+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 134th Draw

Unmesh

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Yes, that's true. Do you feel there is any other way to increase scores or maybe get a PNP nomination even when I don't have any ties in Canada or previous educational background from the country ? My younger brother is based out of Sudbury (Ontario), pursuing his higher studies. But apart from that I have no one !

P.S: I am stuck at 466 ! With an 8 in IELTS (L:8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7 and S:8) and my Husband Score is 7 in IELTS (L:7, R:6.5, W:6.5, S:7)
Was in the same spot last year. Try out SINP as there is a lot of action going on there. If your application is very clear they seem to process nominations faster off late. I got a nomination in 2 months time and an ITA this draw.

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Was in the same spot last year. Try out SINP as there is a lot of action going on there. If your application is very clear they seem to process nominations faster off late. I got a nomination in 2 months time and an ITA this draw.
Can you let me know what documents you submitted as your employment reference letter in SINP? I got an invite from SINP and just collecting documents.

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Does SINP consider the CRS score or its own score?

Mine is 64, which is quite low...

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Hello everyone , my fiancee got her ITA on 479 points after registering on December 30th ( Tie breaking rule was applied on December 27th) , together we would have 473 points (the minimal cutoff score for this draw) should we add my profile post ITA ( our score would drop to 473 and she registered the ee profile on December 30 knowing , tie breaking rule was December 27th )or After AOR ? please advice , does the tie breaking rule apply when recalculating the crs score due to adding spouse ?

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Hello everyone , my fiancee got her ITA on 479 points after registering on December 30th ( Tie breaking rule was applied on December 27th) , together we would have 473 points (the minimal cutoff score for this draw) should we add my profile post ITA ( our score would drop to 473 and she registered the ee profile on December 30 knowing , tie breaking rule was December 27th )or After AOR ? please advice , does the tie breaking rule apply when recalculating the crs score due to adding spouse ?
It doesn’t say that anywhere under Ministerial Instruction. All it says is that the recalculated score needs to meet the cut-off criteria at the time the ITA was issued. I’d recommend you read the Ministerial Instructions carefully and then do the right thing.
You do need to be mindful that not being added as an accompanying spouse only to boost your scores (is unacceptable) and can call for a valid justification under the procedural fairness guidelines.

dr.aam89

Nov 11, 2019
Don't do that. Tie breaking rule would apply and your application will be refused. With 473 score together I'd recommend she declines the ITA. Add you to her profile (assuming you are married). With 473 you will get ITA in next round for sure.

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
It’s not a game , I m on 468 , and I would have liked to do the same , I have already got ITA( without spouse 475) . Whatever u have declared prior to your ITA, u got to follow it , as ur scores have been freezed now , u cnt do anything about that . Your spouse has to go alone if u dnt want to face any sort of ban

Sidra1990

Apr 21, 2017
Hey. My dad's sister's son is a Canadian PR. Can I claim his point under relative head? Please assist can he be helpful in any scenario.

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Hey. My dad's sister's son is a Canadian PR. Can I claim his point under relative head? Please assist can he be helpful in any scenario.

You can claim 5 points if you have relatives in Canada to be eligible under the FSW (67 points eligibility criteria of the 6 selection factors)
These relatives can be as below:

You, or your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative who is:
  • living in Canada
  • 18 years or older and
  • a Canadian citizen or permanent resident

This relative must be a:
  • parent
  • grandparent
  • child
  • grandchild
  • your or your spouse’s sibling (child of your or your spouse’s parent)
  • your or your spouse’s aunt or uncle (by blood or marriage)
  • your or your spouse’s niece or nephew (grandchild of your or your spouse’s parent)
Additionally you can claim 15 points under the express entrys CRS:
To get these points, candidates will need to show that the sibling is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is living in Canada and is 18 years of age or older. The sibling in Canada must share a mother or father with the principal Express Entry applicant or their spouse or common-law partner.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
You can claim 5 points if you have relatives in Canada to be eligible under the FSW (67 points eligibility criteria of the 6 selection factors)
These relatives can be as below:

You, or your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative who is:
  • living in Canada
  • 18 years or older and
  • a Canadian citizen or permanent resident

This relative must be a:
  • parent
  • grandparent
  • child
  • grandchild
  • your or your spouse’s sibling (child of your or your spouse’s parent)
  • your or your spouse’s aunt or uncle (by blood or marriage)
  • your or your spouse’s niece or nephew (grandchild of your or your spouse’s parent)
Additionally you can claim 15 points under the express entrys CRS:
To get these points, candidates will need to show that the sibling is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is living in Canada and is 18 years of age or older. The sibling in Canada must share a mother or father with the principal Express Entry applicant or their spouse or common-law partner.
So no cousins, right?