+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 135th Draw

haris_rasheed

Jul 13, 2018
g
Updated Internal CRS Tracker:

600+ (Total:1) -> anasalee(976)
475+ (Total:1) -> harismranjot(478)
470+ (Total: 4) -> Nuzhat Ali (473) | ravneet09 (470)| abbieh (471) | zee90999 (470) | haris_rasheed (474)
465+ (Total :9) -> satnamsingh2k3(465) | Vazi(465) | Amrit1234(468) | Lazybug( 467) 1\ Rangana (468) | KK_the_great (466) | Dr seun (467) | prateek2108 (465) | caddie (466)
451-465 (Total: 8) -> chemistesa(459)| aj534160 (460)| Gurjit13 (464) | canadavisaLanka2019 (463) | bhupifromdelhi (463) | Harsh (462) | Sidh_joy (456) | ozzyess (462)
got the ITA on 8th JAN. you can remove my name.

TheTAMAS

Nov 1, 2019
I am short 3 points. I have retaken the exam but got the same score...

I cant afford to retake it again now. I will seek the trends and will retake it eventually.
At that point, maxing out IELTS would lead you to a score of -3 whereas, before your b'day, it's gonna be +3

tang205k

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-05-2020
Med's Done....
09-07-2020
Good day to all,

I have a question regarding work experience. I graduated Canadian university and got a bachelor degree in engineering in Jan 2019. Started working since Feb 1, 2019 till now. Changed job once but there was no gap. So technically I will be safe to claim 1 year work exp on Feb 1 2020.

Currently sitting at 434 with bad language score. There is still half a month from now till my 1 year work date but in my profile the system already counted 1 year exp judging by the score breakdown on profile. Just did IELTS on Jan 11, 2020 and the results will be out on Jan 24. Let's say I max out IELTS and I will have a score of 474. And let's say there will be a draw on Jan 29 and cut off is below 474, will I get invited? if so, do I technically have 1 year exp? I don't want to misrepresent since there will be 2 or 3 days short from 1 year.

Any comments would be appreciated.

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Good day to all,

I have a question regarding work experience. I graduated Canadian university and got a bachelor degree in engineering in Jan 2019. Started working since Feb 1, 2019 till now. Changed job once but there was no gap. So technically I will be safe to claim 1 year work exp on Feb 1 2020.

Currently sitting at 434 with bad language score. There is still half a month from now till my 1 year work date but in my profile the system already counted 1 year exp judging by the score breakdown on profile. Just did IELTS on Jan 11, 2020 and the results will be out on Jan 24. Let's say I max out IELTS and I will have a score of 474. And let's say there will be a draw on Jan 29 and cut off is below 474, will I get invited? if so, do I technically have 1 year exp? I don't want to misrepresent since there will be 2 or 3 days short from 1 year.

Any comments would be appreciated.
In my opinion you should create your profile only after 1st Feb so that you have A complete 1 year experience that your claiming points for.

tang205k

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-05-2020
Med's Done....
09-07-2020
In my opinion you should create your profile only after 1st Feb so that you have A complete 1 year experience that your claiming points for.
Yes I agree but I think anyone can create a profile anytime regardless of scores and qualifications. When entering my current job on EE profile, it only asked for my job start date, no end date. Since we are now in the month of January maybe the system just assumed 1 whole month? And I think the system shouldn't have flaws. If I answered everything truthfully which I did, the system should calculate a legit score.

Last edited:

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Yes I agree but I think anyone can create a profile anytime regardless of scores and qualifications. When entering my current job on EE profile, it only asked for my job start date, no end date. Since we are now in the month of January maybe the system just assumed 1 whole month? And I think the system shouldn't have flaws. If I answered everything truthfully which I did, the system should calculate a legit score.
To the best of my knowledge all the information you provide is locked on the day you receive an ITA and by that day you wouldn’t have completed 1 year, eventually this may turn into a refusal and you’d be wasting your time until you reapply.

tang205k

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-05-2020
Med's Done....
09-07-2020
To the best of my knowledge all the information you provide is locked on the day you receive an ITA and by that day you wouldn’t have completed 1 year, eventually this may turn into a refusal and you’d be wasting your time until you reapply.
Should I cancel this profile then? Or just wait till Feb 1, 2019 to update my language score and wait for the next draw?

NvzooTor

May 30, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-04-2019
AOR Received.
June 1, 2019
Med's Done....
July 10, 2109
Passport Req..
December 6, 2019
LANDED..........
January 17, 2020
You are perfectly right, you can create your profile whenever you want. Keep in mind that system will calculate only months, not days, so it's possible to receive ITA long before you can actually claim points for 1 year iof experience. I you can decline ITA (safest option) or wait till you get 1 year and accept it or (the least safe) to accept it right away but siblmit your application only after you have 1 year of experience. Decline or accept is still debatable, tons of threads here, you can check.
Most important. CIC emphasized that checking your elegibility is YOUR responsibility. Even ITA doesn't mean that your can claim points for your experience.
Good luck.

LaFontaine

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
The system does count the whole month, unfortunately, and sends you ITA before you actually complete one year. This happens a lot. You have to decline the ITA, and wait to be invited only after you have completed one year (or 2 years if you are claiming points for 2 years...and so on). You are responsible to make sure the points the system gives you are legit as it is not uncommon for the system to give you less/ more points than you should be getting. The VO will re-calculate your points when they start your application, and if your points are lower than the cut off score of that ITA, your application will be rejected.

Just wait those extra days and apply then :) Good luck!

Reactions: tang205k

tang205k

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-05-2020
Med's Done....
09-07-2020
You are perfectly right, you can create your profile whenever you want. Keep in mind that system will calculate only months, not days, so it's possible to receive ITA long before you can actually claim points for 1 year iof experience. I you can decline ITA (safest option) or wait till you get 1 year and accept it or (the least safe) to accept it right away but siblmit your application only after you have 1 year of experience. Decline or accept is still debatable, tons of threads here, you can check.
Most important. CIC emphasized that checking your elegibility is YOUR responsibility. Even ITA doesn't mean that your can claim points for your experience.
Good luck.
Thanks for your answers. I will look for other threads on this topic. I'm new to this forum.