+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 136th Draw

Ramsha Bukhari

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
but if he chooses to drop her now from her application I think he has to provide a legitimate reason for her not accompanying.

what reason he can give?

asking coz I am also in the same boat.
There can be many reasons as in she is working back in home country or something.Its not that people do not do it.My friend got PR without spouse and when asked he honestly mentioned the reason that he doesn't want to relocate his whole family without being sure of his financial condition in the new country and this was accepted.Besides, bottom line is always the funds and CIC makes sure that a person who is married shows enough POF even if the spouse is non-accompanying so dropping spouse just to get ITA is not something illegal or wrong.

Reactions: Fantastica

Ramsha Bukhari

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
I can be wrong here but i don't see the reason why people say you will regret later about dropping your spouse to get ITA, when you can easily sponsor your spouse in a matter of a year.CIC doesn't even put a minimum earning bar for sponsoring the spouse so why is some extra documentation such a big deal.It obviously makes sense if your spouse doesn't agree on non-accompanying status but if it is workable for both of you and you are just waiting for CRS to drop, i think that is not a very wise plan.

Reactions: Fantastica

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
There can be many reasons as in she is working back in home country or something.Its not that people do not do it.My friend got PR without spouse and when asked he honestly mentioned the reason that he doesn't want to relocate his whole family without being sure of his financial condition in the new country and this was accepted.Besides, bottom line is always the funds and CIC makes sure that a person who is married shows enough POF even if the spouse is non-accompanying so dropping spouse just to get ITA is not something illegal or wrong.

Drop carry Drop carry ,

Come on Guys! Leave em alone.

You people seem more concerned than even them :)

Reactions: Priyanka2010

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
How come people are getting higher points with "spouse non accompanying" and I am losing 5 points if I delete him from my profile! I am CLB 10, 3 yrs experience, masters.

psawardekar

Jan 20, 2020
Dont drop your wife wait this draw to see if score come down 2 point so you stand a great chance in one or two draw so be patient and don't do something you ll regret it after
tis seems to be the most sensible solution.. will wait for today's draw n probably next one.. in the meantime, she will study again for IELTS n answer on 21st march if required. if she gets CLB 9 , our combined score goes up to 472.
currently her score is l= 7.5, r=6.5, s=6.0 w= 7.0 she's got diploma plus bachelors in computers with 4 yrs of experience.. only thing that keeps her down is her IELTS score which she doesn't want to answer again!
thanks for helping us decide

Rex1984

Feb 5, 2020
Esteemed members, I will be loosing 5 points in March, currently I have 467 points. Whether I stand chance to receive PR

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
tis seems to be the most sensible solution.. will wait for today's draw n probably next one.. in the meantime, she will study again for IELTS n answer on 21st march if required. if she gets CLB 9 , our combined score goes up to 472.
currently her score is l= 7.5, r=6.5, s=6.0 w= 7.0 she's got diploma plus bachelors in computers with 4 yrs of experience.. only thing that keeps her down is her IELTS score which she doesn't want to answer again!
thanks for helping us decide

I was gonna suggest the same. Wait 1-2 draws. Meanwhile try to max out your guys' IELTS. 472 is a fantastic score if she can make it. Plenty of resources and she just needs to hunker down and study.

Think about it - only 3-4 weeks of studying vs staying apart for a year and other complications? It's a very easy decision IMO