+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 137th Draw

p.ghasemi

Nov 27, 2019
Oran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I'm also in the same boat, sitting at 493 the system gave me for apparently 2 years Canadian work experience even though I'm on 1 year and 10 months...
Please withdraw your profile until your 2 years are fully completed. as you are burning the ITAs. it is a kind of selfish practice, and you are going to Decline ITAs that are sent to you for all next 2 months. So please be more considerate and create your profile only if you are able to accept your ITA!!!!

Togrol

Feb 8, 2020
the total number of applicants with 451+ has been increasing steadily and even in the last draw, it has been increased in the same previous pace but since the gap between the 135 and 136 draw breakdown time is 11 days (not 14 days) the numbers look like that joining rate of candidates has been diminished which is not true.

The main point is the number of people with CRS score 472+ (but less than 600) that have joined the pool. In my opinion, in Draw 135, small portion of the ITA issued for people with CRS 471 since the tie break was 6 May 2019 and I believe that from 2622 ITA ( in the range of 451-600) on 22 Jan (Draw 135), 2600 of them were 472+( but less than 600). So in 5 weeks( from 19 Dec to 22 Jan) just 2600 people were added with CRS 472+(but less than 600), but in the next 2 weeks, 3061 people( and even more) with CRS score of 472+(but less than 600) joined the pool. How is this normal? This cannot be formulated. This is not something rock solid to predict the next draws based on. This shows that all predictions are absurd and the only thing that matters are the number of people joining the pool. It may be like the 5 weeks of slow joining rate of January or fast pace of February. What is going to happen next is totally based on people joining the pool. So based on these calculations, the CRS may drop to 470 or even 468 in the upcoming draws or may rise if more people are joining the pool with high CRS scores.

Just remember that in 5 weeks ending 20 of January just 2600 with CRS score of 472+( but less than 600) joined the pool but in the next 2 weeks 3061 people (and even more) joined the pool.
any comments? disagreements?

Reactions: Visavie

killeengao

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Please withdraw your profile until your 2 years are fully completed. as you are burning the ITAs. it is a kind of selfish practice, and you are going to Decline ITAs that are sent to you for all next 2 months. So please be more considerate and create your profile only if you are able to accept your ITA!!!!
You should go suggest IRCC to specify date to date. Users have rights to create profiles and they are not meant to claim that points of a ‘wrong’ work experience.

Reactions: NvzooTor

abbieh

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
the total number of applicants with 451+ has been increasing steadily and even in the last draw, it has been increased in the same previous pace but since the gap between the 135 and 136 draw breakdown time is 11 days (not 14 days) the numbers look like that joining rate of candidates has been diminished which is not true.

The main point is the number of people with CRS score 472+ (but less than 600) that have joined the pool. In my opinion, in Draw 135, small portion of the ITA issued for people with CRS 471 since the tie break was 6 May 2019 and I believe that from 2622 ITA ( in the range of 451-600) on 22 Jan (Draw 135), 2600 of them were 472+( but less than 600). So in 5 weeks( from 19 Dec to 22 Jan) just 2600 people were added with CRS 472+(but less than 600), but in the next 2 weeks, 3061 people( and even more) with CRS score of 472+(but less than 600) joined the pool. How is this normal? This cannot be formulated. This is not something rock solid to predict the next draws based on. This shows that all predictions are absurd and the only thing that matters are the number of people joining the pool. It may be like the 5 weeks of slow joining rate of January or fast pace of February. What is going to happen next is totally based on people joining the pool. So based on these calculations, the CRS may drop to 470 or even 468 in the upcoming draws or may rise if more people are joining the pool with high CRS scores.

Just remember that in 5 weeks ending 20 of January just 2600 with CRS score of 472+( but less than 600) joined the pool but in the next 2 weeks 3061 people (and even more) joined the pool.

Super confused with your analysis.

I just wish something can be done to favour those in the 460’s.(Maybe like a back to back or increased draw size to 3900)

Many have spent a lot of money just to increase their scores but it seems the closer one gets, the farther the Crs score.

At this point we can only try as much as we can to increase our scores while we wait on the next draw.

Reactions: usagi17

Togrol

Feb 8, 2020
Super confused with your analysis.

I just wish something can be done to favour those in the 460’s.(Maybe like a back to back or increased draw size to 3900)

Many have spent a lot of money just to increase their scores but it seems the closer one gets, the farther the Crs score.

