+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 134th Draw

OADEOYA

Jan 2, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
honestly, i am asking the same question at 468. So, i'd say working to improve score would be the next step.
Thanks @mudjawd, I'm above 30, have a Masters degree, and I my ielts score is LWRS 8 7.5 7.5 7. How can I improve my scores? Or what other channels can I use with a work experience as an administrator for 6 years?

NvzooTor

May 30, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-04-2019
AOR Received.
June 1, 2019
Med's Done....
July 10, 2109
Passport Req..
December 6, 2019
LANDED..........
January 17, 2020
Thanks @mudjawd, I'm above 30, have a Masters degree, and I my ielts score is LWRS 8 7.5 7.5 7. How can I improve my scores? Or what other channels can I use with a work experience as an administrator for 6 years?
3 years of foreign (not Canadian) experience will give you maximum points. You won't receive any extra for 4 or 6 years.
French language, PNP, valid job offer in Canada can help

Reactions: OADEOYA

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
I am not an expert and only new to the forum so i'll put forward what I've read so far in similar threads.

For married people you can get extra points for spouse education/work experience and their English proficiency scores. But if you are unmarried then I guess its not useful as adding dependents will take points away as well. You can play with the score calculator on the CIC site to leverage the options to reasonably increase your score.

Some people are learning French but it is a longer route. Some give IELTS and target for the highest band.

Sorry, if i am not of much help but i'd still say the most important thing is to go to the score calculator and reasonably see what leverages can be used.

Reactions: OADEOYA

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Use official sources only and stay confident)
You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

Thank you for your suggestion. I also have one more question which I am struggling to find an answer (its a little long read though) . Can you advise on that please?
========================================================================
I am actually working with the same company since 2007 (started in India) and since 2015 I've been working in Canada with the same company on an Intra company Transfer. This company applied for LMIA as technically I'll complete my 5 years next year Feb and couldn't extend the WP due to 5 year limit).

I checked the requirement for getting 50 points for LMIA and it says that I need to also have the job offer from the company along with the LMIA. The thing is that this company I am working for won't give me a separate offer as I am already working with them for 12 years now. My Verification of Employment (VOE) on the company letter head says something like this.

Name: xxxxxx
<<Company Name>> Canada Hire date: 04/16/2015
Original Hire Date <<Company Name>> : 07/16/2007
Separation Date: NA
Position Held: Manager

Followed by Roles and responsibilities and Base Salary and Weekly working hours.

Will this VOE along with LMIA suffice as it does prove that I am working with the company since so many years and specifically already working in Canada for 5 years (almost) but nothing in this VOE says that I have the job for at least the next one year.
===============================================================================================

I will be very grateful if you could respond.

Thanks

NvzooTor

May 30, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-04-2019
AOR Received.
June 1, 2019
Med's Done....
July 10, 2109
Passport Req..
December 6, 2019
LANDED..........
January 17, 2020
That's the whole idea. LMIA will be given to your employer and allow them to hire/extend your contract. That's why they need a new job offer. So IRCC will grant you a closed work permit which can be no longer than your new contract/offer. Or, I f you still have an open work permit, you can use LMIA for extra points, since you'll have a valid job offer.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=695&top=29

arvw

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
That's the whole idea. LMIA will be given to your employer and allow them to hire/extend your contract. That's why they need a new job offer. So IRCC will grant you a closed work permit which can be no longer than your new contract/offer. Or, I f you still have an open work permit, you can use LMIA for extra points, since you'll have a valid job offer.
Sorry if this message is long. The website is very confusing at explaining valid job offer and LMIA-exempt qualifications.

I have a working holiday open work permit (no employer specified) valid till May 2020. I started working in Jun 2019 and am still employed at the same employer for NOC category B. My employer agreed it is a permanent position and is willing to provide me an employment verification. Do I qualify for the 50 points?

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August

Thanks a lot for your response. Actually it is so confusing on the LMIA and a valid job offer that there is absolutely no clarity specifically for cases like me where I am already working with the same company for 12 years. i.e: my company cannot already give me a job offer as I am holding that offer right now (and that's why working since 2015 in Canada). It is just that they are extending this job offer via LMIA as they want me to continue working for the next 1 year.

