Jan 22, 2020
South Africa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2019
IELTS Request
29-06-2019
Lets not also forget people said the following :
- There wont be back to back draw in December 2019, yet it happened.
- Scores will be 480+ after christmas break yet it was only 473

I think by now people need to realize that all you can do is try your best and wait and see what happens
Yes I agree! We can predict all we want, but we will never know for sure and people make it worse than it is. I am not being overly optimistic, just think some make it sounds like they are never going to make it and it's usually the ones sitting above 470.

Reactions: sam1994

LizelleW

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
South Africa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2019
IELTS Request
29-06-2019
Historically, it seems when there is a B2B draw, the points drop by 4/5 points minimum. Do people predict the same if there is one again next week?

I know this all theoretical but have to keep hope while also making a backup plan!
That would be amazing!

Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018
I know why I am saying this. I have been studying here for 3 years now and things have changed drastically. The process is unnecessarily expensive, the points you need to get are almost unachievable at least for the federal visa. They are adamant on pushing migrants to the regional areas which are grossly underdeveloped. I have seen many people's dreams crushed here. I am only here because I have received scholarships for my studies. Unless you are transferring from a multi-national organisation, it does not make any sense. There are thousands of people in the pool right now who meet the minimum requirements of 65, yet they only choose a few hundred people at a time with scores of 95 and above. All of the other invitations are spousal visas, family reunion or visas for the regional areas.
Wow, so bleak and cynical. It sounds as if people who are coming to Canada are like bison running off a cliff to their doom.

Canada has a robust and transparent immigration system that's fairly efficient and affordable enough. They also don't ask you to go live in some rural area (like Australia does), or bend over backwards just to stay temporarily (like the US). They are also extremely generous when it comes to residency and citizenship requirements. Give me an example of one thing they do or ask that's unreasonable, illogical or not beneficial to the country economically.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
I guess you’re into IT

WES has done the same with me. Evaluated my Masters as a 3 year bachelors degree. I don’t understand how do they come up with this. Anyway you have some hopes with PNP and I’m positive your profile will be picked up soon, due to a huge demand for tech talents, ON and BC plan frequent draws on this one.

I might consider to get my Masters assessed through CES so it can boost my CRS by 7 points. Reappearing for IELTS is another option to add 3 more. But all of this is frustrating and unfortunately I don’t feel like putting any efforts on these anymore, that’s why I’ve been procrastinating.
Does WES recognize 2 yrs Masters Degree from US equivalent to 2years Canada Masters degree?

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Wow, so bleak and cynical. It sounds as if people who are coming to Canada are like bison running off a cliff to their doom.

Canada has a robust and transparent immigration system that's fairly efficient and affordable enough. They also don't ask you to go live in some rural area (like Australia does), or bend over backwards just to stay temporarily (like the US). They are also extremely generous when it comes to residency and citizenship requirements. Give me an example of one thing they do or ask that's unreasonable, illogical or not beneficial to the country economically.
So true man! I only have experience with the Australian 189 and Canada WP & PR application but I can say with 100% certainty that the Canadian Immigration Infrastructure and Programs are absolutely more than efficient and affordable. Australian visas are so fucking expensive!!! I mean I paid a total of C$600 to get a Canadian WP sitting back home. And C$1050 for the PR application is DIRT CHEAP! What else do people want? Canada has ALWAYS been an immigrant country (well except for the indigenous people) and it is always going to be an immigrant country because of how fucking awesome it is towards cultures and people. They're not even closing the EE program any time soon so best to keep on improving that score people!! There's plenty of space there for anyone who's willing to put in the effort and time!

Reactions: Dr Seun and chouku

NvzooTor

May 30, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-04-2019
AOR Received.
June 1, 2019
Med's Done....
July 10, 2109
Passport Req..
December 6, 2019
LANDED..........
January 17, 2020

His post was about going to Australia. Seems like you didn't even read it

Reactions: mayjuly and chouku

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I entered the Pool on 20th December 2019 with 445 points, this month January 2020 my points are 470 because of two years of work experience in Canada.
My post graduate Work Permit is expiring 18th March 2020.

What do you guys suggest?

My celpip score is
L- 10
R- 10
W - 10
S- 7

I have achieved this score on 4th attempt.

should I wait for couple of more draws or give celpip again right away?
What if I can’t increase the celpip/ielts score?
I am already working for an Accounting firm.
What are my other options to stay here ? Or should i be ready to leave the country?
You are losing 17 points due to 7 in speaking. If I were you, I would get the maximum score for language. So, getting 487 is pretty much a guaranteed ITA. I maxed out on my IELTS and my score will be 479 come May (that's when I will be eligible under CEC after one year of employment in Canada).

I also heard that IELTS is fair when it comes to speaking. So, you could try taking IELTS to see if that helps you.

Reactions: hypervariate123

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of Allah (24/8/2012)
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
You are losing 17 points due to 7 in speaking. If I were you, I would get the maximum score for language. So, getting 487 is pretty much a guaranteed ITA. I maxed out on my IELTS and my score will be 479 come May (that's when I will be eligible under CEC after one year of employment in Canada).

I also heard that IELTS is fair when it comes to speaking. So, you could try taking IELTS to see if that helps you.
True , i can atually get 20 points more with 10 in speaking. I have tried Ielts and got 8 in speaking but can’t get more than 6.5 in writing.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
True , i can atually get 20 points more with 10 in speaking. I have tried Ielts and got 8 in speaking but can’t get more than 6.5 in writing.
Actually, you will get 499 points in total if you get maximum points for your first official language. Again, it's worth a shot in my opinion. Even with 6.5 in speaking and max scores in other bands, you will get 476. I don't see a lose-lose situation except for the money you pay for these tests.

Reactions: Sheryar

chouku

Jan 22, 2020
Australia

I do not mean to paint a negative picture of Australia's migration. However, if I were thinking of migrating here permanently it would be good to hear what is actually happening on the ground. When I just got here, things weren't so bad. Although the process was a bit expensive, there was still hope because the points needed weren't so difficult to get. I'm just giving a perspective from the ground, based on the policy changes that happened in November and what seems to be the policy direction of the current government.

Apoorva_1987

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-2019
IELTS Request
12-Nov-2019
I guess you’re into IT

WES has done the same with me. Evaluated my Masters as a 3 year bachelors degree. I don’t understand how do they come up with this. Anyway you have some hopes with PNP and I’m positive your profile will be picked up soon, due to a huge demand for tech talents, ON and BC plan frequent draws on this one.

I might consider to get my Masters assessed through CES so it can boost my CRS by 7 points. Reappearing for IELTS is another option to add 3 more. But all of this is frustrating and unfortunately I don’t feel like putting any efforts on these anymore, that’s why I’ve been procrastinating.

I completely resonate with this. I mean giving IELtS with the work schedule and a 2 yo kid is a nightmare.

I will go for CES ECA.