+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 137th Draw

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
it all comes down to your ability learning languages, with a weekly dedication anywhere between 5-10 hours/day you should be able to take the French exam in about 6-8 months....
Hi

Did you also learn French from scratch?

Could you please give a description of what the TCF exam structure was like, especially the EE and EO parts. I'm sitting for my test in a few months.

tusharkalra89

Feb 2, 2020
Lets connect buddy. I am planning to redo the IELTS too in other to max out
guess ill have to do the same incase the cut off goes higher than 473 on the 19th...
anyways whats ur previous score and how many times have you attempted to take the test?

kunalkardam

Jan 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Sincerely i must strongly advice that you accept the NOI. I was in your circumstances some months ago and I eventually failed to accept the nomination because i felt my score was good enough. Now i am stuck in the pool with 468 and no more NOI from Ontario after i missed the first now . My only options now are to hope that scores drop before i lose points further or redo the IELTS to max out .
Your advice is much appreciated, I have already sent my documents to ICES for ECA and hoping to get Master's evaluation for my M.Sc. which would increase my score to 471 without maxing out IELTS. Still in a conundrum of whether 471 would be a safe score or not in a few months down the line or to accept what I have at present in the form of OINP.
That makes it certain that if you don't accept the NOI once it doesn't come back again, Am I right on this??

tonmoyd83

Feb 6, 2020
After how many months of studying in a 1 year Master's program can I claim points for it? Some say 8-9 months some say full one year.. Please help with inputs as per Federal rule.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Well........ some people received theirs twice but i guess it all boils down to luck. Secondly, i am having mixed feelings about what the CRS score would be after May when the FST will be held so you got your best shoot now .
Your advice is much appreciated, I have already sent my documents to ICES for ECA and hoping to get Master's evaluation for my M.Sc. which would increase my score to 471 without maxing out IELTS. Still in a conundrum of whether 471 would be a safe score or not in a few months down the line or to accept what I have at present in the form of OINP.
That makes it certain that if you don't accept the NOI once it doesn't come back again, Am I right on this??

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
that is the only problem you know... i mean so close yet so far...hahaha
just dont want to take a bloody chance u know!
I understand. It's a very tough situation - and we can only help so much not knowing specifics of your life.

I would recommend you sit with your family and decide.

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
While nearly 86,000 INDIAN nationals were granted permanent residence in 2019, CHINA was a distant second with 30,000 of its citizens becoming new immigrants to Canada (9 per cent of all of Canada’s newcomers).

now that there is more IELTS EXAMS IN CHINA May the pool size will drop.

pallvi singla

Feb 17, 2020
Hi my name is pallvi and i want to ask a question. i am dentist from india and i did 2 year diploma in canada. so my highest level of education is ..bds ( dentist ) wll count as a professional degree?? becz when i got my wes result on the application, its written first professional degree

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
Hi

Did you also learn French from scratch?

Could you please give a description of what the TCF exam structure was like, especially the EE and EO parts. I'm sitting for my test in a few months.

I did learn French for about 3 years during my university years... But that was 12 years ago!
I had to take a weekly class at the Alliançe Française and sat the exam after a couple of months going to this class (I had no time to loose and work allowed me 2 hours free each week).

I sat the exam in May 2019, I had to ask for a review of the EE, since I got a 9 instead of the needed 10 points to get B2. It took about a month to have a response from France and voilà I got the extra point

All and all it's a more flexible examination in comparison to the IELTS, which is pretty strict and less flexible (I sat the ielts 5 times...)

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
I did learn French for about 3 years during my university years... But that was 12 years ago!
I had to take a weekly class at the Alliançe Française and sat the exam after a couple of months going to this class (I had no time to loose and work allowed me 2 hours free each week).

I sat the exam in May 2019, I had to ask for a review of the EE, since I got a 9 instead of the needed 10 points to get B2. It took about a month to have a response from France and voilà I got the extra point

All and all it's a more flexible examination in comparison to the IELTS, which is pretty strict and less flexible (I sat the ielts 5 times...)
I don't get why your score is 468. Haven't you received 30 extra points for achieving CLB7 in French?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Hi my name is pallvi and i want to ask a question. i am dentist from india and i did 2 year diploma in canada. so my highest level of education is ..bds ( dentist ) wll count as a professional degree?? becz when i got my wes result on the application, its written first professional degree
Do you know the first professional degree is equal to a master's?
If you did not, congratulations; you're in for a treat.

If your report says professional degree, then it is a professional degree.

Reactions: Priyanka2010

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
I'm not sure why people only wanna go to Ontario and ignore the rest of Canada.
I have many friends in Calgary, Winnipeg, Montreal and Saskatoon. They all are going pretty good there in various industries (IT, Banking, Hotel Mgmt, Sales and E-Commerce) and those who say that opportunities are limited in provinces apart from Ontario, I have concrete proofs to show them that there are innumerable opportunities there as well.
Only if people decide to leave Toronto (for gods sake) and explore Canada, they can come to know the real opportunities there. Toronto is already way too much populated and every Tom, Dick, and Harry still wanna head only to Toronto.
If people wanna stay with their relatives or their community, they can do that in their home country as well .
Anyways, glad that PNPs and other programs are there in place to save Toronto from the next wave of Immigrants.

People - Lets all head only to Ontario and flood it back to back
IRCC, ITA, PNPs - Hold my beer

Last edited: