+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 136th Draw

asksharelearn

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Hello guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me with this:

Scenario 1: I have enough work experience in Canada to get a score of 473.

Scenario 2: If i add my experience In India with my first company (for 2 year 5 months) and 2nd company(for 6 months) score will be 511.

The first company from India have given me a reference letter but i'm not a 100% confident with it and there is absolutely no way that I will get the letter from the second company.

Do you guys think I Should or Should not claim the points for my Indian experience?

Will there be any problem if I do not claim the points for my Indian experience and end up giving them my employment details in India once/if I get the invitation that would be required to do so while mentioning it in the timeline?

Thanks in advance guys.
I think with 473 you are bound to get in on the very next draw if you are in the pool. Why would you want to risk it with a scenario where you are doubtful.

Reactions: liviero05

NvzooTor

May 30, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-04-2019
AOR Received.
June 1, 2019
Med's Done....
July 10, 2109
Passport Req..
December 6, 2019
LANDED..........
January 17, 2020
Hello guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me with this:

Scenario 1: I have enough work experience in Canada to get a score of 473.

Scenario 2: If i add my experience In India with my first company (for 2 year 5 months) and 2nd company(for 6 months) score will be 511.

The first company from India have given me a reference letter but i'm not a 100% confident with it and there is absolutely no way that I will get the letter from the second company.

Do you guys think I Should or Should not claim the points for my Indian experience?

Will there be any problem if I do not claim the points for my Indian experience and end up giving them my employment details in India once/if I get the invitation that would be required to do so while mentioning it in the timeline?

Thanks in advance guys.
CIC won't reject your application if reference letter is not correct. They will simply recalculate your points without mentioned experience. And only if your new score will be lower than minimum score for that specific draw your application can be rejected. For example, next CRS is 469. You have 511 and both letters are wrong. In this case your new score is 473, no issue, still eligible. But. I do believe that the less paperwork you provide the easier/faster your case will be. However, processing time is absolutely, 200%, impossible to predict.

Last edited:
Reactions: liviero05

liviero05

Jul 30, 2016
I think with 473 you are bound to get in on the very next draw if you are in the pool. Why would you want to risk it with a scenario where you are doubtful.
Thanks.

But lets say a possibility arises in which were cut-off never comes down to 473( I sincerely hope and pray thats not the case) Is it be possible for me to go back and add my Indian work experience later?

IRCCExpress

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
Thanks.

But lets say a possibility arises in which were cut-off never comes down to 473( I sincerely hope and pray thats not the case) Is it be possible for me to go back and add my Indian work experience later?
I believe until your profile is active you can edit as much as you want. It will be same as what it is right now, which is not invited. So we have one year for the profile to be accepted and then create a new one. Simple as that.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
CIC won't reject your application if reference letter is not correct. They will simply recalculate your points without mentioned experience. And only if your new score will be lower than minimum score for that specific draw your application can be rejected. For example, next CRS is 469. You have 511 and both letters are wrong. In this case your new score is 473, no issue, still eligible. But. I do believe that the less paperwork you provide the easier/faster your case will be. However, processing time is absolutely, 200%, impossible to predict.
They actually use the cutoff from the draw in which you got the ITA, not the most recent cutoff. So in your example, if you got the ITA when cutoff was 470 you will be alright. If you got the ITA when cutoff was 474 you application will be denied.

Tanvirk

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Any of the prediction gurus, what will be the cutoff of in case of 7000 or 7200 ITAs in Feb draws?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I hope you got what you wanted! I am still waiting. Hopefully I get it today as planned
I am still months away from creating a profile. The only program that I qualify for is the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program as it exempts International students from meeting the minimum requirement of 1 year work experience. Come May, I will have a year of Canadian experience and the projected CRS score is 479 with more than CLB 10 in IELTS (maxed out) and two certificates (Bachelor's degree + two-year college certificate). Not sure if 479 will be enough then, but I wish the best for you!

ash_diaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
guys I need to clarify something. I created an EE profile this morning and then I signed up for a job bank profile using the EE profile number and job seeker validation code. Is this all I need to do to be active in the pool or am I missing something ? also, the current status of my application is "submitted". I read somewhere that it should be changed to "Open" or something ? if so, how long does it take to update the status ? Please let me know if I have missed something. Many thanks !

tani90

Jan 8, 2020
Hi. I've applied for it but the transcripts haven't been posted by the university yet. After receiving them, the process should be completed in next 3 months latest. Unlike WES, every other agency usually gives a master's equivalency for an Indian master's degree. IQAS is a well known example, but they're on a hiatus from Nov to May (May 19, 2020 to be exact).

You have to scan the front and back of all the documents related to the credentials you are assessing, and upload them to the placeholders provided. You need not send anything from your side. The university needs to send the transcripts from their end. That's all.
Thanks a lot for replying. I have a another query. Since, ICES accepts both post and email acceptance of Transcripts from the university which one should be preferred ? Also if email is preferred, should I ask my university to keep anything in mind while sending the "final email" or will simply sending the transcripts work ?

tani90

Jan 8, 2020
Hi. I've applied for it but the transcripts haven't been posted by the university yet. After receiving them, the process should be completed in next 3 months latest. Unlike WES, every other agency usually gives a master's equivalency for an Indian master's degree. IQAS is a well known example, but they're on a hiatus from Nov to May (May 19, 2020 to be exact).
You have to scan the front and back of all the documents related to the credentials you are assessing, and upload them to the placeholders provided. You need not send anything from your side. The university needs to send the transcripts from their end. That's all.
Yes, I did hear about IQAS as that was my first preference after WES. I wish I knew about other bodies before going for WES. Wasted precious 5 months with no positive assessment from them. Keeping my fingers crossed for ICES.

Visavie

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
I am still months away from creating a profile. The only program that I qualify for is the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program as it exempts International students from meeting the minimum requirement of 1 year work experience. Come May, I will have a year of Canadian experience and the projected CRS score is 479 with more than CLB 10 in IELTS (maxed out) and two certificates (Bachelor's degree + two-year college certificate). Not sure if 479 will be enough then, but I wish the best for you!
Thank you! I think you'll be more than fine with 479 in 2020

Reactions: indianstudent96

sesanelect

Jan 31, 2020
Please guys, I need clarification on my PoF; I have an investment with a registered cooperative society and also have a growing monthly savings with them. The cooperative society is registered in Nigeria with ministry of trade and commerce. Now for my proof of fund;
(1) I intend to provide my bank account statement which shows my monthly transfer and investment transfer to the cooperative account.
(2) I also met with the management of the cooperative society who agreed to get me my cooperative savings and investment account statement with a letter of proof of fund which I intend to use
(3) I also want to request for a month statement of cooperative corporate bank account with a gtbank backed with a letter of proof of fund for their corporate account. and attach too
While reading about acceptable proof of fund, I read about mutual fund, Is cooperative society fund a mutual fund and from your experience, will a statement of proof of fund from a registered cooperative society be honored while I back it up with my salary bank account statement of my monthly transfer to that cooperative account