Do, I need to explicitly get a written letter from my company that they will employ me for 1 year after my LMIA is approved (I doubt companies will commit explicitly like that as I'd be a liability if situation changes).

TheTAMAS

Nov 1, 2019
I am not an expert and only new to the forum so i'll put forward what I've read so far in similar threads.

For married people you can get extra points for spouse education/work experience and their English proficiency scores. But if you are unmarried then I guess its not useful as adding dependents will take points away as well. You can play with the score calculator on the CIC site to leverage the options to reasonably increase your score.

Some people are learning French but it is a longer route. Some give IELTS and target for the highest band.

Sorry, if i am not of much help but i'd still say the most important thing is to go to the score calculator and reasonably see what leverages can be used.
https://www.canadim.com/blog/express-entry-spouse-points/

Ramsha Bukhari

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
You guys really need to make data-driven assumptions instead of blind optimism.
This was the distribution on 12/11 before the draw:
CRS 600+: 715
CRS 451-460: 15917
So after the draw:
CRS 600+: 0
CRS 472-600: ~=0
CRS 451-471: 13432
Here the average density is 671 people per score.
Actually the density of 469-471 should be much lower than 451-471, lets assume it is 500.

Between 12/11 and 12/19, 3234 people has joined the pool, then 3200 people were selected. Cutline was 469.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

It means with in 8 days, 3200-3*500 = 1700 people joined the pool with CRS 469+.
And there will be 19 days between 12/19 and 1/8.
1700/8*19 = 4037 people will join the pool with CRS 469+.

So the cutline of 1/8 will be 472 minimum. Period.
thankyou for putting up a common sense based prediction here :)

T Krishna

Dec 27, 2019
You guys really need to make data-driven assumptions instead of blind optimism.
This was the distribution on 12/11 before the draw:
CRS 600+: 715
CRS 451-460: 15917
So after the draw:
CRS 600+: 0
CRS 472-600: ~=0
CRS 451-471: 13432
Here the average density is 671 people per score.
Actually the density of 469-471 should be much lower than 451-471, lets assume it is 500.

Between 12/11 and 12/19, 3234 people has joined the pool, then 3200 people were selected. Cutline was 469.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

It means with in 8 days, 3200-3*500 = 1700 people joined the pool with CRS 469+.
And there will be 19 days between 12/19 and 1/8.
1700/8*19 = 4037 people will join the pool with CRS 469+.

So the cutline of 1/8 will be 472 minimum. Period.
Hi,
I was just looking at this calculation and have some questions regarding the same.
Could you please explain how you are factoring in the tie-breaker rule and the actual distribution dates.

because,
the distribution date for 11th dec might have been 11th dec but for 19th dec draw the distribution date was 16th dec, which means whatever increase in the distribution we get to see was in 5 days.

and if the tie breaker is considered, I dont think we can say that after a draw (11th dec in this case) the distribution above cut off score is zero.

please correct me if I am having wrong idea of what the distribution dates, tie-breaker and cutoff mean in these draws.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
Hi there,

i am facing an issue regarding my ECA report, i have emailing to WES from last 3 months because first in September 2019 i paid my fee and sent my provisional degree from here in Canada then, i managed to send my transcripts from my University (Indian listed under WES) and they had updated my account with the status "ON HOLD" finally after so many calls every week (6 7 times) i managed to get the reason for this issue and they replied "we are not able to locate your documents and therefore they issued a refund and asked me to send my transcripts again from University and they will do my evaluation at no cost.

So, i managed to send them again and WES received those transcripts again on 27 December 2019 and today they updated my account with the same status "ON HOLD" waiting for your documents (mark-sheets/transcripts)? Seriously these guys have no idea what are they doing and from today's talk with their supervisor on telephone they want me to write "contact us" form again and wait for 7 business days. No idea what to do! kindly assist me if someone has gone through the same situation........

Thanks