+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 136th Draw

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Shouldn’t all those 471 pointers have been cleared in the last December’s round? Sorry if I’m being annoying, I’m a bit new to all this. I’m currently at 471 myself. So close but still seems so far.
Reasons probably why the tie-breaker was May 9 2019:

1. There was a huge influx of students going to Canada 2014 onwards. These have now graduated and obtained Post Study Work Permits. Their Canadian education and work experience are fetching higher points to add to CRS. Even if they had created a profile last year, completing an additional year of work in Canada could have fetched then an additional 25 points on their CRS.
  2. The number of PNPs issued last year has been higher than the year before. These applicants have started to get points awarded towards their CRS recently.
  3. More awareness of the Canadian Immigration system amongst the educated and skilled youth have increased the inflow 450+

If you compare the table published today vs the one published on Jan 8 2020, you will see that the number of applicants in pool between the score of 400 -450 has dropped. The highest probability relates to point 1 and point 2 explained above.

Based on these reasons it is possible that the trend may continue.

I do not intend to demotivate anyone and I really wish that the CRS cut- offs drops in the coming draws.

Reactions: sam1994

slayyy

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Reasons probably why the tie-breaker was May 9 2019:

1. There was a huge influx of students going to Canada 2014 onwards. These have now graduated and obtained Post Study Work Permits. Their Canadian education and work experience are fetching higher points to add to CRS. Even if they had created a profile last year, completing an additional year of work in Canada could have fetched then an additional 25 points on their CRS.
  2. The number of PNPs issued last year has been higher than the year before. These applicants have started to get points awarded towards their CRS recently.
  3. More awareness of the Canadian Immigration system amongst the educated and skilled youth have increased the inflow 450+

If you compare the table published today vs the one published on Jan 8 2020, you will see that the number of applicants in pool between the score of 400 -450 has dropped. The highest probability relates to point 1 and point 2 explained above.

Based on these reasons it is possible that the trend may continue.

I do not intend to demotivate anyone and I really wish that the CRS cut- offs drops in the coming draws.
That’s just a general assumption which you’ve mentioned in other pages quite a few times, which is perfectly understandable. But I’m still a bit curious about the cut off date being back in May...

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Shouldn’t all those 471 pointers have been cleared in the last December’s round? Sorry if I’m being annoying, I’m a bit new to all this. I’m currently at 471 myself. So close but still seems so far.
I believe the cut-off is the date you create your EE file rather than the date you reach the score. So maybe some guys created their files back in May and managed to increase their scores to 471 during the next months so they got picked before those who just entered the pool.

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
That’s just a general assumption which you’ve mentioned in other pages quite a few times, which is perfectly understandable. But I’m still a bit curious about the cut off date being back in May...
Completely agree. If you have drawn out a better analysis or have an expert opinion from someone, feel free to share with us. Thanks :)

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Based on the pattern of the last years, there ought to be a draw on Jan. 29th.
To all that I know of IRCC comes up with an additional draw when it’s least expected and likewise they skip a draw or come up with an FST draw which is as good as skipping a draw. Thus I’m not expecting this one right now. While I really wish a B2B draw happens next week. I just don’t want to keep my hopes high and then feel disheartened.

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Hello Everyone,

One quick question!

I made my SINP profile last year september. And it was a basic 3 page application that gave me 70 points and i submitted my EoI. I have been regulary checking my applictaion but there has been no notification.

Today all of a sudden i have the option of 'Completing your profile' with like 20 forms (ethical conduct form, passport, experience form, etc, etc.)

Is that normal ?
You have received an ITA. Check the notification tab and download the letter. You have two months to upload all your documents from the date of ITA so figure out your application deadline date. Good luck!

abbieh

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
I
I understand your fear.

I lost out yesterday because of tie breaker but I am hopeful that the next draw comes down by at least one point

abbieh

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
Can someone at least help with the next draw prediction(Feb 5) as I don’t want to hope on a draw next week?

Thank you

Jasiko

Jan 6, 2020
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
Listening 8 Reading 8 Writing 7 Speaking 7
I am stuck with 460, how many of you are with this score?

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Today is my birthday and from 462 it has dropped to 456.

What a birthday present!

Now I have "zero" hope.