+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 137th Draw

abbieh

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
Yes. It is not impossible. I learnt in 6months and prepared for TEF in the 7th month. I have ITA and about to submit application. With top quality/premium dedication, you can learn french and pass.
Yes. It is not impossible. I learnt in 6months and prepared for TEF in the 7th month. I have ITA and about to submit application. With top quality/premium dedication, you can learn french and pass.

Good Evening Dayo,

Can you recommend any tutorial Centre here in Nigeria?

I am determined to start and ace French.

abbieh

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
Here is the Canadian official data on international students enrollment:
Source: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/181128/dq181128c-eng.htm

Every single one of these students will have PGWP and CRS of 480+.
So the increase of the EE cutline should be well-expected.

By the way, the international student count increased 40% in 2018 and 30% in 2019, and they are not even displayed in this picture.
Go figure.

I get you and I appreciate your breakdown.

I am already looking at French to increase my score but don’t you think the release of the IELTS results on the 24th and 31st of JAN also affected the scores?

I also have 3 extra points to get from IELTS if I max out

What do you think I should do? Should I retake IELTS or just focus fully on French.

I am currently at 471

XSY_ghostlike

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
I get you and I appreciate your breakdown.

I am already looking at French to increase my score but don’t you think the release of the IELTS results on the 24th and 31st of JAN also affected the scores?

I also have 3 extra points to get from IELTS if I max out

What do you think I should do? Should I retake IELTS or just focus fully on French.

I am currently at 471
474 should be a very safe score, learning a new language is just much harder than improve English writing (I assume it is writing, right?) from CLB 9 to 10. So I think you should give IELTS another shot.

I was talking about the long-term tendency of the cutline. For this particular sharp increase, IELTS releasing timing is certainly a contributing factor.

YiHello

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Visa Office......
Sydney
Source: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/181128/dq181128c-eng.htm

By the way, the international student count increased 40% in 2018 and 30% in 2019, and they are not even displayed in this picture.
Go figure.
That is true. Most of my classmates are easy to get 475+ with one year work experience. My IELTS grades are really bad so I am only 470. Only 6 on listening.

NvzooTor

May 30, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-04-2019
AOR Received.
June 1, 2019
Med's Done....
July 10, 2109
Passport Req..
December 6, 2019
LANDED..........
January 17, 2020

Go figure.
First, not all students are willing to stay. Second, not all of them will manage to stay Last (not the least, actually the most important one) vast majority of students don't have any prior work experience and their score won't be that high. At least I wouldn't say "every single one"

tang205k

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-05-2020
Med's Done....
09-07-2020
That is true. Most of my classmates are easy to get 475+ with one year work experience. My IELTS grades are really bad so I am only 470. Only 6 on listening.
You have some really high quality classmates lol. With a bachelor degree, one year experience and max IELTS score you can only get a max CRS of 474. Unless you are talking Canadian master degrees and oversea experience...

abbieh

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
474 should be a very safe score, learning a new language is just much harder than improve English writing (I assume it is writing, right?) from CLB 9 to 10. So I think you should give IELTS another shot.

I was talking about the long-term tendency of the cutline. For this particular sharp increase, IELTS releasing timing is certainly a contributing factor.

It is the writing module and I need to max out on. I had LRWS//8.5,8.5,7,7.5 at the last exam.

Do you think the score might reduce by the next draw?

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
I started learning in Oct 2019.

I've mostly been reading and listening but not enough speaking & writing.

This is my first writing sample. I hope that I can be able to advance enough to score B2 in all 4 parts of the test.

Salut Paul,

Je vous écrivez pour dites-vous à propos mes vacances à Londres.

J’ai profiter le temps parce que Londres est une très belle ville.

Tout d’abord, J’ai visiter de musée d’histoire national. C’était un très grand musée avec beaucoup de choses intéressant.

Ensuite, je suis allée au restaurant et j’ai mangé un repas très délicieux. Le restaurant était à côté de parc. Ainsi, j’ai décider visiter de parc pour 30 minutes.

Dans le parc, j’ai couru avec les autres gens. C’était un parc très magnifique.

Finalement, j’ai rentrer à ma maison et j’ai douché. Ensuite, j’ai regarder le télévision jusqu’à jai fatiguée. J’ai dormir jusqua le matin dernier.

XSY_ghostlike

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
It is the writing module and I need to max out on. I had LRWS//8.5,8.5,7,7.5 at the last exam.

Do you think the score might reduce by the next draw?
Hard to say, next draw should be 471-472.
If the ITA increase to 3600, then 471 still have significant chances.

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
How many hours daily did you study for?
And how many days per week.

How did you overcome understanding spoken French? I've been listening to a lot of RFI, France24, YouTube videos etc but I can only understand about 30% of what is being said & it's causing me to feel discouraged. Any helpful tips or strategies will be highly appreciated.

tang205k

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-05-2020
Med's Done....
09-07-2020
why is my post "awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

ashley95

Jan 22, 2020
I actually saw hope because of the tie break rule, it's said Jan 30, 2020, which means people who get in pool before Jan 30th with higscore above 472 are ALL gone!

tang205k

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-05-2020
Med's Done....
09-07-2020
I actually saw hope because of the tie break rule, it's said Jan 30, 2020, which means people who get in pool before Jan 30th with higscore above 472 are ALL gone!
How many candidates joined the pool with or updated score to exactly 472 after Jan 30 till today do you think there are?