+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 135th Draw

masterfire

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Hey guys, this is an awkward question..

My score was at 453 a few months ago and now it's at 478 and I don't know why. I've received an ITA but I'm still waiting to hear back on my PR renouncement that I submitted in November. What should I do? I think I forgot to submit a copy of my passport for that renouncement so I was waiting to get my documents back before resending....

Should I decline and wait to get PR renouncement processed or accept and try to apply and then see if I get denied?
Hi
How do you increase your CRS?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
You'll be fine. Just wait until May comes.
Thanks for the reply, friend. I also qualify for the new Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program as I meet their criteria and work in the priority sector identified by my community. I will also apply for it to be on the safe side. Meanwhile, if I could get my French back to CLB 7, I will cross the 500 mark. If I am not grossly underestimating, my French used to be at least a B2 or a C1. As I can see in this forum, more options open up with French. Thanks again!

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
I came to Canada as an international student and graduated in spring 2019. I got a job right out of school and I will become eligible for CEC with a CRS score of 479 in the month of May. Do you guys think it will enough then or should I start looking into other options? I maxed out on IELTS in my first attempt. My score is slightly better than CLB 10. Is improving my French worth it? Took French in university, but haven't touched it since then. Let me know. I still think Canadian institutes take international students seriously, it's just the international students who don't take education seriously based on my experience. Most come here to get PR, but they absolutely have no idea about how to get it.
May??? You can expect an invite within the next 2 - 3 draws at the most. 479 is a good score even if there are applicants with PNP. Good luck.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Have you indicated your French as a 1st language? Otherwise you may not get an NOI.
I am not sure it works like this. I am at 460 and also have french CLB7+ and Ontario selected but i dont think PNPs are as transparent as EE. I guess they selected only people that at least have been to Ontario or are already there. They issue around 200 invitations, that is not much.

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
You must have indicated that you are willing to apply for OINP in you EE profile. For the French steam you must have a CLB 7 in French and a CLB in English of 6, have a NOC in 0,A or B and have between 433 and 472. If you fulfill the requirements but haven't received the NOI you probably didn't tick the OINP box in your EE profile.
I certainly ticked this box for both BC and Ontario. I was sure of it and I just double checked it.

Have you indicated your French as a 1st language? Otherwise you may not get an NOI.
I did not since I have CLB 9 and 10 in english and CLB 7+ in french. It is recommended at the EE profile that we should "choose the one with the highest CLB/NCLC scores". It does not make any sense to choose french since it would lower my CRS and it is against what is recommended.

I am so confused about all of this. Is there anyone I can contact?

Last edited:

looking forward

Jun 30, 2019
I certainly ticked this box for both BC and Ontario. I was sure of it and I just double checked it.

I did not since I have CLB 9 and 10 in english and CLB 7+ in french. It is recommended at the EE profile page to "choose the one with the highest CLB/NCLC scores". Are you sure that I should have French as primary language to be selected ? I did not read that in the requirements to be eligible and that would lower my EE CRS score. It does not make any sense.

Hi,

for ontario french speaking stream you should indicate french as first language to allow the computer to select you .
wait for the next draws
last year and the year before ontario conducted a draw every thursday for the french speaker stream change your language now and see what will happen next thursday .

regards

davidaminelli

Jul 30, 2018

I did not since I have CLB 9 and 10 in english and CLB 7+ in french. It is recommended at the EE profile that we should "choose the one with the highest CLB/NCLC scores". It does not make any sense to choose french since it would lower my CRS and it is against what is recommended.

I am in the exactly same position. I have checked Ontario, BC and some other provinces. And I left English as primary language since it was my highest score. Didn't get a invitation. So frustrating!

davidaminelli

Jul 30, 2018
Hi,

for ontario french speaking stream you should indicate french as first language to allow the computer to select you .
wait for the next draws
last year and the year before ontario conducted a draw every thursday for the french speaker stream change your language now and see what will happen next thursday .

regards
I'm so sorry to ask, but how can you be sure that you "should indicate french as first language". It's not written in the OINP guide.

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Hi,

wait for the next draws

regards
Thing is, it is expressly said that we should have the language with the highest score as first language and if we change it our CRS will drop drastically. Not only that but I am afraid it might be considered misrepresentation since we are going against what is being recommeded. =\

I am in the exactly same position. I have checked Ontario, BC and some other provinces. And I left English as primary language since it was my highest score. Didn't get a invitation. So frustrating!
I just sent an e-mail to OINP to try to understand what is going on and I will let you know if they answer me.

Reactions: davidaminelli

looking forward

Jun 30, 2019
I'm so sorry to ask, but how can you be sure that you "should indicate french as first language". It's not written in the OINP guide.
I got the nomination via this strategey I fighted with my consultant about it but when we changed my first language to french we got the NOI the next thursday

try to do it fast as last year the french stream was closed in may 2019
ontario began to select from january till 07 of febraury and they stopped and they invited people again in one draw in may 2019

good luck

Reactions: davidaminelli

looking forward

Jun 30, 2019
Thing is, it is expressly said that we should have the language with the highest score as first language and if we change it our CRS will drop drastically. Not only that but I am afraid it might be considered misrepresentation since we are going against what is being recommeded. =\

I just sent an e-mail to OINP to try to understand what is going on and I will let you know if they answer me.
it will drop your CRS Score Yes

but there is no mispresentation on it it s s computer selection basis ontario put French as first language .english second....

lasrt year the stream was without CRS points means if you have french 7 english 6 and bachelor degree the system will send you the NOI

but this year they change it they add the CRS 431 to 471

so it s up to you

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Well, I will give it a try since CRS is not going drop to 460 anytime soon. My profile now has only 400 points. This feels so unfair, I would be out of this round. Let's see what happens.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

looking forward

Jun 30, 2019
Well, I will give it a try since CRS is not going drop to 460 anytime soon. My profile now has only 400 points. Let's see what happens.

Thanks for your time.
i wish you good luck

But monitor it every week and follow the ontario draws because we dont know this year what will be the pattern as i mentioned above last year this stream was without CRS Points so be carefull as this year they add the requirements of the CRS points

wish you a good luck to get it soon