+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 136th Draw

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I can’t decide if I should enter my LMIA in to EE now or wait. It would make me jump to 500 points. But what if something claimed in EE is not accepted during processing, and I lose points? I could fall back to 450, which is where I am sitting now, without the LMIA

Do I want to wait and see if points fall?
Or should I just dive right in and see if I sink or swim? I have a Fresh new two year work permit so I know I’m good to stay that time. Also, my EE profile expires 1st half of may.

ok, hyperventilating, need a paper bag. GAH!

liviero05

Jul 30, 2016
I'm finding it very difficult to get my experience letter from my home country. But I think I would be okay without it for now And I'm planning to create my EE profile

But if it is required in future to get to a particular score, would i be able to add it later on to my EE profile?

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
I'm finding it very difficult to get my experience letter from my home country. But I think I would be okay without it for now And I'm planning to create my EE profile

But if it is required in future to get to a particular score, would i be able to add it later on to my EE profile?
You don’t have to add an experience letter to your EE profile, however this will be required after you get the ITA, with full details of job roles and responsibilities if you’re claiming points for this.

Reactions: sam1994

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
I can’t decide if I should enter my LMIA in to EE now or wait. It would make me jump to 500 points. But what if something claimed in EE is not accepted during processing, and I lose points? I could fall back to 450, which is where I am sitting now, without the LMIA

Or should I just dive right in and see if I sink or swim? I have a Fresh new two year work permit so I know I’m good to stay that time. Also, my EE profile expires 1st half of may.

The main additional document needed to claim the points for job offer is letter from employer which includes the wording that they will employ you for one year after you receive the PR. If your employer is willing to give you such a letter then please go for it. It is almost for sure that the cutoff will not go to 450 again unless there is some major change to the way points are awarded

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015

Is there anything in your application that is not likely to be accepted? Cutoff is not going to drop to 450 any time soon.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
The main additional document needed to claim the points for job offer is letter from employer which includes the wording that they will employ you for one year after you receive the PR. If your employer is willing to give you such a letter then please go for it. It is almost for sure that the cutoff will not go to 450 again unless there is some major change to the way points are awarded
I have that. Job contract signed. My LMIA is dual and work permit is closed to that employer. So I’m not concerned about losing those 50 points. It’s other points.

However, I did study French for 4 years way back, and I was good enough to hold basic conversations. I’m good at self studies. Probably will make a trip to the library and check out some French study books and see if I can brush up on it enough to pass a test.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
You never know, right? I’m a “what if” person. I see worst case scenarios in everything, and always need a backup plan.
you actually do if you are talking about documents. Meticulously go through all documents, making sure everything is in place. That's the whole pt of documentation. If you talking about the CRS, it could drop to 440 someday for all you know.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
you actually do if you are talking about documents. Meticulously go through all documents, making sure everything is in place. That's the whole pt of documentation. If you talking about the CRS, it could drop to 440 someday for all you know.
There are several cases on this board with people who have had their applications rejected, for precisely that reason. What we expect to be valid, may not be accepted by IRCC.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
There are several cases on this board with people who have had their applications rejected, for precisely that reason. What we expect to be valid, may not be accepted by IRCC.
there's a reason you research and go through your own docs a million times. I did that. Nothing was rejected. In cases where I knew there was a gap like not having salary on experience letter, I attached salary slips. Slight name mismatch between documents? Added a name affidavit.

My tone may seem arrogant and cocksure, but I have seen too many posts here where people make silly mistakes, and then whinge endlessly.

Last edited:
Reactions: tony87 and Melchett

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
You have to calculate the full time equivalency of your work (full time for EE being 30hours/week). If your hours were 24, then 24/30=4/5...so your full time experience will be considered 4/5*24 months for 2years and so on.

You only need this for your letter of experience. Otherwise the system calculates it by itself. Doesnt need to be 3yrs continuous.

As for the last part, I am not quiet sure.
Thank you for helping .