+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 137th Draw

tusharkalra89

Feb 2, 2020
my crs score was 471 with my spouse. i could only get 2 more points if i retook the ielts test and i will be losing 5 points after this draw due to the age factor. now i have removed my wife from the profile and the new score is 473. hope to get through this time.
the only concern is, now that i have removed my wife from the profile, how difficult is it going for me to be able to get her to canada if i get through in this round and that if the canadian authorities would question me doing the same?

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
my crs score was 471 with my spouse. i could only get 2 more points if i retook the ielts test and i will be losing 5 points after this draw due to the age factor. now i have removed my wife from the profile and the new score is 473. hope to get through this time.
the only concern is, now that i have removed my wife from the profile, how difficult is it going for me to be able to get her to canada if i get through in this round and that if the canadian authorities would question me doing the same?
You can explain why you aren't bringing a spouse - even the reason of not enough points is valid, although people have varying reasons. My husband and I immigrated seperately because of personal reasons and both our applications are approved now.

Remember that you still have to do Medicals and PCC for her even if you she is unaccompanying.

Spousal Sponsorship is what you will be doing once you land as a PR. It takes up to one year for this process so you'll have to be apart till then.

kunalkardam

Jan 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Why do you want to do that???. Some People here are struggling to get just one ray of hope, and some of them are declining ITA time and again and rejecting NOI and just creating profile out of fun !
Sorry to say but, If you do not accept when you are given an opportunity, than morally you should not seek for second NOI or ITA.
It is not an ITA but rather an NOI and you are bound to be stuck in a province for at least 2 years where you have no one who you know. Another reason for not accepting the PNP is because you have to pay a fee of 1500 CAD to get the PNP and even then you have to wait for about 3-4 months to get through.
This is a query to which I am seeking an answer and no offense but neither is this a moral science lesson nor are you my moral science teacher. I am at CRS 464 and waiting for my ECA to be evaluated as Master's after which I will be at CRS 471. I am not the kind of person who would create a profile out of fun or to block someone else for an opportunity.
Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Reactions: Kiwi Indian

kunalkardam

Jan 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Nothing is guaranteed... In my opinion it is better to accept it.... You may not have this opportunity again.
I know nothing is guaranteed but don't wanna be stuck in a province where you don't have anyone else whom you know.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I think you should add her and stay at the 471 for this draw. I think 471 would be sufficient for this coming draw. You guys would have to stay apart for approximately 1year if you are going spouse unaccompanying.

rafalh

Feb 16, 2020
If the number of invitations issued increases from 3,500 to 3,600 in March 2020 and they maintain the 2-week intervals, I believe there will be a chance for the cut-off score to drop to 470-471 by 18th March. However, the fact that the minimum score increased to 472 in the last draw is concerning.

abbieh

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
I think you should add her and stay at the 471 for this draw. I think 471 would be sufficient for this coming draw. You guys would have to stay apart for approximately 1year if you are going spouse unaccompanying.
He should weigh his options thoroughly.

I am not being negative, but don’t be too certain that the scores would come down. We don’t have the accurate number of people added to the pool.

My opinion is for him to retake IELTS if he can to max out or apply alone and then sponsor his wife.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019

I am not being negative, but don’t be too certain that the scores would come down. We don’t have the accurate number of people added to the pool.

My opinion is for him to retake IELTS if he can to max out or apply alone and then sponsor his wife.

Exactly there's no guarantee of 471, also they are losing 5 points after this draw. I think they should pro/con the situation and proceed.

tusharkalra89

Feb 2, 2020
You can explain why you aren't bringing a spouse - even the reason of not enough points is valid, although people have varying reasons. My husband and I immigrated seperately because of personal reasons and both our applications are approved now.

Remember that you still have to do Medicals and PCC for her even if you she is unaccompanying.

Spousal Sponsorship is what you will be doing once you land as a PR. It takes up to one year for this process so you'll have to be apart till then.
allright... fair enough... thanks :)

tusharkalra89

Feb 2, 2020
can she stay there on a tourist visa for 179 days or whatever it is... also she was gonna join me after about 6-8 months even if i got the PR with her.. she would have done her paperwork and gone back home to sort things out as we have a business here and a lot of things need to be closed before finally leaving the country..
also i have been waiting for the last two draws since my profile was created.. first the tie breaker and then the 472..... this is my last chance before i lose 5 points and dont want to risk it to be honest....

tusharkalra89

Feb 2, 2020

you know id actually take the IELTS but i got the following score in my second attempt... in my first i got a 6.5 in writing rest all was fine...
second attempt: L-8,R-8.5,W-7.5,S-7.5 now the only way to max it out is if i get a 8.5 in listening... im actually not sure if ill again get a 7.5 in writing to be honest...lol

Reactions: quilleroarg

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Sincerely i must strongly advice that you accept the NOI. I was in your circumstances some months ago and I eventually failed to accept the nomination because i felt my score was good enough. Now i am stuck in the pool with 468 and no more NOI from Ontario after i missed the first now . My only options now are to hope that scores drop before i lose points further or redo the IELTS to max out .
I know nothing is guaranteed but don't wanna be stuck in a province where you don't have anyone else whom you know.

Reactions: tusharkalra89

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Lets connect buddy. I am planning to redo the IELTS too in other to max out
you know id actually take the IELTS but i got the following score in my second attempt... in my first i got a 6.5 in writing rest all was fine...
second attempt: L-8,R-8.5,W-7.5,S-7.5 now the only way to max it out is if i get a 8.5 in listening... im actually not sure if ill again get a 7.5 in writing to be honest...lol