year of Canadian work experience in Dec 2019), and now it seems that it's impossible :( my temporary work visa is going to run out in November and I really really don't want to leave Canada! I have a fiancee here but she can't sponsor me because she previously sponsored her ex. Really scared. Hoping and hoping that the score gradually goes down over time.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Very true, people are realizing that cut off is creeping up so everyone is trying to raise their score which is pretty obvious. I started with 457 then wrote ielts then got 468 which was not enough after 2nd week of October 2019 ....then again wrote ielts got 471 and got ITA eventually. But I feel like cut offs will be hovering around 469-475 until FST draw.
Here goes the CEC candidates keeping our CRS scores above 470
Lol!

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
You
I am stuck at 464 with no way to improve my score. It's really frustrating that last year my score would've been more than enough (I couldn't apply then because I only achieved 1 year of Canadian work experience in Dec 2019), and now it seems that it's impossible :( my temporary work visa is going to run out in November and I really really don't want to leave Canada! I have a fiancee here but she can't sponsor me because she previously sponsored her ex. Really scared. Hoping and hoping that the score gradually goes down over time.
we all pray it does plunge.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
All these sudden 470 plus CRS dudes can possibly go to Hawaii or may be Bermudas, relax there some time and then come back to EE
Had enough of them. Many applicants climbed a mountain to get the IELTS done but these new dudes are able to max it out with ease.
The earlier first come first serve method seems to be better lately
But seriously not sure from where only all these new dudes come and make everyone's life hell
Lol, where is your pride in working hard to get a better score? Perhaps, you should learn how to compete with others. Don't blame the candidates who have better scores than you, it is just the way it is. No one is forcing you to come to Canada through Express Entry. Express Entry was created to prioritize SKILLED immigrants over others. Not all immigrants bring in the same value to Canada, so keep working on improving your score instead of driving yourself crazy. Your first official language can either make you or break you. Gone are the days where people with mediocre or poor English can migrate to Canada without PNP. If you have not maxed out on your first language score, retake it until you get full points for it. If you lost points for age, try to get a provincial nomination with years of skilled work experience. There is always a way. Everyone has to make themselves competitive instead of waiting for the scores to drop. Getting PR in Canada is not even half the battle, wait until you land (assuming you are an outland applicant) and try establishing yourself. With the current trend, I may not get an ITA when I qualify for the Canadian Experience Class, but I am not a sore loser. I wish you the best to increase your score.

Reactions: chirkut and Dr Seun

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Have you maxed out on IELTS or CELPIP already? Since you already have a year of Canadian work experience, PNPs may be a good option for you. If you have not received NOIs from any provinces, it is not the end of the world. There are also non-Express Entry PNPs which take like 12-18 months to process, but you apply to the province directly to get a nomination before you submit a paper PR application to IRCC. Once you get an AOR for your paper PR application, you can apply for a bridge open work permit.

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Have you maxed out on IELTS or CELPIP already? Since you already have a year of Canadian work experience, PNPs may be a good option for you. If you have not received NOIs from any provinces, it is not the end of the world. There are also non-Express Entry PNPs which take like 12-18 months to process, but you apply to the province directly to get a nomination before you submit a paper PR application to IRCC. Once you get an AOR for your paper PR application, you can apply for a bridge open work permit.
Yeah, I'm English so I had no problems with CELPIP and got maximum scores. I don't think I qualify for PNP because my job here in Canada is a different NOC code to the job I had in England, and I believe it has to be the same (unless I am mistaken - do you know if that's right?).

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Yeah, I'm English so I had no problems with CELPIP and got maximum scores. I don't think I qualify for PNP because my job here in Canada is a different NOC code to the job I had in England, and I believe it has to be the same (unless I am mistaken - do you know if that's right?).
Good to hear that maxed out on English; it certainly helps to be English :) I am not an expert in PNPs, but you can still try for PNPs with your current NOC code. If you already know a bit of French, it is still not too late to take private French classes to get a decent score in TEF or TCF. I am on the same boat as I already maxed out on IELTS, and I just don't see any other way to increase my score. I guess I will wait and see until I create an Express Entry profile.

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Good to hear that maxed out on English; it certainly helps to be English :) I am not an expert in PNPs, but you can still try for PNPs with your current NOC code. If you already know a bit of French, it is still not too late to take private French classes to get a decent score in TEF or TCF. I am on the same boat as I already maxed out on IELTS, and I just don't see any other way to increase my score. I guess I will wait and see until I create an Express Entry profile.
Do you mind if I ask your crs score?

Dr Seun

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Lol, where is your pride in working hard to get a better score? Perhaps, you should learn how to compete with others. Don't blame the candidates who have better scores than you, it is just the way it is. No one is forcing you to come to Canada through Express Entry. Express Entry was created to prioritize SKILLED immigrants over others. Not all immigrants bring in the same value to Canada, so keep working on improving your score instead of driving yourself crazy. Your first official language can either make you or break you. Gone are the days where people with mediocre or poor English can migrate to Canada without PNP. If you have not maxed out on your first language score, retake it until you get full points for it. If you lost points for age, try to get a provincial nomination with years of skilled work experience. There is always a way. Everyone has to make themselves competitive instead of waiting for the scores to drop. Getting PR in Canada is not even half the battle, wait until you land (assuming you are an outland applicant) and try establishing yourself. With the current trend, I may not get an ITA when I qualify for the Canadian Experience Class, but I am not a sore loser. I wish you the best to increase your score.
I love this write up. Apt! Keep working and fighting for your dream.

Moe.chattha

Dec 4, 2019
I sat for ielts again to max out but unfortinately lost .5 in writing while gained .5 in overall band and other sections either improved or stayed same.. First overall was 8 now its 8.5. Writing went down fro 7.5 to 7. If i update my profile with new score is there any upside or downside to it? Does the overall band increase give me any advantage. Im at CLB9 with crs 467.

Richu1989john

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
I sat for ielts again to max out but unfortinately lost .5 in writing while gained .5 in overall band and other sections either improved or stayed same.. First overall was 8 now its 8.5. Writing went down fro 7.5 to 7. If i update my profile with new score is there any upside or downside to it? Does the overall band increase give me any advantage. Im at CLB9 with crs 467.
Score is not based on your overall band. u max out with L 8.5 , R 8 , W 7.5 , S 7.5. As your writing went down to 7 , u will loose 3 points.

Moe.chattha

Dec 4, 2019
Also, i believe my writing was good enough fir atleast a 7.5...should i go for re-evaluation? Have the ielts ppl ever increased someones score upon re-evaluation. Cuz i dont want to sit for the ielts again..not tuat ut would be hard..its just frustrating. If i sit again it will be the 3rd attempt. Which is simply too much to justify. Id much rather lstart learning french which im actually interested in. So advice needed plz.....re-evaluation of ielts writing or learning french?

Moe.chattha

Dec 4, 2019
Score is not based on your overall band. u max out with L 8.5 , R 8 , W 7.5 , S 7.5. As your writing went down to 7 , u will loose 3 points.
Hmm...thanks for the feedback. I was afraid u were going to say that. I have a lot of unkind words for the examiner right now. Maybe he will be impressed by my diverse cursing vocabulary and give the extra .5.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Also, i believe my writing was good enough fir atleast a 7.5...should i go for re-evaluation? Have the ielts ppl ever increased someones score upon re-evaluation. Cuz i dont want to sit for the ielts again..not tuat ut would be hard..its just frustrating. If i sit again it will be the 3rd attempt. Which is simply too much to justify. Id much rather lstart learning french which im actually interested in. So advice needed plz.....re-evaluation of ielts writing or learning french?
You can go for a re-evaluation if you are sure you did better . To max out, you must not blink in any section . Mine increased after re-evacuation but i still haven’t maxed out but I ain’t giving up until i get an ITA.

ninja314

Feb 26, 2020
My wife and I have been living in USA for past 15 years. Thinking about moving to Canada with the whole H1b. We both took our IELTS and our CRS score is at 464. I know the cut off has been higher lately. Our transcripts are being evaluated at WES. Do we get any points once the transcripts are evaluated? Is there an alternative route besides being hopeful?