At this point we can only try as much as we can to increase our scores while we wait on the next draw.
see this. it may help
https://imgur.com/oggmaJQ

asksharelearn

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
You should go suggest IRCC to specify date to date. Users have rights to create profiles and they are not meant to claim that points of a ‘wrong’ work experience.
:) Everyone has the right to keep their water faucets turned on doesnt mean they can go waste resources others could use. People could have the conscience to withdraw their profile if they are going to get great scores in a couple of months and let others use them when they can. Unless they believe tie-breakers could hurt their ITA chances. 475+ is not definitely going to get crushed because of tie-breakers for at least a few more months until the scores really start going beyond. I am guessing at least 2 - 3% of profiles should be like this. That should mean at least 100 people who could have used their ITAs.

IRCC is not going to listen, at least people here could listen and maybe do their bit. I mean, not everybody is going to withdraw, but that was not such a bad request. You know there could be people who would be loosing on age factor everyday. If your score is going to increase in a couple of months why not think like this and help those whose scores are going to decrease everyday.

bahariesmoon88

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Nassau, Bahamas
Hello!

My score is 460 so I applied for a MBA program from TRU. I was just rejected because they said I didn’t meet the 3.00 requirement out of 4.33 academic requirement. But base on my calculations I have 3.21 out of 4.33. Could someone help me calculate my GPA please?

All my courses were three credit hours. I have A+(1), B-(3), C+(3), C-(1), B(4), A(6) A-(2)

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020

Just remember that in 5 weeks ending 20 of January just 2600 with a CRS score of 472+( but less than 600) joined the pool but in the next 2 weeks 3061 people (and even more) joined the pool.
Dude, I agree with you. That's exactly what I said earlier in the forum. Data indicates 3061 candidates with scores of 472+ but below 600 have either joined the pool or improved their scores since the last draw. I don't think there's any point in looking at 451-600 because the number of candidates with scores above the cut-off score (for example, 472) but below 600 is really what matters now. No one cares if the 451-600 pool increases to 60,000 but most candidates have scores below 470. They are simply not going to get ITAs until people ahead of them get ITAs. That's how the system works.

Many forgot how Express Entry works, it invites 'n' number of top-ranked candidates every 2 weeks (more or less) and the cut-off score shown is the score of the lowest ranking candidate. So, if CIC issues 3600 ITAs with a cut-off score of 470, 470 is the score of the person with the rank of 3600. Looking at the recent data, I would rather work hard to increase my score than hoping for people to not compete with you. Language skills matter a lot, and it can be the difference between getting an ITA and not getting one forever. The following is the list of the hypothetical scores I might have had based on my profile and CLB level:

CLB 5 - 342
CLB 6 - 354
CLB 7 - 411
CLB 8 - 435
CLB 9 - 467
CLB 10 (my current level) - 479

As I said, even the difference between CLB 9 and CLB 10 is significant. CLB 8 is considered decent, but see how hopeless I would have been if I had scored CLB 8. With a score of 435, my only options would have been PNPs.

My English used to be around CLB 5 or 6 a few years around as I grew up in a rural town in India. They barely spoke any English there and when I moved to a city, I was bullied for my poor English. I made a conscious effort to improve it and I ended up getting CLB 10 in my first attempt. So, if you are someone who is hoping for scores to come down without working on your language, you have the wrong attitude.

abbieh

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
Any prediction for next draw? At 471, but loosing 5 points on March 1st week!

I don’t know what the CrS would be at the next draw,but I’m quite sure that the draw size would remain 3,500.

The draw sizes remain the same through out the month.

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
Oh I just realized my 2 year working experience will be fully counted until 22nd Feb (Saturday). But the next draw might happen on 19th Feb (Wednesday). Should I accept the ITA at that time since there are only 2 working days different?

abbieh

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
Oh I just realized my 2 year working experience will be fully counted until 22nd Feb (Saturday). But the next draw might happen on 19th Feb (Wednesday). Should I accept the ITA at that time since there are only 2 working days different?

I am sure you already know the answer to this.

Let your application at every point in time be a reflection of your true position.

If you do not have two years of work experience then it shouldn’t be reflecting two years in your profile.

#mytwocents

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
The system gave me 481 points based on 3 years of foreign work experience, but I'm actually sitting at 2 years and 10 months now. Should I decline my ITA till I actually reach 3 years of work experience?
Hey you will be fine. You have 60 days to submit your documents. Gather all documents and submit it on after 50 days